PLEBAn Holiday Card Exchange 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iloveedge said:
My mum wont let me do it. She doesn't trust this. :(
???

I don't want to be disrespectful, but what is there to 'distrust'? This is just a fun exchange of holiday wishes from people & places you wouldn't otherwise have any contact from.

Nobody's asking for personal, private information - just a mailing address. :shrug:

Yeah, that's exactly what I told her. She doesn't want me to send my address to random people :shrug: not to mension I had alot of penpals worldwide...

Only to the people I talk to everynight... :(

I understand her concern - to a degree. But as an adult (36 yrs old) who's participated in the Card Xchg for at least 2 of the 3 years I've been a member here, I solemnly swear there's no malicious intent from anyone here in collecting your mailing address.

Tell you what - if you can't persuade her otherwise, PM me with your email addy & I'll make sure you get a copy of the card that I'll be sending to my list. Fair enough? Maybe some of the other participants will follow suit & do the same thing for you - that way you can participate without having to give up the info your mum wants 'protected'. :D :up:

Last edited:
I can understand that.. especially in today's crazy world.

But the card exchange has been a great fun thing for years and I've never had any stalkers... lol :wink:

I ordered my cards.. I hope they come sooon!!!

BluRmGrl said:
Tell you what - if you can't persuade her otherwise, PM me with your email addy & I'll make sure you get a copy of the card that I'll be sending to my list. Fair enough? Maybe some of the other participants will follow suit & do the same thing for you - that way you can participate without having to give up the info your mum wants 'protected'. :D :up:

I would be more than willing to follow suit with this! :)

Love doing the card exchange. Look forward to it every year :love:

:hyper: 25 sleeps till santa!!!

25 sleeps to go
Just 25 sleeps till Santa
25 sleeps till the big fat fellah
Comes down your chimney and leaves you presents
and drinks your beer
25 sleeps till Santa!!!

:yippie:

(taken from a song a DJ sings every morning on a NZ radio station :giggle: )

BluRmGrl said:
I understand her concern - to a degree. But as an adult (36 yrs old) who's participated in the Card Xchg for at least 2 of the 3 years I've been a member here, I solemnly swear there's no malicious intent from anyone here in collecting your mailing address.

That's so nice of you! Except, I can't PM (not premium) so I'll just post it here!

iloveedgeu2@aol.com

Next year, I'll be able too! I'll be gone to college so me mum wont stop me! :D

Miringeltje said:

No problem to change that, now that I live even closer by !

:macdevil:

Kidding!

I'm in again as well.

Haha.. we should do lunch sometime :wink:

iloveedge said:

That's so nice of you! Except, I can't PM (not premium) so I'll just post it here!

iloveedgeu2@aol.com

Next year, I'll be able too! I'll be gone to college so me mum wont stop me! :D

Cool beans! :D I ordered my cards Monday night, so as soon as they come in, I'll scan one up & get it emailed to you. :up:

Back
Top Bottom