Poverty Eight in Rostock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: My heart goes out to you, Vincent, Regina & Edgette. Take strength from the love of those around you.

Edgette said:
:hug: Vincent and Regina. :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. My Mother passed on three weeks ago, nearly four, so I can relate. It's not an easy thing. :sad:

You're both in my thoughts.

Ohhh I'm sorry. Theres a lot of comfort here for you.

To Vincent, Regina and Edgette,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and yours.

Val

I am so sorry for all of you. Sometimes joy and tears are so close together. Sorry to hear about all your losses.

For those interested in the Bono bit on ARD recently, here is a You Tube link, Bono from Marocco, very serious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRh_wu7W8wU

I am leaving tomorrow for Hamburg, then Rostock. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful experience!

last unicorn said:
I am so sorry for all of you. Sometimes joy and tears are so close together. Sorry to hear about all your losses.

For those interested in the Bono bit on ARD recently, here is a You Tube link, Bono from Marocco, very serious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRh_wu7W8wU

I am leaving tomorrow for Hamburg, then Rostock. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful experience!

last unicorn - :hi5:

Edgette, Vincent, and Regina, I'm so sad to hear about your parents. We're all thinking about you. It's really hard to lose a mother or a father. My dad passed away when I was 14 so I am feeling your loss, too.

I listened to the ARD clip -- essentially Sabine, the interviewer, asked him about the violence over the weekend (he says he doesn't know about it, so he can't talk about it. But later on, he says he understands the passion of the protestors.) He's asked about corruption in Africa, and says he and DATA are demanding more transparency. He also talks about meeting with Merkel on Wednesday and how he's going to bring up the subject of what Germany can do in Africa. He gives Sabine very warm thanks at the end, more than usual for an interview like this.

Bono's very serious in that interview, much more than usual. He didn't say that he did not know about the violence, he said that he and "the movement" are distancing themselves very clearly from the violence and that he urges people to "use their voice, not their fists". He also said that violent bahaviour throws a bad light on the whole movement, that the majority of people are peaceful. He said the "most disgusting thing" to him is letting the poor people down by breaking promises. The end was very emotional, he said he'd rather be in rehearsal room, making music with his band, but he has to do the campaigning, and he will give everything he can to this cause.

silvrlvr said:
I listened to the ARD clip -- essentially Sabine, the interviewer, asked him about the violence over the weekend (he says he doesn't know about it, so he can't talk about it. But later on, he says he understands the passion of the protestors.) He's asked about corruption in Africa, and says he and DATA are demanding more transparency. He also talks about meeting with Merkel on Wednesday and how he's going to bring up the subject of what Germany can do in Africa. He gives Sabine very warm thanks at the end, more than usual for an interview like this.

He probably knew about the protestors but not about the fighting because of it.

His surrounding are really gorgeous. I love the Moroccan style.

To regina, edgette and vincent!:sad:

:hug: I am so so sorry to hear of your losses. But you have all of our support at this time and always will.

Much much prayers go out to you and your families!!

I sent Regina an ecard to remember her at this time of loss for her and her family and she was very thankful to those who love U2 for all their support at this very difficult time for them. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom