Prayers for my brother and updated info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I thought it would be easier to post this here so I don't bring the more fun threads down with it all.

For those who haven't heard my family could really use your prayers. Over the weekend my brother over dosed on drugs and is now in a coma. They have him on a respirator to help him breathe. And as of this afternoon the doctors said that we just have to wait and see if he will wake up and be able to function on his own. He was without oxygen for a very long time so he might not have normal brain function anymore. This afternoon when the nurse tried to wash his face and moisten his lips he moved his head, but the doctors said it could just be a reflex.

Please be praying for my parents too. THey are really struggling with this all as they will have to make decisions for him in the next few days if he doesn't wake up or respond to things.

THank you all who have been praying and have been so supportive. It means a lot. :heart:

Russty, I've kind of been where you're at. It's so hard. :hug: Sending good vibes your way :)

Things have been going very well for me lately.
Sure wish I could send some of it your (family's) way, Russty Cat!
My thoughts are with you.

Im so sorry Russty :hug: Your parents and brother are in my constant thoughts and prayers :hug: My best friend's brother was in a position like this not long ago. Thankfully he was able to pull out of it. I really hope that your brother is as fortunate.

THank you all so much. So far there isn't a change with him. But my family and I appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts. :hug: Its hard feeling like there is nothing I can do, but having your support makes it a bit easier. :heart:

I finally have some good news! I just got a call and he is awake! He knows who he is, but he doesn't remember what happened. He is still a bit confused, but he recognized my mom and asked when he could go home. :lol: I knew when he woke up he would probably be really pissed and want to go home. He hates hospitals. :lol: I'm so glad that he is awake and seems to be aware. My mom didn't know what the next steps would be, but at least for now he seems to be out of the woods. He could still have some long term issues, but for now he seems to at least have his long term memory.

Back
Top Bottom