pussycat dolls singer-u2 fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crazyu2 said:
U're kidding! I had no idea! Do u have any pictures? Or where can I find a link of the story?

Phonecall with PaulMcGuinness, Edge and last but not least, a drunk Bono! :giggle: he sounds so cute!
with Irish radio tho...
Bono explains why Ali wasn't there.. Paul tells about the PCD :)

http://s56.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=09DM3FOBL5XVV3ILI1WHIE3QQ1
don't forget to remove the space! :wave:

Last edited:
Diddy is a huge U2 fan, hes gone to several concerts and he and Bono work closely on the ONE campaign

from @U2.com...a list of U2's celeberty fans...

Christian Bassedas, footballer

Lists favourite music as, "U2, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones."

(Newcastle United Football Club site - interview)

Daniel Bedingfield, singer/songwriter

"I'd really love to do something with Lauryn Hill. I'd love to work with Sting, Bono, or Bob Dylan. They're my heroes because they never try to be this famous star or anything--they're just being themselves, and [they] write passionate music from their hearts and that's what I really want to do."

(Launch Radio network interview, July 2003)

Bill Belichick, pro football (U.S.) coach

"...describes himself as a classic rock fan and lists Bruce Springsteen and U2 among his favorites."

(NY Daily News, Jan. 2004)

Big Boi / OutKast, artists

"We're also huge rock fans -- AC/DC, U2, Aerosmith, the White Stripes, Kate Bush."

(LA Times interview, September 2003)

Tony Blair, UK Prime Minister

"The premier said he had listened to his children`s CDs of groups The Darkness and the Foo Fighters. But he said he was more of a U2 man."

(UTV story, November 2003)

Emma Caulfield, actress

Caulfield's not really one for role models per se ("I've got really great parents, they're really good role models".) but admits a moderately obsessive love for - are you ready for this? - U2.

"Fanatical. Horribly fanatical," she coos. "If I met Bono I honestly don't know if I could speak. That's how floored I'd be. His humanity and his music and everything he's doing now - he could be a total ass in person, but I mean his public persona is someone of real high character and intelligence and fire. I like to be inspired. Its rare that I am, but when I am, I'm really devoted.

"He's willing to make fun of himself as well," she continues. "He's got a great sense of humour. There's a humility to him."

(September 2002, interview with SFX magazine)

Lord Henry Mount Charles, owner of Slane Castle, Ireland

"I've been following U2 for a long time..."

(18th March 2001, Sunday Mirror article)

Jeff Cirillo, baseball player

Favorite Singer/Artist: U2

(as listed in the 2002 Seattle Mariners' Wives charity cookbook)

Tony Clement, politician

No one in the Conservative Cabinet knows more about popular music than Tony Clement, the Minister of Health. Clement, who keeps copiesof Rolling Stone stacked alongside The Economist in his office, is a big fan of The Clash, The Ramones, U2 and a slew of lesser known bands. So it should come as no surprise that the Minister has hired Paul Cantin, one of Canada's top rock critics, as his press secretary.

(National Post, 21st September)

Steve Collins, former world champion boxer

"I am absolutely delighted and honoured to be asked to present this award (Best Selling Rock Album In Ireland) especially as it is U2. "And to be asked to pick up the award on their behalf was amazing. They are big boxing fans so that might have something to do with it."

(18th March 2001, Sunday Mirror article about Meteor Ireland Music Awards)

Albert Costa, professional tennis player

Favorite band: U2, Shakira

(from albert-costa.com)

Elvis Costello, singer/songwriter

He (Elvis Costello) owns an apartment in London, which he rents out, and a modest house in Dublin, which he shares with his wife, former "Pogues" bassist Cait O'Riordan. "We spend a lot of time together. She's 10 years younger than me, and she likes different things. Her favorite group growing up was U2, which I didn't register because I was too busy with my own career. But seeing the group through her eyes, I've grown to have a great appreciation of them."

(24th March, USA Weekend)

Darius, singer/songwriter

"I'm really excited about the music coming out of Ireland and Scotland," he said. "Two of my favourite bands are U2 and Texas and I think Bono is one of the most inspirational figures in music."

(12th September 2002, Interview with Belfast Telegraph)

Howie Day, singer/songwriter

BH Along those lines, who do you consider to be your major influences?

HD: Major influences would be Jeff Buckley, U2 and Richard Ashcroft (former leader of Brit-pop band The Verve, that's major hit was "Bittersweet Symphony").

(University Wire, 15th October 2002)

Brad Delson, guitarist (Linkin Park)

"I'd say my favorites range from U2 to Nine Inch Nails to Depeche Mode to the Roots." (asked about his influences and favorite bands)

(Daily Mississippian college paper, April 2003)

David Dickinson, TV presenter/antiques expert

Loves: rock music. Particularly U2, Led Zeppelin and Queen.

(14th September 2002, from 'Celeb CV' in The Mirror)

Cara Dillon, singer

"I would like to work with Bono," she admitted. "He has such a great edge to his voice and I have this soft, sweet voice -- I think it would be interesting."

(August 2002, Sunday Life)

DJ Sammy, DJ

If you organised a festival, who would play?
Definitely U2, I love their work. I'd love Kylie to play live. She is very sexy - we could have U2's sounds and Kylie's visuals!
Which song by another artist do you wish you had remixed?
With or Without You by U2 and some Police and Sting stuff.

(BBC online, 4th November 2002)

Ronnie Drew, singer (Dubliners)

The fiftyish Drew, rather an eminence grise of traditional Irish folk music, could hardly be mistaken for a rock & roll buff -- yet as he pulled up a chair next to Mullen, he was quick to express his regard for the work of U2.

"Oh, you're a great band," Ronnie told Larry. "My kids just think you're the greatest, have all your records, listen to them all the time. Yeah, the kids love ya." They chatted briefly before Ronnie got up to leave. "You know," he said gravely, "it would be a great honor if I could tell them that you bought me a drink."

(Rolling Stone, 14th March 1985, interview)

Lee Evans, comedian

"U2 are my number one band - they have such b*****ks and such passion for what they do, which makes such a difference, especially in today's environment of Pop Idol and all that crap. A bit of passion goes such a long way with me and I'd seen U2 play live in Milton Keynes years and years ago. So because I was here filming Highbinders during the summer, I was desperate to get to one of the Slane dates. It was about a week after Bono's father had died and I have to say I cried during the show about four times. I know that's a mad thing to say but when you see someone on stage who's got so much anger and passion, it just moves you."

(24th March 2002, Sunday Mirror)

Jon Foreman, singer (Switchfoot)

The band's goal was to combine its spiritual side with old-fashioned rock-star appeal -- much like their idols U2. "When I was a kid, my dad made me listen to 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For,' " says Jon. "He said, 'Son, this is what a song should sound like.' "

(RollingStone.com, July 2003)

Jenny Frost, singer (Atomic Kitten)

"They are absolutely amazing. I grew up listening to them - Bono and The Edge are gods."

(7th February 2001, Reuters article)

Shay Given, footballer

A pal said: "Shay has been a U2 fan for years and was really excited when he spotted Bono in a club. But he didn't want to go up to him as Bono was obviously on holidays and he didn't want to bother him. Shay was gobsmacked then when Bono came over to HIM and started up a conversation." Soccer-mad Bono took Shay's number and invited the Newcastle goalkeeper and his wife for Sunday lunch with him and his wife, Ali, at their luxury villa. The pal added: "They got on so well that Shay and Jane ended up staying the night in Bono and Ali's place. The two couples spent the rest of their holidays hanging out together and they are still in contact now. "Bono is a huge football fan but I think Shay is a bigger U2 fan."

(1st September 2002, Sunday Mirror)

Larry Gogan, radio DJ

Favourite album of all time: The Joshua Tree by U2

(2FM website, 6th November 2002)

Neil Hannon, singer/songwriter (Divine Comedy)

'One by U2' - "This is really soppy - it's what we played at our wedding (Hannon married Orla Little in 1999). It's not my favoutire U2 song, but it's certainly the best to play at a wedding. It was a mutual choice, the one thing we could agree upon. Strange when you've heard a song for 10 years and then suddenly it takes on an entirely different meaning. I understood the central purpose of the song (quotes lyrics) We're one, but we're not the same. You're destined to be with each other but you'll not always see eye to eye."

(June 2001 issue of Q Magazine 06/2001 - article listing his favourite songs)

Shigetoshi Hasegawa, baseball player

Favorite Singer/Artist: U2

(as listed in the 2002 Seattle Mariners' Wives charity cookbook)

Tony Hawk, skateboarder

If Hawk was a band, maybe he would be the equivalent of R.E.M., or one of his mid-'80s favorites, U2.

(Star Tribune, 1st November 2002)

Fran Healy, singer (Travis)

"Do we think we can be as big as U2? It would be rude not to," he told The Sun. "It's about longevity and staying together through the madness. U2 are a great example of a band who've gone on for more than 20 years, written good songs and kept their integrity. They are a great role model. They're doing well and that's refreshing because they can still move people and write great songs in an incredibly ageist industry."

(The Sun)

Stephen Hendry, snooker player

Other interests include Formula One racing and the music of U2

(BBC-Passion for Sport 2001 - brief biography of player)

Mike Henry, Family Guy writer and voice of "Cleveland"

"What CD is in your stereo right now?
The new U2 album. I'm a big U2 freak, I've seen them twice in the last few weeks, once in San Diego, then again at the Staples Center."

(April 2005 interview)

John Hurt, actor

"I thought they were tremendous, very professional, especially in the light of what's happened with Bono's father. It must have been difficult for him."

(28th August 2001, Irish Times Article on Slane Castle gig)

Adam Hyzdu, baseball player

Road-trip CD playlist?
AH: Michael W. Smith, Shawn Groves and U2.
DG: Best U2 CD?
AH: Definitely The Joshua Tree.

(2nd September 2002, in an interview with Dan Gigler - staff writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Enrique Iglesias, singer/songwriter

"I've always said my influences are the musicians of the '80s: Dire Straits, The Police, U2, even Bruce Springsteen. What I like most about that music is that it was made to be played in a huge arena."

(Christchurch Press, 9th October 2002)

Natalie Imbruglia, singer/songwriter

Throughout this process (writing her second album, White Lilies Island), the band that inspired Natalie Imbruglia the most was U2 - "for the way they captured a mood, rather than focusing in on the specific," she says. "The Joshua Tree is my favourite. It sounds like the desert, and they captured a moment in time of exactly how they were feeling. It's just so cool. But there would also be small things that inspired me, like an element in a Bernard Butler song where the layers of music were built up with each verse."

(19th July 2002, The Guardian)

Eddie Irvine, racing driver

"I made a rare visit home to Ireland last Saturday, just to go to the U2 gig at Slane Castle. The old rockers are really back on form and the stage show was just fantastic. Of course, I had the full backstage pass and generally had a bit of a laugh and caught up with some old friends that I don't get to see very often. "

(August/September 2001, Eddie Irvine official web site)

Quincy Jones, entertainer

"We (Bono and I) met a long time ago. He was living next door to me when he did Rattle And Hum, and he did the millennium with me in Washington. That's my brother, and as a musician, or a husband, or a father, or a humanitarian, it's the same person. That's where it all comes from. He's one of the few people in the world that I want to be out here to, to support."

(16th February 2002, Launch article on 'Love Rocks' tribute concert)

Ronan Keating, singer

Ronan revealed he enjoyed his co-starring role in the U2 video for the track, The Sweetest Thing. "I remember talking to Bono at a social do," he said. "He was making this video and the whole idea was for his wife because he had missed her birthday. He was trying to make a video that said 'sorry.' Ali was quite fond of Boyzone so it was a bit of a joke between us all. He sent us this brilliant fax after the video with five rings, one for each of us. It said, 'What do you call five guys who pull you out of a rut when you are in trouble with your missus -- Boyzone!' "He drew this picture of five lads, little stick men. It was really cool. It was a great honour to be in the video."

(The Express, June 4th 2002)

Kelis, singer

"I love U2. I really do."

(6th October 2001, The Guardian - article)

Patrick Kielty, comedian

"What was the first concert you ever went to?"

"U2 at the King's Hall in Belfast in 1985. I've since seen every tour they've done."

(24th August 2002, The Mirror)

Peter King, sportswriter

"U2's two songs -- I wish it had been nine -- were perfect for the occasion. Beautiful Day was more baleful than what I heard on tour, and Where The Streets Have No Name sounded better because it was less noisy than a usual concert, I think because of the backdrop of all the names of the people who died in the Sept. 11 tragedy. I praise you, NFL, selfishly, for giving me 11 terrific minutes at halftime of a great event."

(5th February 2002, NFL column on CNNSI.com)

Aaron Lewis, musician (Staind)

"That was a trip. It was, the biggest trip was getting the phone call from Bono [of U2] on my cell phone, and just having him be like (attempts Irish accent) "Hello, is Aaron there?" and I'm like, "Yeah, this is he." (Here comes the accent again) "This is Bono." In the back my head, I'm going, "Holy s**t, Bono's calling me on the phone!" I talked to him for like an hour and a half, and after talking to him he definitely had my interest in wanting to be a part of what they were trying to accomplish."

(31st October 2001, The Georgia State University Signal article including comments on What's Going On single with Bono)

Shirley Manson, singer (Garbage)

"Have I mentioned already how incredible the U2 show is? It's weird.........don't know if it's the way everyone is feeling following the World Trade Centre disaster or what but the atmosphere at these shows have been insanely intense. Bono just has such an incredible ability to harness the crowd's energy and feed it straight back to them, resulting in what seems like communal ecstasy. I've never seen anything quite like it. Our Bono is indeed a mighty force. He walks into a room and all the air gets sucked right out. He is completely magnetic."

(29th October 2001, Garbage Official web site - comments on supporting U2 during the Elevation Tour)

Richard Marx, singer

"I've always loved groups like U2 and Coldplay...."

(Nashville City Paper, August 13, 2004)

John McEnroe, tennis player

The example of Bono is brought up, and McEnroe nods again. A big fan of U2 - as well as of the Rolling Stones, Pretenders, and other rock acts prominently mentioned in the book - McEnroe praises the singer for genuinely seeking to make a difference and not merely grandstanding for a cause.

(20th June 2002, Boston Globe - interview following release of autobiography)

John McIntyre, guitarist (The Revs)

""I was such a huge fan of U2 since I was young. I saw them on the Zoo TV tour in the RDS when I was 13 and it was amazing. They are still a huge influence and I would love to do what they have done."

(September 2002 article in The Mirror)

Moby, musician

"I went to see U2 again tonight. Boy are they good in concert. Wowee. They're just amazing. Melodic and powerful. I wish there were more musicians who: a - Write great songs, b - Are nice people, c - Have a strong social conscience, d - Play all their hits in concert..."

(24th October 2001, Official Moby website)

Samantha Mumba, singer

"I'm a huge fan of the band, I saw them in LA recently and they just blew me away."

(28th August 2001, Irish Times article)

Owen Nolan, professional hockey player

"His favourite music is performed by Irish band U2 and Canada's The Tragically Hip."

(Toronto star article, March 6, 2003)

Ed O'Brien, musician (Radiohead)

"I remember seeing his [Bono's] band in 1985 in Milton Keynes and being blown away, and aspiring to be like them, R.E.M. and Bowie."

(24th May 2002, Hot Press article on Hot Press Irish Music Awards)

David O'Leary, manager, Aston Villa (UK) football club

"FAVOURITE SINGER/MUSIC: I love all sorts particularly live gigs. I am planning to see Shania Twain when she comes to the NEC but my all time favourites are The Eagles and U2."

(Birmingham Post, Feb. 2004)

Vladimir Orszagh, professional hockey player

"Anything by U2. I just like their group. I like all of the old songs. I don't know them by name. But I like them."

(Asked about his "desert island discs", The Tennessean, Nov. 2003)

Charlie Peacock, singer/songwriter

"The music is important but what really lasts is the power and beauty of love and spirit in action across time into forever. I think U2 has contributed to this kind of bigger story. I love the music but it's this that I ultimately admire."

(June, 2003, interview with @U2)

Joe Perry, guitarist (Aerosmith)

"Of course, I'm a big fan," he said. "I think they're great, and they set out to do... They try and they accomplish it. It's a great concert, you know? I mean, they've got great songs, and they also put on a show that's always entertaining, whether it was Zooropa or, you know, those big stadium things. They're always entertaining. Whether or not people like it as much, probably not, but the show that they're doing now is great."

(23rd June 2001, Launch)

Lisa-Marie Presley, singer, daughter of Elvis

"A U2, Radiohead and PJ Harvey fan...."

(as described in Edmonton Journal article, April 2003)

Steve Slaton, DJ

"The Joshua Tree", U2. "That's the greatest album of the '80s. They have proved to be one of the great groups of all time."

(The News Tribune, 2nd August 2002)

Shannon Snell, football player (U.S.)

"AE: I've also heard you love U2. I never would have guessed.

SS: I do. I didn't always like them, but when they came out with Beautiful Day, it kind of grew on me and I got some more of their music and started listening to it. I would never in a million years have thought I would listen to U2, but I do."

(St. Petersburg Times, Dec. 28, 2003)

Annika Sorenstam, professional golfer

"Get her away from the course, say those closest to her, and Sorenstam is warm and engaging. She's apt to hang out in a T-shirt and jeans. Maybe dance barefoot to the music of Madonna or U2."

(Fort-Worth Star Telegram, 18th May 2003)

Gwen Stefani, singer (No Doubt)

"All through our high school and college years, U2 had been there doing their thing. I have always respected and loved them but now with this touring experience it has gone to the next level."

(28th November 2001, Dotmusic comments about U2.com interview on supporting U2 during Elevation tour)

Chris Tucker, actor

"I love him, man. He's just so brilliant, smart. And he's just a great guy, a really good guy."

(about Bono, on the Oprah Winfrey Show, Septembe, 2002)

Hillary Woods, bass Player (JJ72)

"People are always asking us if we're the next U2," says the band's gorgeous bass player, and only female member, Hillary Woods. "Maybe it's because we've supported U2, and when we're asked what Irish bands we look up to, obviously, it's them. We have huge admiration for the band, but I don't think there's any such thing as the next U2. I don't think we sound like them at all, but then, I don't know what we do sound like," she laughs. "We'd love to have the same longevity as them though, but it hard to say what will happen to us"

(Sunday Life, 20th October 2002)

Tiger Woods, golfer

Tiger Woods likes hip-hop music. His father, Earl, is something of a jazz aficionado, and he has tried to get his son to appreciate Miles Davis and John Coltrane. So far, Tiger is sticking with hip-hop and pop artists such as U2, Boyz II Men and Janet Jackson.

(18th July 2002, Kansas City Star - article)

Danny Wylie, singer (Cosmic Rough Riders)

"I just thought this is amazing. I am a big fan of U2 - it's a dream come true.... My uncle John took me to see them in Glasgow. It was my first gig. I managed to meet them after the gig. I was 11 or 12 and we kind of hung about outside and avoided being thrown out by the bouncers. Bono was really nice to me because I was a little kid and said hello and asked me what my name was."

(24th August 2001, The Mirror - Interview on feelings about supporting U2 during Elevation Tour)

Michael Ziifle, football player

Q: If you had to pick three people, past or present, to have a meal with, who would they be?

A: I would probably pick Bono, from U2, and probably William Wallace from Braveheart. I'd like to have those two over for dinner. U2 has always been my favorite band, and U2 does a lot of work with Special Olympics. With my brother having Down's Syndrome and being in Special Olympics, they've always been huge contributors. I love them that way, and I love their music. I think he's an interesting guy, and I'd love to talk with him for five minutes. Then, I'd like to meet William Wallace. I know my parents went to Scotland to see the whole shrine. What was in the movie was pretty true. Someone with that much courage and fight in his life, I'd talk with him for five minutes and get as much information as I could from him.

(Birmingham Post-Herald, 17th September 2002)

Inna Zobova, model

The Russian vowed to return to Ireland for a holiday. She said: "I'd love to come back to discover the country. It is very beautiful and I'm a big U2 fan also."

(9th August 2002, The Mirror)

Lee Evans, comedian

"U2 are my number one band - they have such b*****ks and such passion for what they do, which makes such a difference, especially in today's environment of Pop Idol and all that crap. A bit of passion goes such a long way with me and I'd seen U2 play live in Milton Keynes years and years ago. So because I was here filming Highbinders during the summer, I was desperate to get to one of the Slane dates. It was about a week after Bono's father had died and I have to say I cried during the show about four times. I know that's a mad thing to say but when you see someone on stage who's got so much anger and passion, it just moves you."

Lee Evans :bow:

Dennis Hopper is a U2 fan too!

Galeongirl said:

Phonecall with PaulMcGuinness, Edge and last but not least, a drunk Bono! :giggle: he sounds so cute!
with Irish radio tho...
Bono explains why Ali wasn't there.. Paul tells about the PCD :)

http://s56.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=09DM3FOBL5XVV3ILI1WHIE3QQ1
don't forget to remove the space! :wave:

Thanks! :up: I'm listening to it right now. :laugh:

Galeongirl said:
U2 like them aswell, they were partying with them after the grammy's :)

I saw that t shirt too. I'm sure Bono was happy to party with them, he always manages to find the most beautiful women around. The dolls are not my fav girls nor is the music.:madspit:

JCOSTER said:

Great interview and even semi drunk he cans still speak great (and make me melt). He didn't seem to bad off.:huh:

well his first words were the worst tho, at first I couldn't even make out what he was saying! :giggle:

Dahlia said:

You can imagine how hard it was for me to understand even a single word! :ohmy: He's not a fan of speaking clear, I guess, but I understood him anyway :)

To get Bono when he is buzzed......one can only dream....except no red wine!!!!

haha i've heard that story, someone gave him red wine in new orleans then found him sleeping on the bathroom floor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom