Post pictures of U2 at McGonagle's Pub!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey no one has got?? :eyebrow: I want some as well!! :sad: (BTW, I haven't got any...)

I guess no one took pictures. They were all too drunk and not listening to the band at the time.
When a band first starts out, no one EVER THINKS they are going somewhere over the next few years, until they start hearing their songs on the car radio.

I have also been searching for pictures of their first ever concert back in school (1976), but no one has pics of that either.

It´s like the "Holy-Grail" of U2 concert footage/pictures.

1cf0d297.jpg

0ffa1726.jpg

Last edited:
Is this from their "first ever" school concert in 1976?
... or the McGonagle's Pub?

MANY THANKS for sharing those cool pictures @U2granny :applaud:

Applause.jpg

kellyahern said:
c861fd39.jpg

I don't think this is their school though, I think it's Trinity College :confused:.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's Trinity. I had one from their school. It's on a disk somewhere. I'm getting rid of one of my photobuckets, so things are a bit messy.

Thanks so much, kelly, for this pic.

Another GREAT Bono clothing combination - leather jacket, headband....and NECKTIE!

Wonderful, Bono!:lmao:

neckties, headbands and leather jackets, they went all out for this one, even Larry's wearing a tie :laugh:
they're all such :nerd:'s, sexy nerds
:drool:

Many thanks once again @kellyahern :applaud:

You have got an incredible selection of U2 material.
I must admit that you are quite a fan of these guys... I´m a fan too.
As I look back, I can still remember wearing those freaky-looking thin-ties.
Oh Gawd :huh: how I must have looked goofy!
But at the time... I was "Hip". Styles really have changed over the years.
But it´s still ALOT better looking than wearing jeans that are three styles too big and keep falling off your ass to show your underwear! LOL.
This new generation is gonna have a great big laugh when they look back in a few years time.

Fashion comes and goes...but U2 is still gonna be around! :rockon:

Thanks once again everyone for posting

I love the pics! I do have to say that after looking at those pics I believe the old saying is true, "Everything gets better with age"..... I believe that because, well, they were kinda funny looking back then.

Back
Top Bottom