POP-Mart 10 Years ago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell me about it! :sad: I don't even think the show sold out. But my kids were little at the time... I wasn't going to concerts during those years. Ug... regrets. :sad:

:hug: I totally get it.... thank goodness for photos, videos, dvd's, celebrity....... :giggle: sorry got carried away there.....a touch of zoo-itis....

Neeeeed popmart on dvd. :drool:

151078408_6de83b0f3d_o.gif

bonocomet said:
Neeeeed popmart on dvd. :drool:

I am sooooooooo hanging out for that day!! I keep wanting to buy it on video, but I hold back everytime thinking..."any day they'll announce the DVD release".....if my wishful thinking has anything to do with it, a release will be imminent!!! :giggle:

can someone post pics of Edge's MOFO pose...when he hits the first note, he bends his knees and holds his arm straight out

gluey said:

I am sooooooooo hanging out for that day!! I keep wanting to buy it on video, but I hold back everytime thinking..."any day they'll announce the DVD release".....if my wishful thinking has anything to do with it, a release will be imminent!!! :giggle:

:wink:

From u2.com

Return of the Lemon

A DVD version of PopMart Live From Mexico City – giant mirrorball lemon, cocktail stick and all - is set for a summer release. PopMart opened in Las Vegas ten years ago today. DVD track listing and details here.

Filmed at the Foro Sol Autodromo in Mexico City in December 1997, PopMart Live from Mexico City, directed by David Mallet, was originally released on video in 1998. For its debut on DVD, it’s been transferred to digital with upgraded pictures and remastered audio, mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound.

The DVD will come in a Standard 1-disc format, featuring the concert, and a Special Limited Edition 2-disc format, the 2nd bonus disc containing unreleased live audio and video material, including documentaries, a PopMart tour visuals montage, and DVD-ROM extras.

Here’s the track listing:

Disc One:

Pop Muzik / Mofo / I Will Follow / Gone / Even Better Than The Real Thing / Last Night On Earth / Until The End of The World / New Year’s Day / Pride (In The Name Of Love) / I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For / All I Want Is You / Desire / Staring At The Sun / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Bullet The Blue Sky / Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Lemon (Perfecto Mix) / Discothèque / If You Wear That Velvet Dress / With Or Without You / Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One / Wake Up Dead Man

Performance from Foro Sol Autodromo, Mexico City, filmed 3rd December 1997
Director David Mallet
Producer Ned O’Hanlon
Executive Producer Paul McGuinness
Show Designer/Director Willie Williams

Bonus disc (special limited edition format only)

1. Bonus live tracks
- Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Discothèque / If You Wear That
Velvet Dress
All recorded live at Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam on 18th July 1997

- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One
All recorded live at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton on 14th June 1997

2. Bonus video tracks
- Staring At The Sun (Miami version)
Directed by Morleigh Steinberg

- Last Night On Earth - First Night In Hell (Remix version)
Directed by John Bland

3. Documentaries
- Lemon For Sale
- The Road To Sarajevo
- A Tour Of The Tour
- Last Night On Earth – One Day In Kansas

4. PopMart Tour Visuals Montage
Curated by Catherine Owens

5. Extras
- DVD-Rom: Weblinks, Wallpapers, Screensavers

Check out POP here

More on PopMart Live From Mexico City in the coming days.

I can't believe it was ten years ago. I remember the excitement I felt knowing the tour was starting on my birthday and I was going to be there.

The Popmart tour was a life changing experience for me that I'll never forget.

Back
Top Bottom