Prayers needed... For BonosBaby12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoney said:
Shannon :hug:

So sorry to her about your dad, my sympathies to you and all your family.

If you need to talk or any support you know us girls are always here for you :hug::hug:

Thank you Wild I honestly appreciate it :hug: Consider myself a strong person. However I must admit I am finding that I really need all of the support that I can get right now.

Earlier today we went to make the funeral arrangements. That is something that I hope to NEVER have to do again for many years to come! Held up ok while we were at the home going over details. By the time I got back home it just all hit me hard :(. Feeling better now which seems to be a norm for me. I go through periods of time where I feel like all I can do is cry. Other times I find that I can laugh and enjoy the company of those around.

Tomorrow night Mike is flying in from Chicago to be with me for the funeral. My friend Aric has also promised to be there which I am so grateful for. I know I am not able to make it through that time on my own. My family is great but as a sweet friend told me sometimes you need an "outsider" around. Thank you Mia never were truer words spoken :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:'s thank you to each and everyone of my wonderful special girls

:hug: Oh Shannon I wish I was there to give you a real hug. :hug:
Like YDW says, one day at a time. Break it down to one minute or one hour at a time if you need to. Grief is such an incredible unpredictable rollercoaster. Ride with it and go with your emotions. We are here for you.... :hug:

You can never have too many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

And you mentioned your dad passing shortly after you arrived. Though you say he was non-responsive, I'm sure he knew you were there. I really believe that, especially after reading that book I recommended to you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

gluey said:
:hug: Oh Shannon I wish I was there to give you a real hug. :hug:
Like YDW says, one day at a time. Break it down to one minute or one hour at a time if you need to. Grief is such an incredible unpredictable rollercoaster. Ride with it and go with your emotions. We are here for you.... :hug:

Hug's on here are just as great but thank you :hug: :)

You are so right about grief being a rollercoaster. One minute you are feeling good the next you are hurtling on a downward spiral. At the moment Im not really sleeping much. Takes some time to fall asleep at night than Im up bright and early the next morning.

Lila I truly believe you are right that my dad knew I was there. A family friend told my mom yesterday that my dad was waiting. Im happy that we could be there when he really needed us the most. My dad and I had some pretty rocky times. We overcame those times these past months though. It's comforting that we ended our time together on good terms.

Ever since my dad's passing I have seen deer everywhere. He was an avid deer hunter though as the family joke goes he never got a deer himself! lol. Really enjoyed sitting outside though and just watching for them. Yesterday morning just as daylight was breaking I saw 2 standing peacefully in the field. May sound strange but I took it as a sign from him. In his own way I believe my dad was letting me know that he's at peace now.

The viewing is tomorrow night and then the funeral is Wednesday afternoon. Leaving tonight though to meet my bf at the airport when he arrives. My oldest brother is due in from Wisconsin at about 11pm and his wife is arriving tomorrow. Over the next few days I will try to stop in here. Really do comfort from all of your sweet words and encouragement. Thank you...... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:wave: Hi Shannon.

I had this in an em and I thought of you.

If I could catch a rainbow I would do it just for you
>> and share with you its beauty on the days you're feeling
>> blue.
>> If I could build a mountain you could call your very own;
>> a place to find serenity,a place to be alone.
>> If I could take your troubles I would toss them in the sea,
>> but all these things I'm finding are impossible for me.
>> I cannot build a mountain or catch a rainbow fair,
>> but let me be what I know best, a friend who's always there.

I hope that you're coping ok today.
:hug:

youvedonewhat said:
:wave: Hi Shannon.

I had this in an em and I thought of you.

If I could catch a rainbow I would do it just for you
>> and share with you its beauty on the days you're feeling
>> blue.
>> If I could build a mountain you could call your very own;
>> a place to find serenity,a place to be alone.
>> If I could take your troubles I would toss them in the sea,
>> but all these things I'm finding are impossible for me.
>> I cannot build a mountain or catch a rainbow fair,
>> but let me be what I know best, a friend who's always there.

I hope that you're coping ok today.

That's such a beautiful poem :hug:

Shannon, I'm thinking of you... We're all thinking of you :hug: Stay strong :heart:

I think the deer was a sign too Shannon. :hug:
At my Uncle's funeral, my Aunt said she saw a rainbow, and was sure it was him :hug: I wish I had seen it as well.

:hug: I firmly believe too, that the deer is a sign. Ever since my dear father in law passed away, rainbows have appeared at the most appropriate and needed times.....my eldest (who was 5 when he died) said that a rainbow appears whenever Poppa sends his love to us. That has got us through a lot, and now all the family take great comfort in seeing one.

Shannon--

I just read the news. I'm so sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug:

You sound incredibly strong and grounded. I know that there's not much else I can say, but just know I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Sending you the best that a :hug: has to offer.

YDW that was a very beautiful poem,thank you so much :hug:

Thank you everyone for the support and :hug:'s! Today went better than I thought it would. Did have a really tough moment when I first saw my dad laying in his casket. Had gone early with my mom and my bf Mike before the actual viewing started. This was to verify that everything was done correctly. Well I started walking towards the casket and I had to turn around and leave the room. Mike being the sweetheart that he is followed me and held me as I cried. Was such an incredible shock to see my dad like that :sad: Did manage to go back in a few minutes later and it was easier then. Helped me through the actual viewing too as I had time to prepare myself.

I saw so many that I haven't seen in a long time such as cousins,old neighbors and my friend Martez from high school. Was very touched to see just many cared for my dad. He really was a good man....

Thank you so much Fitz :hug: :hug: My mom has so much to deal with that I thought that being strong will help her out in some way. She's an incredible woman who has taught me so much about life.

I saw more deer today and it made me smile :). My dad may be gone from here but he's everywhere I turn around.

Thank you for the sweet thoughts during this really difficult time. I wish I had a way of thanking each and everyone of you in the way that you deserved to be thanked :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: You don't need to thank anyone....I know that if any of us were in need, you'd be the first to support us :hug:

Shannon :hug: I'm thinking of you and your family and praying for you too.

That's so wonderful that you've been seeing deer - I definitely believe it's a sign too.

It's amazing how you get gifts like that after a loved one passes - almost like they're letting you know that they're still with you, and that they're okay.

I've experienced those kinds of signs before, and they're so encouraging. I hope you continue to sense your dad's presence with you.

Praying for you that tomorrow will be a wonderful time of remembering your Dad. I'm sure it will be hard, but you have my prayers and obviously so many others as well.

Love you muchly! :hug:

I love you guy's I really do :hug: Gluey you are right I would be there to support anyone of you instantly!

The funeral service was a very beautiful one. So many turned out to remember my dad. Was filled with my dad's favorite songs and reflections that my siblings wrote. I tried to find the right words but I wasn't able to :(. A fellow firefighter who happens to be a family friend performed the eulogy. Was so touching and very loving. My family and I were more than pleased with what was said.

As we lined up for the funeral procession I watched the firetruck come out that had my dad's casket on top. Just sat in the car and cried thinking that the tears would never end. Before we pulled out of the parking lot they sounded the fire alarm one last time for my dad. To say that tore at my heart is putting it mildly. As we pulled into the street we saw fireman standing on each side saluting. Amongst them was firegear that had been laid out in front of them.

When we reached the cemetery someone was waiting there to play the bagpipes. As the pallbearer's,my 4 brothers and 2 family friends,carried the casket the bagpipes played. Slowly we made our way to the site and the final part of the service began. Near the end they played "Taps" as my dad had been in the Army when he was younger. After the same gentleman with the bagpipes played "Amazing Grace" to end it all. As he played he walked away slowly so that the music began to fade. By that time the tears were flowing nonstop. More so than when my mom was presented with the flag that had covered my father's casket. May be hard to believe but I feel that today is harder than yesterday. Never thought it could become more painful than what we have already been through.

My dad's side of the family and friend's have been so wonderful with offering support. Keep telling us that if we need anything at all then to let them know. Some have brought food around so that we wouldn't have to worry about that right now.

I have discovered so much good in this world throughout it all. This site has introduced me to some of the greatest friend's that one could ever ask for. Tougher times are still to come but yet I know that I have so many shoulders to lean upon,thank you :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Shannon, it sounds like it was a beautiful send of for a very special man. Focus on you and your family, and let those who love you take care of you during this time. :hug:

MsPurrl said:
It is indeed rough stuff, Shannon,one of the most difficult things we have to do. Just know that everyone here is hugging you when you need it! :hug: :hug:

:up:

:hug: :hug:

Again, my impression of you is that you are INCREDIBLY strong and loving. And I'm sure that strength and love carries through to your family. They are lucky to have you.

We, at Inteference, are lucky to have you.

I'm thinking of you and wishing you and your family the best in this time of grief.

It sounds like your dad had a wonderful send off (if there can be such a thing). I can appreciate how you felt when they sounded the fire alarm. My brother in law passed away last year. He was a taxi driver and someone brought his cab up to the funeral place and wrote his calling name on the windscreen and signed it 'over and out for the last time'. It was heart rending. He was 48. A nice guy. Sadly missed.

Back
Top Bottom