PLEBAns Please Help Me Find A Guitar?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that looks like a fine guitar to being with :)
I found out today that a friend of mine knows how to play guitar, she thinks U2 is decent, and she's gonna give me lessons and teach me how to play U2 songs, on accoustic first... I might buy an electric later on :D
but did you seriously not know about the volume?
first thing I learned about guitars, fiirst turn down the volume on the amp, then plug guitar in, then turn amp on... otherwise you'll get fine tones like the opening note of All Because Of You..
also, on the guitar itself is a volume knob aswell, so you can turn it as down as you want!

if I'm gonna buy a good one, it'll be this one... such a pretty guitar :love:
http://www.soundsmusical.com/product.asp?productid=6058 (noo blue's not my fave color :angel: )

^ I think I found out a bit before but, what you just said is so cool, your friend giving you lesson, I'm really happy for you.

Buying this guitar is really big for me, I don't know why, I'm just really keen to play!!:D

And Galeongirl, what about headphones instead of turning it down really low?

U2 Beginner said:
^ I think I found out a bit before but, what you just said is so cool, your friend giving you lesson, I'm really happy for you.

Buying this guitar is really big for me, I don't know why, I'm just really keen to play!!:D

And Galeongirl, what about headphones instead of turning it down really low?

hm you could do headphones aswell, but I don't know exactly how to work with those, since I don't have an electric, and the amps I work with at school are pretty old, and I dunno how to work witht hem otherwise than turn them on and off and use the knobs on it :wink:
I think ntalwar knows how to work with that... :)
but you don't have to turn it that low.. I mean, nobody would complain about a reasonable volume right?

I think it's normal that it's big for you, same with buying other expensive things you really want.. :) for me it was my ipod .. and a tv.. and maybe in the future a guitar ^^

they only write that there to make you think it's great and you can instantly play songs of those popular bands... don't fall for it.. just start with the other, and if you wanna go real good, take a fender :) (or thee gibson explorer :drool:
the guitar is only one thing, you need to be able to play aswell, so if I were you, I wouldn't start fancy, just try it out first, see how well the playing goes.. who knows you might not like it and be bored after playing a few times... better safe than sorry!

For the guitar to PC/headphones, simply plug the guitar (with a 1/4" to 1/8" converter) into your micrpohone jack and the headphones into its jack.

You might need some software - fortunately it is free.

For recording, try Audacity freeware.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

For effects, see this link:
http://www.4musics.com/Utilities/Guitar-FX.htm/

Basically, you do not have to buy effects boxes at first - all of the effects are done through software.

Last edited:
U2 Beginner said:
Does anybody know if soundsmusical.com is reliable?
i got my amp from there, and the next day delivery turned out to be a fortnight. :|

but i am on an island so that may have been why, if you have any problems let me know cos they tend to say different things each time you call them.

also...i bought this handly lil thing http://www.soundsmusical.com/product.asp?productid=134127 for £20, comes with headphones and battery. (no rooting round for one. :wink: ) and i must say its a good buy, has 2 effects on it, and if you want to, you can plug it into an amp or wherever you want and use the effects off it. plus you can walk down the road playing the guitar. (if you so wish :D)

^ I haven't recieved an email yet to say that my guitar has been shipped.:| And it says on the homepage that their site and company is for sale.:|

I am worried.:|

(I'd love to walk down the road playing guitar like The Edge on ''I still haven't Found What I'm Looking For''!:wink: )

Back
Top Bottom