Prayers for my brother needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
Thank you guys all so much! I did get some good news this morning. He has woken up finally. He is rather pissed off though and refusing treatment of any kind. So legally they have to release him this afternoon. I think it sucks that he won't let them help him, but there is nothing we can do till he is ready to admit he has a drug problem.
Russty, hi i am a recovering Alcoholic and drug addict. I have been sober for almost 4 years and yes I tried to take my life a few times. I also take medication. I can understand his pain and the anger. Alcoholics are really difficult to understand and when taking psych meds and using at the same time, doesn't let the medication to work and it makes us do crazy things we wouldn't do sober. I want to give my email ultraswt67@aol.com hopefully i can be of some help and god bless that your brother is alive.

I know I'm new here, but my heart and prayers go out to you, Russty Cat.
I hope things get better for you, and your family.

I truly understand.
What a difficult and not-so-proud life I have lead because alcoholism/drug addiction/mental illness/tragic death/depression/divorce/lack of Christianity/domestic violence/instability/Native American ethnicity raced throughout both of my family trees.
And such a tragedy that I face all these problems myself.
My uncle, who lived in LA, was a heroin addict. He also was a schizophrenic. Or was said to be, I don't know, it was a rumour. But he died in the early 90's of AIDS.
I myself battle an addiction to painkillers and alcohol.
A drug is a drug is a drug is a drug.
All I can say, is that I hope no one wants to give up on me. Even though often times I want to give up on me.
I'm sure your brother feels the same way. I'm sure there are millions out there that feel the same way.
Don't laugh and point, because, sure enough, either that will be you, or someone you will care about.
I have not tried committing suicide, or never shall I caricature the person who has, or judge them, but I have had thoughts, which is common. But a person who has had those thoughts and tried, well, they should get serious help. Manic-depressive, bi-polar, and depression, etc are totally different things and should not be mistaken for one another.
My step-father was dealt as a depression case, not a bi-polar case and therefore, results were opposite of the intention. Be sure of what your psychologist/psychotherapist says. If they want to medicate right away without probing deep into family history, write them off.
Well I can't go more into it on this forum. But I do have seriously more insight.

Maybe he SHOULD get in contact with both mysticchild and I and form a support group.
And you as well, we all suffer and learn and heal together.

Xtal thank you for such a great and brave post. Its been a hard few weeks, but I've realized alot about myself and him as well. I spoke to my mother today and she said something that I think I never wanted to think about. "Your brother is the other half of you. You are his mirror image. You have to learn to accept what he is doing and still love him. All the things you hate are the things that you have always hated about yourself." This is so damn true its scary. I am a dry alcoholic. I have been sober for about 10 years now. But I can remember when I was at my worst and it makes my brother look like a walk in the park.

I have continued to pray for him, cry for him, and hope for him. But I have not given up on him. He finally admitted to my mom this week that he has a problem and that Meth is his current drug of choice. I'm hoping now that he will realize that the continued Meth use is just hurting his life in the long run. My mother and father are doing the best they can for him right now, so hopefully one day this will all be just a bad memory.

xtal said:
I truly understand.
What a difficult and not-so-proud life I have lead because alcoholism/drug addiction/mental illness/tragic death/depression/divorce/lack of Christianity/domestic violence/instability/Native American ethnicity raced throughout both of my family trees.
And such a tragedy that I face all these problems myself.
My uncle, who lived in LA, was a heroin addict. He also was a schizophrenic. Or was said to be, I don't know, it was a rumour. But he died in the early 90's of AIDS.
I myself battle an addiction to painkillers and alcohol.
A drug is a drug is a drug is a drug.
All I can say, is that I hope no one wants to give up on me. Even though often times I want to give up on me.
I'm sure your brother feels the same way. I'm sure there are millions out there that feel the same way.
Don't laugh and point, because, sure enough, either that will be you, or someone you will care about.
I have not tried committing suicide, or never shall I caricature the person who has, or judge them, but I have had thoughts, which is common. But a person who has had those thoughts and tried, well, they should get serious help. Manic-depressive, bi-polar, and depression, etc are totally different things and should not be mistaken for one another.
My step-father was dealt as a depression case, not a bi-polar case and therefore, results were opposite of the intention. Be sure of what your psychologist/psychotherapist says. If they want to medicate right away without probing deep into family history, write them off.
Well I can't go more into it on this forum. But I do have seriously more insight.

Maybe he SHOULD get in contact with both mysticchild and I and form a support group.
And you as well, we all suffer and learn and heal together.
Hi there, I tried to pm you but you weren't allowing them. I wanted to say thank you for your thread. I would like to chat here is my email if you are interested ultraswt67@aol.com

I have a form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome. I've been diagnosed every damn thing on the planet, first a schizophrenic, then depression/anxiety disorder, then personality disorder, then Asperger's Syndrome. I know what it's like to be crippled with depression, guilt, anxiety, etc, etc. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom