Posh & Becks....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Introducing....my new Poshykins!!!

sit.JPG

berries.JPG

Posh is the size of my flip flops
size.JPG

sleep.JPG

Scratching and biting all over Aunt Jan's expensive living room set (if only she knew!)
scratch.JPG

Getting acquainted with the mouse toy
mouse.JPG

Ellen with Beckham who, despite his size relative to Posh, is not full grown (I'm guessing he's about 6 lbs) and still very much a kitten
becksellen.JPG

peekaboo.JPG

Buddy "Don't forget about me!"
buddy.JPG

So LivLuv, once the real couple splits up, are you gonna do the same?:mac:

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.
With all this mediapublicity going on right now, I'm just fed up with reading or hearing about them.

Your kittens looks lovely BTW:wink:

They're not killing each other but Becks gets really rough with Posh and she starts yowling. He chases her everywhere and knocks her down. She does hit him back. They stay seperated unless I'm watching them and ready with a spray bottle!

Wtf is up with my hair in that picture? :huh:

Posh (after just about falling off the desk) says: "1222222lkkkkkkk6t5//////////////' m;mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

So uh, take that for what it's worth. Or something. :wink:

Posh likes Ellen better than me 'cus I'm never around :grumpy:

She needs to learn not to walk on the keyboard. There's this program for Mac called Alpha Baby. It's for babies to pound on the keyboard and instead of them inadvertently screwing up the computer, it makes weird noises and shapes pop up on the screen. I think we should get it for the cats so whenever they walk on the keyboard, it makes a tremendous "BOINK" noise or something equally frightening.

Ugh, Beckham is sick :( I'm trying to find a way to get to the vet for medicine. Of course everything closes so early and I don't have a car.....

He's got worms. He's throwing up and just kinda lying around meowing at me. They have the medicine, but I don't have a car and the vet place is like 15 miles away. The place open 24/7 charges $99 just to walk in the door. Sorry Becks, looks like you'll have to wait till tomorrow....

Last edited:
Poor baby.:( What about Posh? Has she already been dewormed?

Edited to add that I just had a hilarious mental image of Posh's glamourous namesake being dewormed.:wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, she had some "wormer". I thought Becks did too since they did everything else for him. He likes to eat bugs and lick the carpet. Maybe he got it again? Now I've got to clean everything and get some new food and litter.....and I have over 200 pages of readings due tomorrow :huh:

Should I keep feeding him or just give him water? Poor Poshie's grumpy b/c I took her food away and dumped it.

Can I get this worm???

I'd stick with the water for now. You don't want him to get dehydrated. He can fast for a few hours.
Yes, you can get those worms. If you do, there is a treatment you can get at the pharmacy to get rid of them. You don't need to see a doctor.

How will I know if I do?

I have to say, picking them up and throwing them away was one of the more disgusting things I've ever done. Parasitic worms are just so gross the way they move and look the same throughout, no eyes or no head...weird.

I don't mean to take business away from vets, they're great, but sometimes stuff can be taken care of yourself for cheaper. ;) Every grocery store and WalMart has deworming capsules. There's directions on the back that tells you the dose based on weight. It's easier to mix it into soft food than hard. It should work fine. It is good to have an emergency place around 24/7 just in case. Feel better Beckham! :hug:

Last edited:
biff said:

Edited to add that I just had a hilarious mental image of Posh's glamourous namesake being dewormed.:wink:

Brings to mind that puking scene in "Almost Famous"

Worf had worms a few times when she was younger. The vet said it was from accidently ingesting fleas when she would bite at them. The worms were very tiny, but we saw them as white specks at the base of her tail. This was a long time ago so I could be wrong though :reject: It sounds like Becks has something different though, hope he feels better soon :(

I just remember that my Dad had to coat the pill in cream cheese so she would eat it :lol:

Do they look like little pieces of spaghetti? Those are roundworms (tapeworms come from fleas) - most vets will dispense meds for you if you bring just the worms and/or stool sample to the clinic. He really should have a stool sample checked anyway to make sure he doesn;t have any other types of parasites. If Posh hasn't had a check yet, she should too. I deworm all kittens though even if we don't see any parasite eggs in the stool, just because there is always a chance you're getting a piece that didn't happen to have any eggs in it.

Keep their litterboxes scooped every day so they don't reinfect themselves. The only way you can get them is by ingesting the eggs, so just be good about washing your hands after handling them and after scooping the boxes.

The vet I go to said it would be less than $10 to treat both cats so I might as well go there since they've already filled the perscription. That's why I like the place, they're really fast and cheap, but not ghetto cheap and filthy.

Back
Top Bottom