Popmart at Kmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you shout... said:

That's so cool that you were there for this! What was it like? Anything special, or was it pretty much like everything we've read or seen on television, over the years? Any neat stories or something of the sort?

My memory is growing hazy on this, but I think they pretty much showed it all on TV. Can't remember if they showed Bono sitting in a Brazilian reporter's lap or not though. :D That happened right after the second photo I posted. :)

Didn't talk to the band, they swooped in for the press conference and then swooped out. Holy Joe was pretty loud. :) I did get to chat a little with Paul McG and he gave me an extra press laminate from the event. Also got to chat a bit with Ned O'Hanlon (I had hosted an online chat with him about a year before, but I got to thank him face-to-face). Also managed to score an extra press packet with Pop folder and champagne stickers in it.

Afterwards a pal and I took down some of the Pop balloons and deflated them carefully to save. :wink: That was it, except more than two months later, I was in Las Vegas for the opening concert and watching A Year In Pop on TV...get to the Kmart segment (Mofo playing over it - this is the original Dennis Hopper version) and there I am on the screen! Didn't even know I'd been filmed... :)

Pop Artist said:

My memory is growing hazy on this, but I think they pretty much showed it all on TV. Can't remember if they showed Bono sitting in a Brazilian reporter's lap or not though. :D That happened right after the second photo I posted. :)

Didn't talk to the band, they swooped in for the press conference and then swooped out. Holy Joe was pretty loud. :) I did get to chat a little with Paul McG and he gave me an extra press laminate from the event. Also got to chat a bit with Ned O'Hanlon (I had hosted an online chat with him about a year before, but I got to thank him face-to-face). Also managed to score an extra press packet with Pop folder and champagne stickers in it.

Afterwards a pal and I took down some of the Pop balloons and deflated them carefully to save. :wink: That was it, except more than two months later, I was in Las Vegas for the opening concert and watching A Year In Pop on TV...get to the Kmart segment (Mofo playing over it - this is the original Dennis Hopper version) and there I am on the screen! Didn't even know I'd been filmed... :)

Hey!! I have a Year in POP (hosted by Dennis Hopper) Who are you in the clip Pop Artist??..I was showing it to a friend this weekend..
Did that take the huge POP poster down right away?? I would have ran with it:D

BonoFox1 said:

Hey!! I have a Year in POP (hosted by Dennis Hopper) Who are you in the clip Pop Artist??..I was showing it to a friend this weekend..
Did that take the huge POP poster down right away?? I would have ran with it:D

Near the end of Mofo playing (I think it's near the end) they go split screen with band members talking on the right and various scenes on the left, you see a gal going up the escalator - that's not me :), but soon after they have a tan-skinned gal in a purple coat...that's me. :) Can't remember what happened with the POP posters...must have gone down right away, otherwise I might've taken that too, although it would've been hard to explain that at a work meeting I went to after the press conference. :D

Back
Top Bottom