PLEBAns Moms, I need your help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I am invitied to a baby shower given by a friend of mine in a couple of weeks. The thing is the couple of the baby to be don't know the sex of it. Any suggestions of what I could get?

Have they registered at a store like Babies R Us? I would try to get something non-gender specific, like a bouncy seat, or something for the nursery, if you know what they are decorating it with.

Gift cards to any store they are registered for are always nice. Once you get the baby home there is always something you realize you need that has been forgotten.

Are you or your friend in school? A few girls I know have got pregnant and had babies and at my college's bookstore they have such cute little unisex onesies with our school colors and logo. They even have matching hats and booties. :cute:

From my infant babysitting years, I'm guessing you can never have too many onesies w/ how often babies spit up, spill, or overflow their diaper.

True. And you can never have too many receiving blankets. They leak through the diapers on to quite a few a day. Ah, memories.:wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Are you or your friend in school? A few girls I know have got pregnant and had babies and at my college's bookstore they have such cute little unisex onesies with our school colors and logo. They even have matching hats and booties. :cute:

From my infant babysitting years, I'm guessing you can never have too many onesies w/ how often babies spit up, spill, or overflow their diaper.

No, I'm way pass being in school, but thanks for the suggestion.

u2granny said:
True. And you can never have too many receiving blankets. They leak through the diapers on to quite a few a day. Ah, memories.:wink:

That reminds me of when I was little, my mom got Ditie (sp?) Service where they deliver clean cloth diapers and pick up the dirty ones. I had one that I kept as my "Softy" and my mom used to have me do this trick like I was a pet: she'd fold my Softy and put it somewhere in the stack of new diapers. Then they'd watch as I'd crawl over, feel each one, and pull out my Softy.

Some of the best gifts I got:

Mattress pads (cuz when babies leak, they leak everywhere)
Fitted crib sheets (see above comment)
Receiving blankets (see above comment)
Change table pads
Gift certificates for home cooked meals from friends
Group gifts for big ticket items: car seat, high chair, stroller, swing and excersaucer
Exersaucer and battery operated swing - I would not have survived it had not been for these two items.

Try to stay away from stuffed animals...babies and kids end up with way too many.

Clothes - go for larger sizes (6mos and bigger) as babies grow fast, sleepers/onesies are nice and easy to get on/off babies.

Necessities - diapers, penaten cream, dove baby wash, unscented wipes.

Decorations: peel/stick alphabet and grow charts, framed picture of Pooh or Tigger

Music - there is a beautiful cd by Nicolette Larson that is filled with soothing music for babies :up:

Hope this helps

or go to a spa and get her a special "pregnancy" massage (most spa's offer the services)
I've done this for a couple of showers and the Moms to be always tell me that it was really needed - esp once they hit their 3rd trimester

You can never go wrong with buying lots of bibs, onesies, and pacifiers. Also maybe you can give something special for the parents like a gift certificate to a nice restaurant so they can have a date (maybe you could babysit).

I always buy

* a large bottle of super sensitive skin bath wash as both of my children had baby excema and all the beautiful baby baths we were given were too harsh.

* 6 white cloth nappies/diapers to use as over the shoulder spew rugs

* a bath thermometer.

The bath themometers are always really popular. Especially if its their first baby as most new mothers are scared witless about burning/freezing the baby :)

I'd say any baby equipment that could be used, bouncy seat, boppy, toys, highchair, bathtub, rattles, washcloths, receiving blankets, crib sheets, but it is always nice to have the guest come with a pack of diapers. You will always need diapers!

:cute: Great suggestions guys! My best friend of forever is having her first kid...we joke "our" first kid. Chrissi, I like that idea about the spa!

Haha, I had to explain to her the other day why I can't wait to sniff her baby's head. :cute: I love that 'top of newborn baby's head' smell....

when my brother had twins, his favorite thing was the heated wet wipes holder. i don't know where they got it, target or wal-mart maybe. it was great becuase in the middle of the night the babies didn't get woken up by that cold wet thing. they were premies and had to be fed and changed every two hours.

Back
Top Bottom