PLEBAns--Which shows are you attending?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Cool...my daughter is a huge fan of the music and the ppl involved, but not so much a part of the lust. I can imagine she'd be rolling her eyes at us. *LOL* but still, it'd be cool to have someone tuned into my wavelength around.

And...the story...want me to send to to you...when I have it prepared? I have 5 chapters done, but i'd like to do a final edit before it's read.

Edited:
I have years of internet savvy also...enough to know I'm too tough for anyone to get to. *L* I live in Brantford, about an ohur SW of Toronto. I attend University of Waterloo...about an hour N of me.

Hmmm...I think I've got the lust thing down.......i dunno...:wink:
If nothing else, if (no, not if, when) I get there, it'd be a blast if we could meet up in the GA line (new mantra:I will get there, I will get there....)
LOL..what would your daughter think, her mom and someone her age drooling and lusting over bono?

In a completely benevolent act, I offer my time to read your story, whenever it's ready. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Edited:
I have years of internet savvy also...enough to know I'm too tough for anyone to get to. *L* I live in Brantford, about an ohur SW of Toronto. I attend University of Waterloo...about an hour N of me.

:laugh:
I know Brantford......isn't that the home of the Greztkey's? I'm sure I've been there for something once...(I must be getting old..I can't remember :lol:)

~BrightestStar~ said:
Hmmm...I think I've got the lust thing down.......i dunno...:wink:
If nothing else, if (no, not if, when) I get there, it'd be a blast if we could meet up in the GA line (new mantra:I will get there, I will get there....)
LOL..what would your daughter think, her mom and someone her age drooling and lusting over bono?

In a completely benevolent act, I offer my time to read your story, whenever it's ready. :wink:

OMG...if you're my daughter's age, you and her could totally be best friends...she'd laugh at both of us. *LOL*

~BrightestStar~ said:

:laugh:
I know Brantford......isn't that the home of the Greztkey's? I'm sure I've been there for something once...(I must be getting old..I can't remember :lol:)

Yup, home of Wayne Gretzky. That's the only thing we're known for. *sigh* Unfortunately, it made the news the other day that his mother has cancer...the family is really admired around here...I hope it all turns out okay.

Are you Canadian?? Every time I meet someone online, I sorta assume they're from the US.

:lol:
You didn't know I was Canadian?
I'm proud to be!
(I'll recite the I am Canadian thing if you'd like)

I heard about that...now I remember why I was there, there was some air show..and Mr Greteky was there...aren't you guys also home to Alexander Bell?

Ok..how do I describe where I live without givin much away?
:hmm:
Hmm.....ok...how about I can walk to lake Ontario in about 5 minutes, and I know it's all Stelco's fault that the water is disgusting? Does that give any hints?

OMG, the place that starts with an H??? That is sooo cool!!

And, BTW...I was really hoping that they'd play there, like on the Elevation tour...considering that it's only 15 or 20 mins. from me!! That, and I know someone that worked with Daniel Lanois in his pre-U2 days (not that it would help...bit of a stretch, but you never know). And yes, we're also home to AG Bell and the invention of the phone, although there are Americans out there that would dispute that. *L*

Last edited:
Speaking of TV stand...the reason I had to buy the TV stand is because my TV died, so I got a bigger one...spent the entire next few days watching all my U2 DVDs....BIGGER BONO...:drool:

Am I getting too off topic here? Will the mods get pissed? Hope not.

Don't worry...I'll probably get the spanking.....
I *always* take threads off topic....

I still can't believe you were here..everyone at interland always seems so far away...

:drool: Bigger Bono...I have this JT poster in my room..on the back of my door....now *that* is somthin to go to sleep to.

I sound nuts cause i *am* nuts...it all makes perfect sense. *LOL* Yup, I was at Ikea...it was about a 20-30 minute drive for me. My first time there, too...it rocked!! bought a ton of stuff I didn't need. *sighs* time to start being more careful with money for the tour...

JT Bono....wow. I've just been reading a fanfic about JT Bono on WHE...makes me think of this pic I have saved....*must get photo hosting account so I can share*

So you'll take the off topic blame? cool. *LOL*

I'm just ecstatic to have another fanatic within my geographical area!! :hug:

I've gotta get to sleep now, but it's been great talking to you...take care!!

Last edited:
*ahem* Brightest...I do believe you've hijacked my thread! :mad:

:hug: good thing I'm the forgiving type...but you should know I *am* Sicilian...don't make me come after you :) Now go to your room and think about what you've done...

ruffian said:
*ahem* Brightest...I do believe you've hijacked my thread! :mad:

:hug: good thing I'm the forgiving type...but you should know I *am* Sicilian...don't make me come after you :) Now go to your room and think about what you've done...

ruffian,

Sorry! Is there a smiley with a sheepish look? If there were, that's the one I'd use right now.

VP, I always tease Brightest--and I'm a major offender of derailing threads, though I've worked to reform myself :D

*whew* Just got my U2.com e-mail...my presale doesn't start till next week. AND, just read BrightestStar's story...way to go, girl....ecstatic for ya!!! :hug:

About the GA...do you have Boston on DVD? Show your parents how the GA area is broken into sections by barriers so that not too many people are able to get into any given area...reduces pushing, shoving and chance of injury. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom