Posting pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I just saw another newbie ask how to post pics. When I was a newbie there was a thread that showed me how so I want to do the same for someone else. Seems like I read in some other thread that a girl said she didn't have the "right hardware" to post pics. Well honey no hardware is needed other than a computer. I have also seem people say they didn't have a scanner. No scanner needed unless it's your own pic or one from your own book you want to show us. This is all you do!

You find a pic on a website or a webpage. Click to enlarge. No thumbnails or they will post small. NO Geocities Tripod Angelfire XOOM if the image is hosted by one of those it will not post here but only be a red x. Some say they can see it, but that is just because it's in your browser and no one else can and when you leave and come back it will have turned to a red x. They do not want their pics linked to message boards because it uses up bandwidth limit, as you can see if you frequently visit u2images.com.

After you have your pic, right click on it. When PROPERTIES comes up, click it. When the URL shows up, highlight it with your mouse. Make sure you get it all. Copy it.

Paste it on this reply screen with the tags

after it skipping no spaces.

The pic should post.

No pics can be posted from your hard drive. They must be uploaded to a website or a webpage or a photo hosting site. This is what we know now:

Webshots will not let you post here anymore. They will also delete your pics if they find out they are copyrighted, which most pics are.

Dotphoto will let you post, but then delete your pic so it will become a red x once you link it here.

Nikkonet will change the addy so it will disappear.

imageevent wants you to pay to get it to post.

monkeyview will spoil your pics with their logo
www.snapfish.com is reliable, but it shrinks pics.

msn is good and will let you post, but it is quirky and some pics refuse to post. Still they will post here and are a good source. If you have your own community you will get 30MB storage (around 1000 pics.) Other MSN storages get much less, but you can still store about 150 pics.

Yahoo! used to not let you post, but recently they have changed. They will let you store pics in your photo album and post them. You can also start a yahoogroup. Either the briefcase or the group allow 30MB storage. So far so good on this.

Some good pic sites:

www.u2images.com

http://u2now.cjb.net

U2Takemehigher

Interference is in the process of creating a very large online image gallery, but it's not up yet. Many PLEBA girls have donated pics from our collections and when this is finished it will kick major butt. There are over 3000 pics in it now. I can't wait to see the finished product!

We can make this a trial and error and question and answer thread for newbies and new pic posters. I'm sure all the girls will be very helpful. We can never have too many pics.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 04-18-2002).]

Wow! Those instructions should go in the PLEBA annals! Those are fantastic!

Thanks Desire
smile.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I hope we can help get some people posting Hippy!
smile.gif

Woohoo! Come on people! You know you want your post count to balloon like mine has! POST!!!!

And just so this thread is not devoid of pics...some examples for everyone of what we all like to see on this board
wink.gif

333%3C399523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D3232388967%3B68nu0mrj

333%3C399523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D3232388967778nu0mrj

333%3C399523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D3232388969%3A53nu0mrj

333%3C399523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D32323893%3A6%3A85nu0mrj

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

OH and you forgot to mention Dazzle.com... they give you 10 m.b. and don't shrink, but you have to upload one at a time which is sehr annoying

haha, you guys just want to post hot pics, I know how you are!!
wink.gif

*looks around shiftily*

pop_adam_whiteguitar.jpg

*runs away*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Textile goodness!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

Originally posted by Kristie:
OH and you forgot to mention Dazzle.com... they give you 10 m.b. and don't shrink, but you have to upload one at a time which is sehr annoying

Thanks, I forgot that one.

One more thing about MSN is that it gives you a whole screen of your My Pictures when you upload and you can just put a check next to the ones you want and do tons at once. It will take longer and some don't come out so I'd say only check about 25-30 at a time. Still that's great and you don't have to keep bringing up the pics and going through the whole list again (assuming I am not the only one with a hard drive full of U2 pics?
wink.gif
)

Thank you thank you thank you for those wonderful instructions, Desire4Bono!!! I figured I'd read a book I have on MAC OS 9 (I have an iMAC) and would possibly find something on this topic. I feel like I'm so behind the times compared to a lot of you...I still have to learn how to do MP3s and capturing stills and things like that.

I'll have to see about getting a webpage up also. But this is for an EXCELLENT cause!!!

I'm still on deadline, and still haven't gotten much done!!! It's too hot to work, I'd rather read message boards and, you know how it is...! But I assure you all, I will try posting glorious pictures of Our Band as soon as I'm free of this assignment!

Thanks again!!!

Diane

Originally posted by Diane L:
Thank you thank you thank you for those wonderful instructions, Desire4Bono!!! I figured I'd read a book I have on MAC OS 9 (I have an iMAC) and would possibly find something on this topic. I feel like I'm so behind the times compared to a lot of you...I still have to learn how to do MP3s and capturing stills and things like that.

I'll have to see about getting a webpage up also. But this is for an EXCELLENT cause!!!

I'm still on deadline, and still haven't gotten much done!!! It's too hot to work, I'd rather read message boards and, you know how it is...! But I assure you all, I will try posting glorious pictures of Our Band as soon as I'm free of this assignment!

Thanks again!!!

Diane

Yikes! I know it's different for an imac, I hope you can still post. Good luck, I'm sure now you know what we do you'll find a way to 'translate it!' Good luck!
smile.gif

BTW I don't know how to do MP3's and stills, I wish I did! I'd love to make stills of the things I want to see that no one else made.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

The 'quirky' things about MSN:

If your pic has a % in its title, it will show up as a thumbnail but only be a white square and red x when enlarged, meaning it will not post. If your title is too long, or contains too many _ or - it will not post, but only show up as the name and the tags but not a pic or even a red x.

The solution? Delete the offending pics, rename them as something not too long without any %, _ or - in the title and reupload. You should be fine.

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

I wanted to say one more thing since I just saw it happen to somebody. Please make sure that the tags have brackets [ ] if you accidently hit { } it will not post. I have done this too.

I think the IMG has to be capitalized, doesn't it?

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I think the IMG has to be capitalized, doesn't it?

I think "QUOTE" is the only thing that has to be capitalized. Otherwise, I think they just have to be the same case.
i.e.
icon17.gif
doesn't work because one is capitalized and one is lower case, but
icon17.gif
does because both the "img" and "/img" are lower-cased.
Now watch that didn't work and I look like an idiot.
biggrin.gif

Edited because I was right...I am an idiot, and they both work - it capitalizes the "img" part for you...
and now I'm off to weep for my own stupidity...

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

[This message has been edited by Ultraviolet Light (edited 04-24-2002).]

Ssssspeaking of posting pics. I'm at 1699 posts right now, and I'm obviously gonna get 1700 with this post. I have a thing with posting weird random things* for my big "milestone" posts (yeah, pretty much it shows I have no life), so here we be:

Sibleyw.jpg

*yes ladies, I am aware that most of my posts are weird random things.

CB Adam: *whack*

Me:
mad.gif
frown.gif
THAT wasn't ambiguous!!

CB Adam: You thought it was funny, and it surely wasn't.

Me:
frown.gif
oh. *rubs arm* ow.

------------------
Official member of S.C.

Originally posted by U2sPrincess:

[confession]

I didn't know how to post pics for the first three months of my life here in Interland. On my computer, I had to push enter twice, then put a space btwn the left margin and where the first [ went.
[/confession]

------------------
Official member of S.C.

And just so this thread is not devoid of pics...some examples for everyone of what we all like to see on this board
wink.gif

Here's my two Cents contribution to this awesome post!

larry_19.jpg

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Back
Top Bottom