Pop Life Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
follower said:

Thanks again Carrie, nice girl you are ;)

You know, Saturday afternoon I spent some time listening to my Popmart S?o Paulo bootleg. The concert happened in January 1998, and we had another World Cup ahead that year...Ireland did not qualified for that one, as you know, so I think Bono and the boys chose Brasil to root for.

If you have that bootleg you can hear when Bono said, right before Staring At The Sun " Brasil, ganhem a Copa do Mundo para a Irlanda". He then translated it to Edge, more or less like this: "I just asked Brasil to win the World Cup for Ireland", and they both started laughing .

Well, it didn?t work at that time. But it worked now, 4 years later and I?m confident that Bono and the others might be happy now.

:yes:

A picture of him visiting a samba school, dancing and having fun:

awesome story Follower!! I believe they are happy too! Do you know a fellow Brazilian U2 fan named Daniella? I know the possibilities are slim but I think she is on many U2 fan lists for Brazil. We email occassionally- she is a great girl!!

Attachments

• b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 71
and last one for now ;)

apparently he took this one himself! good bono! ;)

Attachments

• b13.jpg
    b13.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 71
wertsie said:

group16.jpg

Let me tell you, Larry looks absolutely delicious in this photograph.

Dot.

:heart: Those pics are great!!:drool: :drool:

Olive you rock for starting this thread! ;)

I'll come back tomorrow to post some! POP!

follower said:
This is something NicaMom and I kinda created together some time ago...I sent her the scans of pictures from a magazine I have...Bono running in shorts in B?zios near Rio in 1998. NicaMom put them online. Hope it works this time...*crosses fingers*

attachment.php

:drool: :drool: :drool: Nice legs.... Nice arms.... Nice everything! :heart:

Excellent thread. I love POP...I remember being so excited just to see U2 in concert again...I love the lemon and the short-haired Bono and the music is incredible. I've never really understood why people dislike the POP phase so much....it is such a great example of what great artists U2 are...

...and Bono was so fit then...wow, was he buffed...

I don't think he wore the bubble pants when I saw the tour, though...anyone else out there see PopMart when it was at the Hubie Dome in Mpls???

oliveu2cm said:

awesome story Follower!! I believe they are happy too! Do you know a fellow Brazilian U2 fan named Daniella? I know the possibilities are slim but I think she is on many U2 fan lists for Brazil. We email occassionally- she is a great girl!!

I hope so, knowing how much they love football (your soccer ;)). Do you know that they played it in both times they came to Rio? In 1998 people there arranged a match for them to play with Rom?rio and others. Bono said that they let him scoring a goal, LOL. Then in 2000 they had some fun playing it again on the day after they performed their showcase to Brazilian TV.

About the girl you mentioned, I'm pretty sure I've read some messages written by a Daniella in local lists once in a while, but we have several lists with many active members, so I don't know if it's the same girl.

:)

Last edited:
follower said:

I hope so, knowing how much they love football (your soccer ;-)). Do you know that they played it in both times they came to Rio? In 1998 people there arranged a match for them to play with Rom?rio and others. Bono said that they let him scoring a goal, LOL. Then in 2000 they had some fun playing it again on the day after they performed their showcase to Brazilian TV.

:)

:laugh::laugh:
that's right!! I remember that!! aww! They really love your country-- too bad they don't get there more often!! :mad:

Attachments

• pop_tongue.jpg
    pop_tongue.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 51
I love how the stage dominates the stadium

popmart.jpg

and how he dominates the stage:

Attachments

• bonoarch.jpg
    bonoarch.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 56
[color=royal blue]RUNNING BONO IN ACTION is so hoooooootttttttttttttttt.................

is he barefoot?!
[/color]

i am soooooo lovin the popmart pics.....YAY!!!!!!!!!!

here's a new one i found today....

Attachments

• pop concert.jpg
    pop concert.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 55
It looks like he's getting undressed in this pic (well kinda... I've been exposed to the heat a real long time today)... :drool:

Attachments

• takeitoff.jpg
    takeitoff.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 46
LOL... the last one was the wrong pic... but actually... my comment worked out....

This is the one I wanted to post (then I will stop abusing the "attachment" system)

Attachments

• takeitoffb.jpg
    takeitoffb.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom