President Hewson??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofnattic

The Fly
Having read the fantastic article in TIME, I got an impression that Bono's really feeling gratified by his political work as-of-late. Does anyone think he'll run for political office when / if he retires?

Nope. He's said he won't...Also, all kidding aside, I think political office is super difficult. Our Bono has been known to do things like call the President of France a "wanker" I know he does a lot of political things right now, but he's a rock star, and he's (he admits this) incredibly spoiled. Politician=public servant. I don't think he will.

Well, I hadn't read that. Where'd he say it?

We'll see....I mean, rockstar Bill Clinton said he'd never run for President while he was Governor of my homestate, too.

I for one don't think Bono, even if he did want to run for some political office, shouldn't. I mean think about it, he'd have to change and be a more conservative and...well...boring! He just wouldn't be the same Bono no matter how hard he would try to stay the same.

------------------
I have to tell you,
I don't like doing intimate concerts.
I have very sensitive nasal glands and being that close to so many armpits is absolutely terrifying. I'd rather play a stadium any day.
~ Bono

Back
Top Bottom