Pleban Party girls --- the search for the holy BoomCha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

BG - I had a friend in Manchester for awhile who said that Michigan summer weather wasn't much worse than English weather :lol: he said they were eerily similar, in fact; but in the winter we get a ton more snow . He wanted to come visit this summer, but I haven't heard from him in awhile

Haha! I'd love to see Michigan weather then!!

I'd love to have snowy winters but we barely ever get them. But we did get a snow shower on christmas day which was cool.

Ah well, just live with what you got eh?

bono_gal said:

Paying for stuff is cack! :madspit:

"Best day of my freaking life" was Wednesday 29th June 2005.......UNFECKINBEATABLE!!!!

I had that experience once already this year and twice in 2001....so I can understand where you are going.

I have picture of that one too.

And what in god's name is a cack? Are you trying to say crack/wack?

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I had that experience once already this year and twice in 2001....so I can understand where you are going.

I have picture of that one too.

Post! Post! Post!
please

Russty!! :hyper:

Forgot to say hello to you there :hug:

How are ya? :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I know how ya feel! wild fires just suck so bad! I flipped out last night when I was in town and there was a fire crew in a parking lot in front of a local resturant where they always send them to eat during the fires. I actually pulled over and asked the crew where the fires where at.

One of the gals snickered and said "Boy you locals freak everytime you see us! Your about the 20th person to ask." Seems they were training a new crew and just doing brush clearing.

Its not funny though when you've lived in your house for less then a year and almost lost it to wild fires 3 times! :eek: I hate fires!!!

:hug: No, I cannot imagine how horrifying those awful wildfires are for people living out there. We have had the occasional forest fire, but even those are tiny in comparison. I had a friend who went to school at the national Fire Academy and got certified in wildfire fighting. For awhile he nearly had me talked into volunteering out there, but he wanted to do the smoke-jumping stuff, and I'm TERRIFIED of heights :reject: I would've gone if I could've stayed on the ground. Those fire protective tents they use in a fire storm seem kinda flimsy :lol: but I was willing to risk it

Sad_Girl said:
Russty - She moved away to Hawaii for a few years, so I'm glad to have her back nearby :yes: And we're going to see Batman Begins and then to one of the bar and grill type places near the theatre to harass any cute bartenders we can find :sexywink:

BG - I had a friend in Manchester for awhile who said that Michigan summer weather wasn't much worse than English weather :lol: he said they were eerily similar, in fact; but in the winter we get a ton more snow . He wanted to come visit this summer, but I haven't heard from him in awhile

Batman is supposed to be soo good! I want to see it! I'm sure I'll end up seeing it on video though as usual. :(

Hi BG! :hug: Sorry i'm all over the place. LOL Trying to feed the kids lunch and post at the same time. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I know how ya feel! wild fires just suck so bad! I flipped out last night when I was in town and there was a fire crew in a parking lot in front of a local resturant where they always send them to eat during the fires. I actually pulled over and asked the crew where the fires where at.

One of the gals snickered and said "Boy you locals freak everytime you see us! Your about the 20th person to ask." Seems they were training a new crew and just doing brush clearing.

Its not funny though when you've lived in your house for less then a year and almost lost it to wild fires 3 times! :eek: I hate fires!!!

Three times?! :ohmy: We're close enough to the fires that you can see them at night, but not close enough to worry. Yet. :yikes:

For you BG:

IM000196.jpg

IM000193.jpg

IM000155.jpg

IM000188.jpg

IM000168.jpg

bono_gal said:

Haha! I'd love to see Michigan weather then!!

I'd love to have snowy winters but we barely ever get them. But we did get a snow shower on christmas day which was cool.

Ah well, just live with what you got eh?

Or move :lol:

I was actually seriously hoping things would work out with him and I'd be living in Manchester by this Christmas :sigh:

I guess men are the same on every continent... tell you how they love you and then forget you when something younger in a shorter skirt walks by... :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: No, I cannot imagine how horrifying those awful wildfires are for people living out there. We have had the occasional forest fire, but even those are tiny in comparison. I had a friend who went to school at the national Fire Academy and got certified in wildfire fighting. For awhile he nearly had me talked into volunteering out there, but he wanted to do the smoke-jumping stuff, and I'm TERRIFIED of heights :reject: I would've gone if I could've stayed on the ground. Those fire protective tents they use in a fire storm seem kinda flimsy :lol: but I was willing to risk it

Thank your friend for me - it's amazing what those guys and girls put themselves through to keep other people safe. :hug:

Eidolon Bird said:

Thank your friend for me - it's amazing what those guys and girls put themselves through to keep other people safe. :hug:

Oh, Man what they do out there! :applaud:
I entered houses on fire without being too scared,
but just the thought of what they face in those wildfires scares me silly. :yes:

Sad_Girl said:

We have friends here who are smoke jumpers. Its a really scary job, but they love to do it. Bobby talked about getting into it for a while, but I told him there is no way I would let him do that. And I honestly think his lungs aren't good enough for him to be doing that.

Last summer when I was gone down to LA we were watching the news one night and they did one of those bulletins of stuff that is happening right then. They said there was wildfires in Northern California. Next thing I know they are showing our town on tv! :eek: A minute later they start showing coverage of it and of them evacuating people. Guess whose dumb arse was on the news in the middle of the fire!!! I about had a heart attack when i saw Mr. Cat out there in the middle of it all. He was trying to help friends of our save their house. He had gotten trapped with a few other people and a news crew in the middle of it all. They were wetting down all the houses in this neighborhood with hoses and buckets. Finally smoke jumpers and a crew found them. They saved 4 of the houses and no one got hurt luckily.

Sad_Girl said:

Or move :lol:

I was actually seriously hoping things would work out with him and I'd be living in Manchester by this Christmas :sigh:

I guess men are the same on every continent... tell you how they love you and then forget you when something younger in a shorter skirt walks by... :wink:

:hug: yeah, suppose they are the same on every continent. That's why B moves around a bit, it's to find the place in the world where the men dont look at the younger girl in a short skirt!!

Sorry it didnt work out SG :hug:

If you ever think of moving over to England again...Liverpool is a good place :wink:

Ah heck....lets just all move to Plebaville!

Russty Cat said:

We have friends here who are smoke jumpers. Its a really scary job, but they love to do it. Bobby talked about getting into it for a while, but I told him there is no way I would let him do that. And I honestly think his lungs aren't good enough for him to be doing that.

Last summer when I was gone down to LA we were watching the news one night and they did one of those bulletins of stuff that is happening right then. They said there was wildfires in Northern California. Next thing I know they are showing our town on tv! :eek: A minute later they start showing coverage of it and of them evacuating people. Guess whose dumb arse was on the news in the middle of the fire!!! I about had a heart attack when i saw Mr. Cat out there in the middle of it all. He was trying to help friends of our save their house. He had gotten trapped with a few other people and a news crew in the middle of it all. They were wetting down all the houses in this neighborhood with hoses and buckets. Finally smoke jumpers and a crew found them. They saved 4 of the houses and no one got hurt luckily.

:no: You need to spank him for me for doing that! :lol:
I'm glad he's ok, but what a fright that must've been for you! :yikes:

bono_gal said:

:hug: yeah, suppose they are the same on every continent. That's why B moves around a bit, it's to find the place in the world where the men dont look at the younger girl in a short skirt!!

Sorry it didnt work out SG :hug:

If you ever think of moving over to England again...Liverpool is a good place :wink:

Ah heck....lets just all move to Plebaville!

:yes: sounds like a good plan to me!
Someday, I WILL make it over to visit Liverpool at least. I'm a big Beatles Junkie, too. Dublin and Liverpool in the same trip :hyper:

Eidolon Bird said:

Three times?! :ohmy: We're close enough to the fires that you can see them at night, but not close enough to worry. Yet. :yikes:

Bird it is quite a problem around here. We've had fires that have burnt down whole towns in a matter of hours. Last summer there is a small town about 10 miles from us that burnt to the ground. It was really sad.

About a 2 months before that happened when we'd lived here less then a month, Mr. Cat called me from work and said that there was a fire some place that he had seen the fire barrigade fly over. So I turn on the tv and sure enough there was a huge fire coming our way. About 30 minutes later a sheriff showed up at my door and told me to get my kids and animals together that we had to leave. He told me that our main road was already blocked so he was going to have to walk us out thru a back road to meet up with a crew that would take us to an evacuation center. Problem was that I was 9 months pregnant on bed rest! None of the cars could make it thru the canyons where we had to go so a neighbor put me on horseback and we went into the canyon and waited out the fire with our neighbors. They were so sweet. They said that if we weren't leaving they weren't leaving either. Luckily they stopped it before it reached our houses.

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: sounds like a good plan to me!
Someday, I WILL make it over to visit Liverpool at least. I'm a big Beatles Junkie, too. Dublin and Liverpool in the same trip :hyper:

Jump the seacat to Dublin!! From the docks it's not that dear :wink:

I am in total awe of anyone from Dublin because it's U2's home, but I think I'm privelaged too! The Beatles' home is pretty amazing!

Another great thing is, my great-grandad was the barber on Penny Lane!!

SG men are all dogs! and good for nothing! Unless they have money. :wink: I'm starting to think BG is on to something when it comes to Bono.

I think men are all horndogs inside, some are just better at not getting caught drooling. :wink: Mr. Cat is one of those that hides it pretty well. But he can still be a pain in the bum.

bono_gal said:

Jump the seacat to Dublin!! From the docks it's not that dear :wink:

I am in total awe of anyone from Dublin because it's U2's home, but I think I'm privelaged too! The Beatles' home is pretty amazing!

Another great thing is, my great-grandad was the barber on Penny Lane!!

That is very cool! :cool:

Edge looks just like the men on the Odell side of my family; and actually, he sounds a lot like My uncle who was a singer, too :lol:
I've really got to figure out a way to prove we're distant cousins :hmm: :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom