Poverty Eight in Rostock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vincent Vega

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
It's said that this is the official timeplan for the "Poverty Eight" concert in Rostock on June 7.
I don't know whether it's really the official one, but I guess it is. :) I'm a believer. ;)

14:35 Seeed
14:57 Bangla
15:20 Beatsteaks
15:32 Michael Mittermeier
15:48 Perrozompopo
16:05 Nora Tschirner (Moderation)
16:12 2raumwohnung
16:27 Peter Miles
16:45 Sportfreunde Stiller
17:08 Mo'some Big Noise
17:29 Anke Engelke (Moderation)
17:32 Silbermond
17:57 Leo Muntu
18:18 Die Fantastischen 4
18:33 Bob Geldof (Moderation)
18:36 Youssun D'our
18:47 Bono, Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie (Moderation)
18:53 Die Toten Hosen & Bob Geldof
19:08 Till Schweiger (Moderation)
19:10 Bassekou Kouyate
19:28 Herbert Grönemeyer
19:38 Bono (U2)
19:43 Moderation Herbert Grönemeyer & Angela Merkel

As you might know there is a thread over in Everything You Know Is Wrong about the Sea Side radio on which waynetravis's father is doing a three hours country show twice a week, and the rest 30 minutes is dedicated to "country U2" and a shout out to fellow interferencers. He also did a Bono birthday special on May 10, and we are planning on doing a CD for Bono with this show, a nice video, the Bono Song, by Mia, and maybe some other stuff you will come up with.
I'll also print a picture in hope that Bono might sign it and then send it to Wayne so that his father could hang it up at the radio station. We've decided n that picture:
Bonobrooklyngretschcowboy.jpg

Maybe someone has a larger version of this? I could print up to DinA4 (or ISO216)

I've also suggested that everyone who wants writes something he or she wants to let Bono know so I could put it into a text file that will be on the CD. Everything you have in mind.

I'm leaving for Rostock on Tuesday, so need to get the texts until 10.30am central european time, after that I won't be able to do it anymore.

There is no guarantee that the CD will reach Bono, but I'll try as good as I can.

For the front I would need a nice cover for the jewel case, but only the front because the back of the case is black.

That's it from my part. Any suggestions welcome, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for all your sincere efforts in promoting awareness of what has been happening in Germany regarding the P8 concert, V V. :dancing:

Thanks for doing the CD for Bono - I wish you well in getting it to him.

Does anybody know if the concert will be broadcasted on the web and/or on German TV/radio where we might be able to tune into it?

I hope there is. :hyper:

I'll write Ayaz a mail. Thank you, Galeongirl.

I don't know about any broadcasting, so far. I'll take a look.

I hope there will be a longer segment with Bono, and that he'll sing. Let's see.

Thank you VV, but I don't think that this is the definite timetable, I don't believe all these people are getting only five minutes. With Bono, it will more likely be five hours! :lol:

But

18:47 Bono, Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie (Moderation)

sounds really cool. Wasn't expecting this.

Since most of the named people will be performing as well, I doubt that this schedule will work in any way.

VV, I wish you much luck with the CD. I'll write a little text for your text file over in the other forum in the SeaSideUK thread.

Good luck for your journey. I am leaving on Wednesday morning. In the meantime I have found a bunch of people I am going to join.

We are all excited and a little nervous at the same time. I keep my fingers crossed for a PEACEFUL day of protests.

Latest news: Bono brings Edge to the concert! I hope it's true!

The show will be broadcast live on aol.de and also shown on German Television (ARD).

Yesterday, Bono was on a German TV talkshow to discuss the G8 and also the violent protests from last saturday. He wasn't there in person but spoke via sattelite from Morrocco.

last unicorn said:
Latest news: Bono brings Edge to the concert! I hope it's true!

The show will be broadcast live on aol.de and also shown on German Television (ARD).

Yesterday, Bono was on a German TV talkshow to discuss the G8 and also the violent protests from last saturday. He wasn't there in person but spoke via sattelite from Morrocco.

thanks, last unicorn, for the info on the live transmission of the P8 concert!!

What German talkshow was Bono on yesterday? Maybe there's weblink where those of us who didn't see it can still view it.:yes:

Thanks to both of you, last unicorn and V V, for keeping us all up to date on the P8 concert and the activities surrounding the G8 summit. :up:

I haven't seen the show yesterday because I don't have German Television, but I have seen it scheduled on the station's official website ard.de

The talkshow is called "Sabine Christiansen", there were other guests as well, one of them last year's Nobel Peace Prize winner Mohammed Yunus. Bono was there via satellite. They also discussed the latest violent protests surrounding the G8 summit. Bono said something about understanding people's anger, but they should "use their voices, not their fists".

But as I said, I haven't seen it, nor have I seen any pictures or videos from it, I only have some information from newspapers about it.

That info is much appreciated, last unicorn. :wink:

It gives us something with which to do a Bono search on ard.de.

Thank you for your concern for the world's poorest people. :bonodrum: :hug:

By the way: For everyone who wants to leave a text message for Bono - it's in the SeaSideUK - Bono dedication thread in EYKIW. But be quick!

Thanks to Vincent for offering to include our messages in the CD and good luck with your mission of getting it to the B-man!

last unicorn said:
I haven't seen the show yesterday because I don't have German Television, but I have seen it scheduled on the station's official website ard.de

The talkshow is called "Sabine Christiansen", there were other guests as well, one of them last year's Nobel Peace Prize winner Mohammed Yunus. Bono was there via satellite. They also discussed the latest violent protests surrounding the G8 summit. Bono said something about understanding people's anger, but they should "use their voices, not their fists".

But as I said, I haven't seen it, nor have I seen any pictures or videos from it, I only have some information from newspapers about it.

Thanks for the info about the show! If anyone is able to download torrents it's now available on U2torrents:-

http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=3092

:wink:

Hi

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to attend the concert. My father has passed away today and I'll go home.

I'm sorry for that.

Oh my God, Vincent, this is such a shock, I am so sad to hear this and so sorry for you.
I include you and your family in my prayers.
Thank you for all your efforts. Stay strong and take care.
:hug: :hug:

Thank you all. I appreciate it very much.

I'm so happy to have all this comfort of so many people. :hug:

Vincent Vega - :pray:

This is the second U2 fan/follower who has lost their father today.

Someone very close to all our hearts - Regina O'Numb's father passed away this morning too. :sad:

It's in her Edge's Blog for today.

Regina is a TRUE friend to all of us and to Music Rising and she also deserves our thoughts and our prayers right now.

Regina - :hug: :up:

:hug: Vincent and Regina. :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. My Mother passed on three weeks ago, nearly four, so I can relate. It's not an easy thing. :sad:

You're both in my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom