posting from Times Square I wish you all....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:wave:

Happy, Healthy, Safe, Fun & Prosperous New Year 2005!
:uhoh: I'm not actually staying [between 7th ave & 8th ave/42nd st], but it's a bit tempting because it's mild and the clouds seem to have been clearing out in late afternoon /have gone away...!

But hopefully i am meeting a friend returning back from holiday vacation tonight, and we will go see the Firewoks in Prospect Park [that's Brooklyn, y'all] If not l'll go by myself I love fireworks!

so if you chose to celebrate tonight have a great time!!!
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

:hug: to all of you who had lousy, tough years.....and prayers for the above for you all.

my year in general balanced towards betterness, with some wonderful, unexpected gifts & events & opportunities & fun!!!....
I have one really scary thing to do next year, that will be great if it works out well. ANd i've had to deal with one oftern very frustrating to very upsetting repeating occurance

but still balanced out on the good side thanks tto the powers & my hard work.

Last edited:
2004 was the Year From Hell for me, so I'm happy it's over. I'm not going to a party for various and sundry reasons, it'll be a quiet night for me.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Also, in regards to Times Square...I don't think "crowded" is a good enough word to describe those streets full of people right now. Holy crud...

Angela

i asked the cops when they thought they'd be closing off the street. See the Netcafe is on the south side of 42nd street, so it's
below the "object of intense interest"- the ball drop. Tha meant you could still walk across 42nd for a while longer.

I got there at around 4 PM and left about 6ish which is when the cops started to close off 42nd st.

dazzledbylight said:

i asked the cops when they thought they'd be closing off the street. See the Netcafe is on the south side of 42nd street, so it's
below the "object of intense interest"- the ball drop. Tha meant you could still walk across 42nd for a while longer.

I got there at around 4 PM and left about 6ish which is when the cops started to close off 42nd st.

A young relative of mine got invited to a party on the 30th floor of a building there by the father of a friend. They all had VIP passes and when the cops tried to stop them they showed the passes and they got to go walk down 42nd street all alone after it was closed off, they felt like Led Zeppelin! He said from the window the ball was about 50ft. from them before it dropped.

He said it looked cooler on TV than it did in real life. He took some pics, kind of blurry, I'll try to get some and post them.

Back
Top Bottom