PLEBANS in Europe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
Well I am aware that tour has been cancelled but some people, like myself and Miss Velvet Dress, plan on going to Europe, Ireland for sure, over the summer regardless. We both really wish to meet up with fellow fans and know there's plenty of you out there, as well as plenty of you planning to be out there. So if are and want to meet post in this thread as much info as you can.

City:
Dates you'll be there/or do you live there:
e-mail:

I personally could use a lot of help from Dubliners as I hope to be out there for about a month, hopefully w/ a job, so I have a lot of questions. I also plan to backpack the rest of the summer so I would love to stop by and visit.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

well I live in Iceland, which is halfway between America and Europe. I know that if you fly by Icelandair you can stop in Iceland for a couple of days without extra charge.

So if you decide to stop for a few nights, I?d love to meet you
smile.gif
It?s always nice to meet other U2 fans (it?s a bit lonely out here sometimes)

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I'm planning to go to Europe in the fall, probably in August. I have to fly to Norway for a friends wedding, so I will very likely stop in Iceland. (AM, if you're around....perhaps we can go to the Blue Lagoon again?
biggrin.gif
)

Then I'm hoping to stay in Switzerland for a long time. Maybe up to a year.

my email as always... sulawesigirl@yahoo.com

Live in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Plan to go to Dublin at least once this summer, in late May.
My home is open for any PLEBA girl that passes by.
smile.gif

I live in LA, California and I hope to go to Ireland this summer. I've never been out of the USA before this will be my first trip.
I am going to be based out of Dublin for the most part, I think.
I was thinking of going in July or August. Hope to meet up with some people there!

Would love to find a decent hotel to stay in that is not too expensive. That may be tough tho, what do you think of B&B's?

oktobergirl

Hey everyone thanks, I'll soon start bugging you all with questions, ok no I'm not that clueless. Just so you know this is my current itenerary though it seems like in can be drastically changed in a matter of days (have a friend that might be able to hook me up with an internship with film in France).

City/Dates: Hope to stay in Dublin at least for a month starting in May, hopefully with a job any job (any suggestions highly appreciated) to cut down on cost and also cause I really wanna experience the place. Depending on how long I can hold out for (financially) that's when I start to hit the road and that's just wherever the wind takes me though there are a couple of musts, I'm not picky with any luck I'll permanently relocate to somewhere in Europe (no joke I really don't think I'll make it back) and then I'll have all the time in the world. My summer ends in late August, if I don't relocate, I don't plan coming back till the last day possible. So yeah I'm completely insane but I swear I'm harmless
wink.gif

e-mail: mbi16@yahoo.com

Alrighty thanks again I look forward to seeing you all.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I'm planning to go to Europe in the fall, probably in August. I have to fly to Norway for a friends wedding, so I will very likely stop in Iceland. (AM, if you're around....perhaps we can go to the Blue Lagoon again?
biggrin.gif
)

Sula, you know you?re always welcome. But what about coming to Iceland, when the weather is a bit better than last time
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I know the snowsuits are sexy, but....

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Then I'm hoping to stay in Switzerland for a long time. Maybe up to a year.

Cool! When do you plan on moving there? This summer? How come you decided to go to Switzerland? Sorry for all the questions just curious because I always thought it would be fun to live in Europe for a year. You can e-mail me if you don't want to post answers here:jennybean578@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Nothing to add to real topic as I will not be going to Europe anytime soon.
frown.gif

~Jen
smile.gif

ok...Right now i'm in Texas but April 8th I will be moving to Dublin and I'll be there permenantly...so feel free to drop by and visit
biggrin.gif
I'm sure me and Cat can cause chaos with you girlies around town
smile.gif

e-mail: ccant@hotmail.com or mullen-girl@dublin.com

Why Switzerland? That is a good question. I never was terribly interested in Switzerland as a destination until last year when I went there to stay at a community called L'Abri (www.labri.org) It's a really cool place up in the Alps where people can come to live for a while and study and think about things like life, God, philosophy, etc. I stayed for five weeks last fall and it was an awesome time of personal growth for me (not to mention a great time to explore a new country on the off days), and I would like to go back and stay there long-term this time. When I left Switzerland, I travelled through Italy, France, England, Scotland, and Iceland and they were all great places. I found I really enjoyed the backpacking/hostelling life.

AM, as much as it is within my power, I am going to take Icelandair to Norway for this wedding. So hopefully, I will be able to stop over like last time, but this time on the way there.
biggrin.gif
We will have to email and figure out what dates are good for you, etc. I don't want to be a burden. But I would LOVE to visit you and your sweet hubby again. Iceland was awesome! I will try not to cry if we can't wear the sexy blue snowsuits.
wink.gif

And now for my shameless posting of my pics because I am getting excited about seeing these places again.
biggrin.gif

Switzerland

taken from the front poarch of the chalet I lived in
3339267523232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3D64323%3Bb2434493%3C%3D3232373867%3B%3B5nua4%3A3fj0mrj

Sunset on Lake Geneva
3339267523232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3D643242b2434493%3C%3D3232373867795nua4%3A3fj0mrj

Iceland!
3339267523232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3D62%3A%3A68b24344926%3D32323736728%3A%3Cnua4%3A3fj0mrj

Sula and AM in their sexy blue snowsuits!
3339267523232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3D62%3A%3A68b24344926%3D32323736728%3B%3Anua4%3A3fj0mrj

I'm also hoping to hit a lot of Europe during my breaks. Not to mention that I have to get from Norway down to Switzerland, so I may be going through Sweden, Denmark, and Germany on the way. MissZooropa, how far are you from Oslo???

*getting excited*

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!

I'm going to Ireland at the end of May!

I'd like to have some tips about U2ey places to go and fun sites to see! We arrive in Galway then later on spend one week in Dublin!

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Melpop:
I'm going to Ireland at the end of May!

I'd like to have some tips about U2ey places to go and fun sites to see! We arrive in Galway then later on spend one week in Dublin!

melpop, and anyone else going to Dublin this summer (i'll be there, too!!), go check out www.atu2.com - they have a really good "Dulbin Guide" link on their site, with a map of all the important U2 sights. here's the addy: http://www.atu2.com/dublin/

we might just have to plan a PLEBA reunion in Dublin for this summer!!
biggrin.gif

Wow Sula, those pictures are beautiful! You're making me want to go there now! Good luck and have fun to everyone moving and/or visiting Europe this year! I wish I was going.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
i am planning on staying one night at the Clarence Hotel. I have a question though about the kitchen. Have any of you been? if so, what did you wear, how hard was it to get in, is there a cover charge? I need to know the goods so i know what to pack for a night out.

wink.gif

Getting into The Kitchen is no big deal. I had black slacks and a dressy shirt and that was fine. There was cover, but I don't recall how much.

Not to mention that I have to get from Norway down to Switzerland, so I may be going through Sweden, Denmark, and Germany on the way. MissZooropa, how far are you from Oslo???

*getting excited*

-sula

It's a 3.5 hour drive app from Oslo. If you go by, car, bus or train, whatever, you have to pass Gothenburg, where I live, to get down to the continent. There are also nice party boats operating Kristiansand (south of oslo) and Gothenburg, they often have Irish themes on their trips.
wink.gif

Let me know when you are around and maybe we can arrange something and as mentioned my home is open for stay overs and if wanted, personal guide is included.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
It's a 3.5 hour drive app from Oslo. If you go by, car, bus or train, whatever, you have to pass Gothenburg, where I live, to get down to the continent. There are also nice party boats operating Kristiansand (south of oslo) and Gothenburg, they often have Irish themes on their trips.
wink.gif

Let me know when you are around and maybe we can arrange something and as mentioned my home is open for stay overs and if wanted, personal guide is included.
smile.gif

hmmm. Well seeing as I have to get from Bergen to Geneva, going through Copenhagen, then it looks like I WOULD be going your way, eh? Cool! I would love to stop and spend the day with you, if you had the time.
smile.gif
Travelling is more fun when you can see a place with someone who lives there and knows what's good to do and see.
biggrin.gif

I'd be passing through around August 26th or thereabouts...

Eek! *is more excited* I'll email ya....or wait...no email in the thread. Email me? lol. sulawesigirl@yahoo.com

-sula

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 03-13-2002).]

Originally posted by *Ally*:
melpop, and anyone else going to Dublin this summer (i'll be there, too!!), go check out www.atu2.com - they have a really good "Dulbin Guide" link on their site, with a map of all the important U2 sights. here's the addy: http://www.atu2.com/dublin/

biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot Ally! I completely forgot about that webpage! It would be great to have a PLEBA reunion! Drinking a Guiness and obssessing about U2... sounds good to me
smile.gif

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Melpop:
It would be great to have a PLEBA reunion! Drinking a Guiness and obssessing about U2... sounds good to me
smile.gif

yes, sounds like HEAVEN!!
biggrin.gif
i think i'd have harp instead of guiness, though- i can't really take that thick, bitter drink! unfortunately, i'm not going to be in ireland until late june/july, but i hope that the band will be recording there in may so that you get to *officially* meet them!!
smile.gif

I'm unfortunately not going to Europe any time soon, but I just wanted to say that I hope you all have a wonderful time! You'll have to update us on all the PLEBA fests.

And Sula, those pictures are amazing! They seriously look fake because it's so perfect- definite postcard material! The snowsuit pic is cute, too!
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:

biggrin.gif

*Packs bags*

we?ll I AM going to Dublin in mid-june but I?ll stop by London first!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

[This message has been edited by Lemonboy (edited 03-13-2002).]

Well if ppl don't mind, I was planning to spend a few days in Dublin to save myself from a totally U2ey-less summer.

I don't have any dates planned or anything but would love to tag along if something was arranged. I, for one, am always happy to drink and obsess about U2
biggrin.gif

My addy is t_ensom@totalise.co.uk

------------------
Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

I'm also hoping to hit a lot of Europe during my breaks. Not to mention that I have to get from Norway down to Switzerland, so I may be going through Sweden, Denmark, and Germany on the way.

this sounds great. PLEASE come and pick me up and I come with you. I need to go travelling again. *sigh

------------------

Back
Top Bottom