poetry published

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

novia

The Fly
i just found out today that i won in a poetry competion, troble is i hate the poem i sent, i only sent it cause it fit the word limit and now there askin my permission to publish it in a book, im representin liverpool should i give my permission the poem is durin a really bad time i was goin through which makes it even worse what should i do, iknow you grrls are good with advice in here thats why im askin,sorry bout it bein non u2 related
frown.gif

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

That's okay. No need to be sorry. I think that you should let it be published. It is a reflection of yourself, and obviously a dynamite poem if they want it to be published. The emotions behind it may not be in tune with what you are feeling now, but it is part of who you are as a person, and the struggles that you have overcome.

Of course, ultimatly it is up to you. Do what is in your heart!!

*Hugs*

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 03-06-2002).]

Well I think it's GREAT!! Even though it wasn't the one you liked, it's a start! It's your foot in the door! If they liked the one you don't like think what they'll think of the ones you DO like! Don't worry, be happy! This is the start of something great for you!

Poetry is always a very deep and personal thing. It is a reflection of our inner being. So of course, it is a little scary to let the world in on it. But I think that you should definitely publish, because your poetry may really mean something to another person out there who is meant to read it. It may strike a chord in the heart of a stranger whom you have never met and provide them with some insight. And that is a rare and beautiful thing. I say, go for it.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Poetry is always a very deep and personal thing. It is a reflection of our inner being. So of course, it is a little scary to let the world in on it. But I think that you should definitely publish, because your poetry may really mean something to another person out there who is meant to read it. It may strike a chord in the heart of a stranger whom you have never met and provide them with some insight. And that is a rare and beautiful thing. I say, go for it.
smile.gif

That is just beautiful Sula. I second that opinion. Good luck Novia!
smile.gif

Look inside yourself. If your heart tells you not to publish it don't and if it does think it should be published then go for it. Follow your heart cos it can't be wrong
smile.gif

You should be proud, Novia!
biggrin.gif
I am very excited for you, this is big! I have heard that a lot of songs that are released as singles are not the ones the band liked best, or the one they picked and were afraid it would flop but they were big hits! You never know what other people will think, and it's good to be published. It can lead to bigger things, and your name will be known. Next time it will be one you do like, and you will already be a published writer! As an aspiring songwriter, this is a very good thing and proves you are on the way up and more good things are coming to you!
smile.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Back
Top Bottom