popcorn time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: *joins thread late*

erised said:

D'oh! :der:

:lol:

I loaned those DVDs to my friend, so when I looked at all my DVDs last night, those weren't there to remind me.

:laugh:

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I saw Under The Tuscan Sun instead of Lost In Translation

It's corny and all that, but I still liked it. The scenery is to die for, and I :heart: Diane Lane. The guy who plays her lover, who turns out to be a cad of course, is cute.

flaming june said:

No, I haven't seen that one Esther. I'll have it in mind.

Other foreign films I like:

Red (there's also Blue, which I didn't think was so good and White, that I haven't seen yet)
Cinema Paradisso
Il Postino
Como Agua Para Chocolate
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Joy Luck Club
Indochine
Camila
Farinelli, il castratto (weird, but interesting)

:scratch: Those are all that come to mind right now.

I have Like Water for Chocolate and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, there 2 of my favorite foreign movies along with Indochine.

Also I mentioned Lover of the Artic Circle, its Lovers, with an s, Lovers of the Artic Circle:yes:

I saw Love Actually last night. It's by the same people who did Notting Hill, Four Weddings, and it's a similar style to those movies.

It is the sweetest movie- touching, and funny.. and of course it doesn't hurt that it has Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson..and the guy who plays Laura Linney's boss that she's in love with is GORGEOUS :drool:

Definitely a feel good movie, even for the harshest cynics :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw Love Actually last night. It's by the same people who did Notting Hill, Four Weddings, and it's a similar style to those movies.

It is the sweetest movie- touching, and funny.. and of course it doesn't hurt that it has Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson..and the guy who plays Laura Linney's boss that she's in love with is GORGEOUS :drool:

Definitely a feel good movie, even for the harshest cynics :wink:

I want to see it!!! Yeah, that guy looks hot on the previews. :yes:

Some of my favorites
Amadeus
Some Like It Hot
Heathers
The Elephant Man
The Royal Tenebaums
All 80's Teen Stuff Sixteen candles etc
The Shawshank Redemption
Silence of the Lambs
8 Mile :reject: (i was REALLY into it I know I know...)
28 Days Later (cillian murphy is almost enough to distract me from LMJ almost...)

Two movies out I really liked: The Station Agent and Shattered Glass:

You all have to see BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just rented it and that movie is so damn good!!!!!

Johnathan Ryes Myers is soooooo cute:drool: he's in the movie and he's Irish.

Everybody here must see BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM!

I saw a sneak preview of Last Samurai last night-it's not out until Dec 5th

OH MY GOD..one of Tom's finest perfomances. OK, I must confess I'm biased, I've had a Tom obsession practically my whole life

It's a wonderful, moving movie. Obviously w/ the subject matter it is extremely violent-I cringed and turned away during many of the battle scenes. Just think what swords can do-enough said. And a lot of shooting, cannons, etc. The acting is superb, and it's directed by Ed Zwick, who has directed Legends Of The Fall and Glory.

Every time I see one of his new movies I'm on a Tom high for weeks :eek: I hope he gets and Oscar nomination for this - I think he deserves one.

Well, let's see:

In the name of the father
The Boxer
Laberynth
Stigmata
Gone with the wind ( I absolutely love that one)
Waking Ned
The Boondock Saints ( I can't remember how to spell Boondock :huh: )

And probably loads more I can't remember at the moment

Most of my favorites are old movies...

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Some Like It Hot
Gone With The Wind
Doctor Zchivago
Singing in the Rain
An American In Paris
All About Eve
The Quiet Man
Rio Bravo

Some recent favorites...
The Others
Office Space
LA Confidential
Gladiator
About A Boy
Sliding Doors
In The Name of The Father
Last of the Mohicans

I think my favorite movies are all because of a certain character:

Gladiator: Russel Crowe as Maximus Decimus Meridius
Good Will Hunting: Matt Damon as Will Hunting
Gettysburg: Martin Sheen as Robert E. Lee
The Sound of Music: Christopher Plummer as Captain von Trapp

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw a sneak preview of Last Samurai last night-it's not out until Dec 5th

OH MY GOD..one of Tom's finest perfomances. OK, I must confess I'm biased, I've had a Tom obsession practically my whole life

It's a wonderful, moving movie. Obviously w/ the subject matter it is extremely violent-I cringed and turned away during many of the battle scenes. Just think what swords can do-enough said. And a lot of shooting, cannons, etc. The acting is superb, and it's directed by Ed Zwick, who has directed Legends Of The Fall and Glory.

Every time I see one of his new movies I'm on a Tom high for weeks :eek: I hope he gets and Oscar nomination for this - I think he deserves one.

I can't wait to see it! :hyper:

I entered a contest to see an advanced screening this Tuesday. I'll find out on Monday afternoon if I won or not. *crosses fingers*

I have been eagerly anticipating it ever since Oprah was raving about his performance in the movie on Wednesday's episode. I'm not really a fan of any movies with violence in them, though. I'll let this one be an exception to that. :)

I agree Queen Bee-I really couldn't stomach the violence

But Tom..:drool: :combust: I swear he just gets better looking every year and w/ every movie

Like Oprah talked about, there is that one scene that is one of the sexiest scenes EVER in movies

I hope you win the contest :)

Something's Gotta Give is funny

I think I'm a bit traumatized by seeing Jack's butt though, but I think it might have been a stunt butt :hmm: It didn't look quite wrinkly or saggy enough :D

I :heart: Diane Keaton

And Keanu in a doctor's outfit :drool:

erised said:
Not too long ago I saw "The War" with Kevin Costner and Elijah Wood... and I loved it! :cute:

I even went out and bought the DVD :wink:

Elijah... :cute: I really like that movie a lot too. I've seen it several times.

Help! What's the song Hugh Grant dances to on Love Actually? I saw it last week but I can't remember for the life of me! :help:

Edited to add: Just looked for the soundtrack in Amazon... was it Jump for my Love by the Pointer Sisters? :scratch:

Last edited:
Yes, it's Jump For My Love

That's a cute soundtrack..I listened to the whole CD on Netscape music a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think it's there anymore

The next movie I want to see is Calendar Girls, it looks funny. And Mona Lisa Smile too

I saw Cold Mountain last night-it's very good. Of course very violent and graphic..

Renee and Nicole are wonderful, and Jude is amazing :up: It was funny to see Jack White too :wink:

As grungy and war torn as he gets in that movie , Jude still looks so darn beautiful. I can't even say what he does to me :ohmy: :D

That love scene w/ Jude and Nicole :eek: :eek:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw Cold Mountain last night-it's very good. Of course very violent and graphic..

Renee and Nicole are wonderful, and Jude is amazing :up: It was funny to see Jack White too :wink:

As grungy and war torn as he gets in that movie , Jude still looks so darn beautiful. I can't even say what he does to me :ohmy: :D

That love scene w/ Jude and Nicole :eek: :eek:

I want to see it! I don't like Renee that much, but Nicole is one of my favorites.

And Jude Law... wow... he is almost too beautiful... :drool:

Has anyone rented Capturing The Friedmans? It's a documentary about a father and son accused of molesting boys in the father's computer class in their home-in Great Neck NY..I think it was in the 1980's

It's nominated for an Oscar. It's one of those movies that stays w/ you..very disturbing and thought provoking

Back
Top Bottom