PLEBAN Occupations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a police dispatcher/911 operator and Mom.

The edit:

Sorry, meant to say that I love my job(s). I've been doing the dispatching for 16 years and the Mom thing for 8 years. I think in the long run, the Mom thing will give me more grey hairs.

Last edited:
fah said:
I'm a police dispatcher/911 operator and Mom.

The edit:

Sorry, meant to say that I love my job(s). I've been doing the dispatching for 16 years and the Mom thing for 8 years. I think in the long run, the Mom thing will give me more grey hairs.

So, for those 18 years that I drove around all hours of the day and night in both car and police motorcycle...YOU were the sexy voice on the other end of that microphone ??? :heart: :lol:

Sorry fah...I can't let him out of my sight for a second...I leave him in IO and the next thing I know, he's in PLEBA misbehaving! :laugh:

Im an administrator in a Safety office. Most ly do radiation, and fire safety these days but have done biological in the past as well as insurance/workers compensation.

Im also a Mum to one, and the next/last one is on the way. :up:

I am studying again at the moment- doing a post-graduate certificate in adult literacy teaching, so I do this on Tuesdays an Fridays and Thursdays I volunteer at a college where I teach in an adult literacy class (this is part of my practical work for my certificate)...............I love teaching and once I have this certificate I am going to do a certificate in special education. I was working as a journalist last year and I am sooooooooo glad that I have changed career paths, I am definately someone who enjoys helping people.....

and on the money side of things I am waiting to see if I have one of two jobs, one being a casual teaching position and the other is a casual position doing admin work for a local event organiser- I' sure I will get one of them and as soon as I have completed my certificate I will have work in my field:)

U2zoogirl said:
I'm in my last semester of College ... I study graphic design and I have a job as a children illustrator in a publishing house... I'm making my degree project: is an illustrated book based on "from the earth to the moon" by Verne..

That sounds really cool! :cute:

I work at a company that owns and manages cemeteries and funeral homes. My specific job is doing a quality check of all the new contracts, making sure that they comply with the policies. After I make sure eveything's fine, I enter the information in the system.

I'm also the administrator in my region of a new application they came up with to handle payments. I had to setup the program and I have to provide support to all the locations that use it (around 30). Also, since most of the people here don't speak English, I have to serve as a translator when they need something from the HelpDesk. I love this part of my job but I don't get paid for it... it's sort of voluntary work but at least I'll get experience.

I'd like to get into more creative work... right now I feel like I'm stuck... and on top of that I'm underpaid. :| Oh well, who isn't???

Last edited:
I'm in my second year of a double major in Sociology and Political Science and a minor in Linguistics.
And I was unemployed until yesterday when the Soc department offered me a job as a research assistant because they love me. :D
After college, I don't know, maybe law school, but I have no idea about an eventual career. I'll be in Washington D.C. with an internship somewhere my last semester, so hopefully something will hit me over the head while I'm there. :shrug:

I work for a municipal Parks and Recreation Department, managing the senior citizen recreation program (each area has a manager: athletics, kids, gymanstics, aquatics, tennis, fitness - I got seniors :lol: ).

Do I like my job? Well, no job is perfect, but most of the time it's okay. The senior program has it's own facility (a really old building :lol: ), so I don't have a supervisor over my shoulder all the time :up:

The worst part of the job is that our facility is available for rentals on the weekends because we're closed for the seniors on the weekends. I hate rentals :madspit: I usually don't have to work them (other people usually sign up to work them for extra money), but I sure get the phone calls at home about them when something goes wrong - and even though we have a cleaning checklist and damage deposit, that's still not enough sometimes :madspit:

Last edited:
I'm doing an MA in Modern History and finish in September. I don't expect to find a job because I have the most useless degrees ever (political science and history) and I worked for two years for a member of Congress in Washington, DC, which leaves me basically unqualified for everything. :sigh:

Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order?

Yeah, an anthropology degree is pretty worthless, too... After this summer I could get jobs helping on digs in the area, but that's about it, and you don't even need a degree for that, just six weeks of training. Mmm, graduate school...

and flaming june, does your job actually require you to go to cemetaries, or just work at the office?
I love cemetaries. They've never creeped me out like they do a lot of people, I just find them hugely interesting... and now everyone's going to think I'm morbid.
Hey, I'm going to dig up dead people for a living.

Kristie said:

and flaming june, does your job actually require you to go to cemetaries, or just work at the office?
I love cemetaries. They've never creeped me out like they do a lot of people, I just find them hugely interesting... and now everyone's going to think I'm morbid.
Hey, I'm going to dig up dead people for a living.

:lol:

Not on a daily basis, but yeah, every now and then. They don't creep me out either. I love to walk around reading the inscriptions on the markers and making up stories in my head about the people buried there. :eeklaugh:

I work right next to a funeral home and I do go there every day so I'm pretty used to them by now too.

I like cemetaries too. :up: I used to love going to them when I was little....I think everyone thought there was something wrong with me. :reject:

meegannie said:
I'm doing an MA in Modern History and finish in September. I don't expect to find a job because I have the most useless degrees ever (political science and history) and I worked for two years for a member of Congress in Washington, DC, which leaves me basically unqualified for everything. :sigh:

Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order?

I too have a degree in political science and history. I am a high school social studies teacher. I am having a REALLY hard time finding a job. Teaching jobs are not as abundant as people think.

Kristie said:
Yeah, an anthropology degree is pretty worthless, too...

I am so useless....I am endorsed to teach anthropology! Wow...what was I thinking...well, at least I can say I did not major in the MOST useless subject, Philosophy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom