Pleban Girls Party - You Know That we're crazy about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:

I'm alright other than the headache :) I read some more of 'Wicked' today - still in love with it :up: :up:

I hope your headache gets better :hug:

I read 'Wicked,' but I didn't think it was all that great :shrug:...the show's much better (in my opinion that is) :up:

Jo - I was only saying that Pirates was out of the running because between it being current enough that people are thinking about it alot, I suspect a lot of people would just automatically say Pirates (I know Pirates is my personal first choice)

He's done a lot of really good stuff, but I realized today that i really had only one stand out 'I LOVE that movie!' :hyper: favorite (although I generally will watch whatever he's in)

and that is Inspector Abberline in the movie 'From Hell' :love: I really really love him in that role. Nearly as much as I love Captain Jack :heart:

^^ Oh yeah! I forgot about From Hell. He was very, very good in that.
Of course the scene in the tub didn't hurt the movie either...:angel:

:lol:

VintagePunk said:
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.... another great portrayal. :yes:

The first time I saw that, I just happened upon it while channel surfing late a night. Catching that movie half way through...leads to a general impression of 'what in the world?!?' :lol:
I didn't even realise it was him at first.

Last edited:
Oh, okay, SG, I figured that might just be your reasoning.

I also haven't seen as many Johnny Depp movies as the rest of you -- and didn't realize just how many movies he's made.

~BrightestStar~ said:
^^ Oh yeah! I forgot about From Hell. He was very, very good in that.
Of course the scene in the tub didn't hurt the movie either...:angel:

:lol:

The first time I saw that, I just happened upon it while channel surfing late a night. Catching that movie half way through...leads to a general impression of 'what in the world?!?' :lol:
I didn't even realise it was him at first.

That's a movie I need to watch again. I think it was really late and I was tired when I saw it. :lol:

And I've still never seen Sleepy Hollow (every time I go to rent it, it's out :| ) and Finding Neverland. :reject:

Last edited:
circa1992 said:

I hope your headache gets better :hug:

I read 'Wicked,' but I didn't think it was all that great :shrug:...the show's much better (in my opinion that is) :up:

thats some heavy reading for your age! :ohmy: Religion, Politics, Social Injustice on such an intense scale! Interpersonal relationships as well as race relations... Wow! I could never have even began to wrap my mind around a book like that at 14! :crack:

And I Do NOT know how they turned it into a Broadway show, either :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ Did you guys ever catch the A&E special on him?

Noooo!!!! :scream: :sad: :scream:

I looked forward to it all week, and then early on the Sunday afternoon I checked to see what time it was supposed to be on, and I was too late, it came on at noon. I was so upset! :sad:

Did you get to see it?

I ADORE Finding Neverland, too :love: Johnny playing one of my favorite writers of all time! :hyper: and what a great story! It inspires me to write every time I watch it! :yes: (I usually cry, too :sad: )

And I think I may have set a record for watching Cry-baby the most times :lol: I watched that show so much in high school! I wore out 2 VHS tapes of it :reject:

Sad_Girl said:

thats some heavy reading for your age! :ohmy: Religion, Politics, Social Injustice on such an intense scale! Interpersonal relationships as well as race relations... Wow! I could never have even began to wrap my mind around a book like that at 14! :crack:

And I Do NOT know how they turned it into a Broadway show, either :lol:

:lol: I didn't mind it that much...I just didn't think it was fabulous :shrug:

The Broadway show isn't much like the book, but it's absolutely great! :love: :up:

VintagePunk said:

That's a movie I need to watch again. I think it was really late and I was tired when I saw it. :lol:

And I've still never seen Sleepy Hollow (every time I go to rent it, it's out :| ) and Finding Neverland. :reject:

They played Sleep Hollow on Halloween so I watched it for the first time in it's entirety then...

And I have to say, I love the characters he chooses to take on....

VintagePunk said:

Noooo!!!! :scream: :sad: :scream:

I looked forward to it all week, and then early on the Sunday afternoon I checked to see what time it was supposed to be on, and I was too late, it came on at noon. I was so upset! :sad:

Did you get to see it?

:sad:

I caught about half of it. Completely by accident...I was looking for something else, and there it was. It was on at a really weird time though -early afternoon or something? Normally they air those things in the evening :huh:

Quite a bit of it was stuff I'd seen before, clips and interviews about various roles and the like. A few interesting chats with people who have worked with him though

I agree that the Astronauts wife wasn't great - but I think Secret Window belongs down on the :no: list, personally. I really didn't enjoy that one at all :shrug:

Sad_Girl said:
My sister got in trouble at school for having her students watch 'Sleepy Hollow' in class :grumpy: There are some whiney ass parents in her school system :madwife:

::tsk: Some people just like complaining.
What grade does she teach?

Meanwhile both in high school and uni I've watched Rocky Horror Picture show in class. :lol:
And the Simpsons! :love:

I loved Secret Window, loved the story, too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :wink:

Bri, if you ever hear of it being on again, can you let me know? Oh! Don't know if you're interested, or if you're gonna be up that late - you could tape it, I suppose - but Until The End of the World is coming on at 1 am on the Space Network :hyper:

Night Jo, Diane :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom