Prayers needed... For BonosBaby12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone :hug: :hug: :hug: Throughout it all I have always found so much love and comfort from all of you.

In a little bit Im going to the hospital with my mom to meet with someone from hospice. Throughout my dad's illness I have been helping my mom to care for him. Want to be there for this particular discussion.

There is a possibility that my oldest brother in Wisconsin might fly back home. Said he will have to think it over as originally he hadn't planned on this at all. He had wanted to remember our dad the way he was the last time he saw him. Hopefully he does make the trip back home.

Awwwwwwww thank you! :hug: :hug: :hug: :)

I really hope he comes home too. Believe this is the time for all of the family to be together. Donnie is the only one who doesn't live around here. We haven't heard anything from yet but keeping my fingers crossed that news comes soon from him!

Today my mom and I met with the lady from hospice who will place my dad into the system. Have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow morning to meet with the hospice nurse. She will talk to my dad's doctor and the hospital staff. Then after that a plan will be set into motion with where to go with it all. My dad seems ok with everything so far. All he asked is if he can come home. If by some miracle they can get that oxygen level down than we can have him here. Until then he will have to remain in the hospital :(.

The good news is that my dad's medical insurance will cover his hospice care. If for some reason they don't pay for some of the care than we will not be billed for the rest. Hospice is a non profit orgnization so they never charge the patient's families. That's a HUGE relief since we can't afford to put out a lot money for health care.

Aw, BB12, I just went through this six months ago. I have to say, the Hospice people are great. They took excellent care of my Dad and us.

Lots of love and I'm trying to send you and your family strength, too.

Bless....
:hug:

P.S. Please feel free to PM me or E-mail me. I really do know how hard this is.

:hug: again

P.S. My dad always loved tapioca pudding, like your dad and his ice cream! When I came home to be with him, he told my mom, "Let Sue make it!" :D I think it was because I always went heavy on the sugar!

Good dads...they're hard to beat!

:hug: :hug:
I'm glad you won't have to worry about financial things on top of everything else - it's the last thing you need. And I do hope your brother decides to come home, and that your father will be able to go home too.

Sending good vibes your way! :hug:

Bono Mot said:
Aw, BB12, I just went through this six months ago. I have to say, the Hospice people are great. They took excellent care of my Dad and us.

The ones that I have encountered from hospice so far I really like :). Met the nurse earlier today and she was so sweet and truly caring. Those damn nurses in the hospital could learn a few things from someone like this :angry: But there were a couple of discrepancies on my father's medical chart and Susan took care of that right away. Discussed too what medicines and other routine work that should be stopped. Was decided that no longer will they draw blood and my dad's vitals are only to be taken in the morning. Said it's ridiculous to keep waking him up at all hours for that. Really feeling quite good about hospice being involved :yes: The plan is that a nurse will come in each day. However we found out that as long as my dad is in the hospital than hospice will only be involved temporarily. Not sure what happens once their time is up and if my dad is not able to make it home yet.

On a very good note my dad ate half of a muffin this morning! :happy: Had some juice with it also which is a big relief. My mom has promised him a milkshake tomorrow and he actually smiled when she mentioned it. He hasn't requested one in over a week. Btw Bono mot I see your dad had quite the sweet tooth too :giggle: If it takes a sweet treat to make them happy than Im all for it! Oh and thank you for the offer to PM you :hug: :)

Before I forget my oldest brother called today. There is a chance that he will be coming home around the 4th of July with his wife. Had to purchase the plane tickets today if they were going to go ahead with coming home. My brother has a lot of trials next month but around that time he's free. Hopefully we will hear by the weekend that he's coming home.

I honestly don't know how anyone can survive without health insurance. The bills that I have seen are like WOW! :shocked: If we were able to put my dad into a nursing home than that would be $5,000 a month out of the pocket. Thankfully that is not an option so we are covered with care.

In case I never say this enough: Thank you for everything from the very bottom of my heart! Your heart's are so big and full of love :heart: Truly have been such a great source of inspiration for me during the really rough times :hug: Know at times it seems like Im just ranting. Yet all of you are so sweet to let me get it out and that is greatly appreciated.

:hug: Shannon, the best thing you can do for yourself is what you're already doing....letting it all out no matter what the emotion is. Real friends, like you are surrounded by here, understand the rants, the sadness, the happiness etc and will stand by you as you work through it all.

The hospice people sound exactly like what you are all needing. Lets hope that now you have them, you get to keep them while you go through everything.

BonosBaby12 said:

The ones that I have encountered from hospice so far I really like :).

I loved our Hospice nurses. That's an organization I'll always donate money to. The women who took care of my dad were spectacular. And they not only cared for him, as I said, they cared for *us.* Truly great people!

Wow, a muffin and a milkshake! I'm praying for you in my own special way. (I'm not very churchy! ha!)

Bless!
:pray:

:hug:B12

i knew you had lots of other plebans taking care ofyou.....so I just caguht up on last 2 months or so.

Beleive me, i've been worring about, and later on activelty involved in different ways with both my parents serious condtions and ilnesses.....since i was 5 yrs old.
It was mom first, she finally started getting much better[ me about 17]. then my dad started having major problems. about 1yr ago....they BOTH started having even more!
But they're both still around.:love:

So that's why I sometimes have to stay away from medical stuff.

And I'd just say while try to prep youselves as much as possible both practical stuff needed, and emotionally.......
......still don't completely shut the door on a miriacle either. :hug:

my best to you all :hug:S

Sorry about your loss, Shannon. You'll be feeling pretty grim just now. There's nothing anyone can do or say that will change the way you feel. You just got to take one day at a time.

One day you'll be able to think of him without crying. That seems like a long way off right now and it is but beleive me, it will come.

And take heart that your dad knew he was loved and cared for and had his family around him.

We're all with you Shannon. Come back when you can and if it helps write it all down here and we'll read it and get back to you and hopefully help you. We might even make you laugh... :)

D

Shannon, I just heard this... I've left you a message.

I'm sending the most energy and strength I can possibly send to you and your family right now.

Take care of yourself, okay? Take your time, for everything, and don't be sorry or afraid to cry whenever you want to... :hug:

Mia thank you for putting up the post for me I really appreciate it :hug:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Needless to say it's a pretty rough time for everyone right now. We received the call yesterday morning that the doctor felt it was coming soon. Said she honestly believed my dad was ready to go. Never though did we expect it to be that same day. On the way to the hospital my youngest sister called and said that we needed to get there right away. About 15 minutes after I arrived my dad passed away :(. He was nonresponsive so he was never aware that we were there. We did let him know about our presence anyway which I thought would be of some comfort to him.

Even today I still can't believe that he's really gone. At the moment I feel very calm. Felt very surreal though waking up this morning to a beautiful summer day. How can it be so beautiful when you feel as though your world has come crashing down?

I appreciate all of the support that I was provided with during my father's illness. Greatly appreciate the offers of support that continue to come in. Knowing that I have so many standing by my side during this difficult time means so much. Thank you everyone :hug: :hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom