PLEBAN Occupations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Sometimes I see people post "at work right now...." and I wonder what the "work" is. We've got pics and birthdate threads, but what do you guys all do? (Or if you're still in school, what are you studying to do?)

I'm in school...:yawn:...12th grade, so still 1 1/2 years to go...afterwards I wanted to be a graphic designer, but they want a three day long interview where you have to paint for them, answer questions about art and everything that you canot learn at school....it's almost impossible to study it. :(

anyway, i'm at school yeah. :rolleyes:

I work at the United Brotherhood of Carpenters School of Carpentry in Washington, DC. I'm the Office Manager/School Administrator/Secretary/Personal Secretary to the Director/Accountant/Bookkeeper and very underpaid :mad:

I'm an English Interpreter.

But at the moment , I'm working for the Latin American Society of Interventional Cardiology as the Scientific Committee secretary.

And yes, I like my job :D

i'm in my second year of college (bio major). i plan on pursuing a career in forensic science, preferably with the chicago crime lab or the fbi. my job, i work at the west michigan regional laboratory, which is a research/teaching facility.

I just applied for a job at the Center for Economic Justice. :hyper: If you could toss me a prayer, I'd appreciate it....

Right now, I'm a Phd student and research/teaching assistant.

:)

sd

PS--oooo, SOB, just like Scully :bow: :D

Dana11_big.jpg

Last edited:
Sherry Darling said:
PS--oooo, SOB, just like Scully :bow: :D

haha...hopefully with less man-sized flukes and vampires and aliens though...(((old school x-files)))

and good luck! what're you getting your phd in?

*edit* hey! who's an sob? :wink:

Last edited:
aine_hewson, Im in 10th grade too! Not like its a big deal but hey lol. Im not studying to do anything. I just dont like school, sorry guys its just uck! My grades are bad anyway, so i probably couldnt get a good job, oh well.

:sad: I'm jobless :mad: I have a degree in Literature and I was planning on going to get a master's in library science but after I got my 1st degree I worked in a library for 3 months and decided it wasn't what I wanted to do and I didn't want to go back to school either. So I've pretty much been without direction for 3 1/2 years. My last job was at monster.com working in their yellow page advertising. But there was a mass layoff. Sort of ironic, don't you think, a company that sells advertising to hire people at other companines has a mass layoff. Anyways...my heart is with financial stuff. I did a lot of that type of work while in college and I loved it. So right now I'm looking for jobs in that field.

So to answer your question I'm jobless but let's hope I'll hear back from the company I interviewed with on Monday with good news. They are supposed to have their decision a week from today. Cross your fingers for me. :D

Who4Life, if it means anything to you, I also hated high school. I remember really, really hating grade 10. But many, many years later (won't say quite how many), I'm a Prof. It can happen. I just found something I was really interested in; I'm sure you can do this too!
Also, arw9797, I went to the Master of LIbrary Science program for one semester, and dropped out. Never regretted it.
Good luck to you!!

Last edited:
I'm in retail part-time...I've been looking for a job since I graduated college almost a year and a half ago. :slant:

Sorry, I forgot to say even though I started the thread.....

My title is Senior HelpDesk Technician. It means I fix computers for the Info/Tech department and help people over the phone/via e-mail. I do this part time during school and full time all summer. I also have a smaller job for another subdivision of the IT dept where I manage a smaller computer lab. I'm also a full time student majoring in Bus/Com but I don't know what I'm going to do with that. I'm open to suggestions....

I'm majoring in anthropology and plan on getting a master's in archaeology... and a phD one of these days. Eventually I want to be a museum curator, in my old age.

My actual job right now... I sort books and periodicals that the libraries on campus (there's like 12 of them) don't want. My boss sells the periodicals to other libraries in the country, and the books get sold in a book sale every November. The job in itself sucks but I can make my own hours and I can call in whenever I want for whatever reason (example: Kathy, I can't come to work today, I forgot to do my german homework.)

I'm in my last semester of College ... I study graphic design and I have a job as a children illustrator in a publishing house... I'm making my degree project: is an illustrated book based on "from the earth to the moon" by Verne..

shari schultz said:
Retail-
I no longer fear hell, I work in retail :)

lol. I think you can say the same about having to explain to people that they're computer is screwed and they're going to have to find another way to do their job for a few days....

bonosloveslave said:
In 2 weeks I will be a full-fledged licensed veterinarian :D

With no job yet :sigh:

:bow: Beth, you should move here to GR (bigger city, more pets...) and start your own clinic! I used to go with my friend to take her cats to their vet and he was very successful working out of his basement clinic.

Great idea LivLuv! :up:

I'm a 3rd year student at "The Danish University Of Pharmaceutical Sciences", so in 2 years time I'm going to be a pharmacist (cand.pharm (danish title) = M.Sc. Pharm (english title))! :hyper:

... and my future plans, when I get my degree - eliminate AIDS, TB and malaria in the African continent :yes: Yeah, I know what you think - tough job... But after 3 years of always hearing "Oh, there's no money in that", "No, there's no future in that kind of medicine", "It's far to expensive to make that kind of medicine, 'cause the people who need it can't pay" and "Oh no, thats not good buisness - we had to sell our medicine cheaper to them, and didn't make that much money" I get :no: :grumpy: and :rant: - hope I can do something to change that, but we'll see...

I'm an assistant manager in charge of merchandising at GapKids. I like it most of the time...kind of stressed out this week. I know it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life...it's not exactly what I went to college for...but I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

I am the co-owner of an insurance investigation business with Mr. BAW. He does the work outside of the office and I do the inside work...in other words, I am an accountant/ secretary/ janitor/ computer fixer/housekeeper/mom/chef all rolled into one! :D

I've been an emergency medical technician for about 10 years, and also have my own landscaping company as that's what my degree is in.

But --
Right now I'm 'off the roster' thanks to a car crash that seriously injured my neck and right arm, and have a lawsuit against the insurance of the people that hit me pending. It's been difficult and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I have to find another way to use my skills as I will likely never be able to lift again. Looking at going into 911 dispatching or the like.

I'm luckier than a lot of the patients I have pulled out of wrecks over the years, I know that much.

Wow, that really sucks wolfeden :( :hug:

Lies, GR is one of the vicinities that I am considering in my job hunt, although fresh out of school I think I need to start off somewhere that has other docs to bounce questions off of (but I will have my own clinic someday...) :)

bonosloveslave said:

Lies, GR is one of the vicinities that I am considering in my job hunt, although fresh out of school I think I need to start off somewhere that has other docs to bounce questions off of (but I will have my own clinic someday...) :)

oooo, please please do! I'll get a dog or a cat just so I can take it to you.

Back
Top Bottom