PLEBAns world map...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
... My summer holidays are only 17 days away now (yay! :lol: ) and I'm, planning to do as little as possible - haven't done that for the looongest time - but I got an idea for a little holiday project the other day...

Since I started comming here in PLEBA I've meet people from all over the world and I enjoy that very much - Its always fun and interesting to hear about life outside your own four walls...

... So I thought it could be fun to make a "PLEBAns world map", with dots where everyone lives, to see how international the "PLEBA-family" actually is! :D

If you're up for the idea just post your country, state and city (if it's a really small one, just post the nearest larger city) - and I'll try and get the map together sometime in July! :yes:

:wave:

Well, I live between Dublin and Buenos Aires so it would be something like:

City: Buenos Aires
Federal District

County: Dublin
city: Dublin

State: Indiana
City: West Lafayette

My mom would get mad at me if she saw that... I'm here for school, I'm from Mishawaka, but I figure I spend most of my time here...

not really a big city nearby, so I found a little helper for you :)
mwa-map9-3.jpg

now I'm wondering why the big orange state of Indiana only has west lafayette marked on that map. Hmm.

Last edited:
State: Rhode Island
Nearest Big City: Providence

State: Michigan
City: Grand Rapids
Nearest Big City: Grand Rapids (Detroit, Chicago, South Bend all three hours away)

If you look at Kristie's map, I'm where the "E" of "East Lansing" is placed.

Estate: Mexico
City: Toluca
nearest big city: Mexico City

Hi Shy! I get so many Brazilian u2 fans to my site! I :heart: them!!!

I'm from Boston, MA, USA.

Bravenet offers a "guestmap" feature where people can put a little flag and a message where they live, on a map of the world. It's pretty cool. I use it on all my sites.

Last edited:
Cool idea, Merc!

State: Virginia
City: Reston
Nearest big city: Washington, DC

Kristie said:
State: Indiana
City: West Lafayette

My mom would get mad at me if she saw that... I'm here for school, I'm from Mishawaka, but I figure I spend most of my time here...

not really a big city nearby, so I found a little helper for you :)
mwa-map9-3.jpg

now I'm wondering why the big orange state of Indiana only has west lafayette marked on that map. Hmm.

That is a strange map. I grew up in Ohio, and Coshocton is a strange choice to have on a map. :scratch: And Columbus (where I am originally from) is way too far southwest. It should be almost dead center.

Kristie said:

State: Minnesota
City: Minneapolis

well this map works for me......I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. That's half of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul). St. Paul is the capital on Minnesota but Minneapolis is just as big and probably more well known. So if you find St. Paul on this map that's pretty much where I live. The Twin Cities to me is not two cities, it's just one gigantic one. My sig is actually the downtown Minneapolis skyline from one of my favorite lakes. :drool:

State: Ohio
City: Boardman
Nearest Big (sort of) city: Youngstown (I think Youngstown is on most maps, but it's still not very big)

ylimeU2 said:

That is a strange map. I grew up in Ohio, and Coshocton is a strange choice to have on a map. :scratch: And Columbus (where I am originally from) is way too far southwest. It should be almost dead center.

I got curious and actually looked at the web site I stole it from... it's got something to do with agriculture research centers for the USDA and where they are.

State: California (southern)
Nearest big city: Riverside (not well known but you should be able to find it on a map without trouble).

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

There are quite a few people from Ohio around. I got to school in Bowling Green, OH, so I've got a soft spot for Ohioians!

Back
Top Bottom