Pleban Girls Party - You Know That we're crazy about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jobob said:
I know there's more to Canadian music than just two old bands (and Sarah McLaughlin, Anne Murray and Gordon Lightfoot). I was being silly. I couldn't help myself! :shifty:

(ducks spit from Drea's :madspit: smilies).

Will you forgive me if I told you I have Tom Cochrane songs on my iPod? Even if they're just Life is a Highway and Wonder Where the Lions Are? :shifty:

Wondering Where The Lions Are is Bruce Cockburn, not Tom Cochrane *G* Tre'd have your butt for getting that mixed up, and he's not even Cdn! :lol:

A few other Tom Cochrane songs you should have:

Big League
Boy Inside The Man
- both of these are Tom Cochrane and Red Rider

Mad Mad World
All The King's Men
- both from the same album as Life Is A Highway

I could suggest a few more from Mad Mad World, but I haven't listened to it for a while and I'd have to go find the tape :lol:

:ohmy: Drea, a must from Red Rider is Lunatic Fringe

Big League and Boy Inside the man are Red Rider? Did he reunite with them for an album after Life...? Just wondering cause I saw him solo around the time that those songs were out, and he played them then.

Mad Mad World had like 7 singles released from it, it's a great album! One of my favourites (a non-single) is Sinking Like a Sunset.

jobob said:
:yikes:

Okay, since I live just north and south of the Canadian border ... :wink:

Is Cockburn Canadian?

Yes he is :)

VP - I thought they were, I could be wrong... And yeah, Sinking Like A Sunset rocks :rockon: It's been waaaaay too long since I listened to that album, I should dig it out again :D

Drea said:

Yes he is :)

VP - I thought they were, I could be wrong... And yeah, Sinking Like A Sunset rocks :rockon: It's been waaaaay too long since I listened to that album, I should dig it out again :D

The lyrics are gorgeous, so melancholy!

Through the years, that's always been one of my fave cds, one of the few i listen to from start to finish. :yes:

I just did a quick look on Amazon, and the Cochrane solo and Red Rider stuff seems to be very blurred. :lol: Some solo stuff he later did with them, and vice-versa.

She did really well, except for some reason, she sang the first verse too low for her voice...but for the chorus and next verse, she bumped it up an octave, and it was really good! :up: I blame stuff like that more on the people who are supposedly helping them develop...

Sweet. She has such a good voice. I sang with her a few times, but she was obviously so much better than me. Since we were young, it's always been her dream to be a singer. She's such an awesome person, I'm so happy for her that she's finally getting some notice!

It SO nice to be back!

:madspit: :rant:I CAN'T beleive that there ISN'T a Net Cafe SomeWhere in my sis's neighborhood, since it's been gentrifyibng in a fair portion...........but usually ONCE I'm up THERE I STAY there!!!

Or fo FURTHER UP to my parents or to the Bronx Zoo or Botanical gardens..............since i'm mostly there on Weeekends......

I HOPE all of you in the Heatwave ARE coping better than not :hug:

We DO have A/C in the living room and I have a BIG sfanding fan that helps drawing some of it.......and and cools me odd too.
bUT IO am ALSO handing the heat OUTSIDE well............ducking in the shadesa , popping into A/C areas if i need.............LOTSA H2O!!!!

I fought down MY Anxieties about being stuck in a Subway Tunnel {ie a blackout of siomme sort} to be with you gals............. I've been without PLEAB/PGP fror 3 days........

But I'm sorta prepared as one could be water bottle AND a battery-op Mini Fan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom