Pleban Girls Party - You Know That we're crazy about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm okay, Bri. I'm waiting to start my new job but don't have a start date yet. It's kind of nerve-racking, but I just have to be patient. I'm still looking for a job in the meantime, just in case.

The funny thing is, I had a dream that my start date was August 8, but I even said in the dream, "Oh, this is only a dream!" And I just realized August 8 is :edge: birthday!

I'm starting to get more serious about looking, too. I applied for two jobs last week (even though I first messed up on attaching my resume to one of them), and I'm looking at a lot of posts. There seem to be a lot more openings now; maybe it's the time of year?

I so want to change my job and start using my degree. :sigh:

Aw, Diane, you're so sweet. :hug:

right now, that profession doesn't seem to have many entry-level openings ... it's hard not to get discouraged

Ok, Johnny Depp fans (you know who you are :wink: ) OTHER than Pirates (Captain Jack is the only character which is discluded) what is your favorite Johnny Depp Movie/Role?

Sad_Girl said:
MSN :madwife: So Bri - whatcha been up to today? :shifty :wink

It's not letting you on? *pout*

Well, I was reading...but not what I had hoped to be reading. :shifty: I have to reload MS word because apparently it didn't load properly the other day ( :grumpy: ).
My poor sharpie was all excited too....
:lol:

I did finish 'New Rules' by Bill Maher today. So amusing.

How are you? :hug:

Jo :hug: Diane :hug: I hope you both get the job of your dreams. you deserve it :heart:

:yes: Someday you girls will :hug:s

Sad_Girl said:
Ok, Johnny Depp fans (you know who you are :wink: ) OTHER than Pirates (Captain Jack is the only character which is discluded) what is your favorite Johnny Depp Movie/Role?

Don't make me pick :scream:

Me - Benny and Joon, Chocolat, Gilbert Grape...

Sarah - in the sexy way, or in the good actor way?

Diane L said:
Jo, I know we've discussed Gale Group before, and I don't know how close the offices are to you, but there's nothing there?

Their headquarters are very close to me. I put myself on their e-mail notification for job openings months ago. Unfortunately, they're not looking for many people with MLS or MLIS degrees now. Or if they are, they want someone with a degree and more experience than I have.

Sad_Girl said:

Johnny Depp fans?
Are there any of those here? :scratch:

:tongue:

Let's see....

Chocolat...good and delicious :drool:
Benny and Joon....:cute:
Raisins are just humiliated grapes you know.
Oh! And charlie in the chocolate factory...he's hilarious.

:hmm:

And Pirates. :love:

:wave:

Drive by posting, just coming in to say goodnight! I took a benadryl and now I know why on the bottle it says not to operate heavy machinery. :lmao: I can barely talk, I'm slurring my words. :yawn: It never affects me this much!

:hug: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Don't make me pick :scream:

Me - Benny and Joon, Chocolat, Gilbert Grape...

Sarah - in the sexy way, or in the good actor way?

Um I Guess what I was thinking of was a character he plays that you are particularly fond of in general - you believe the character (which goes to the good actor part) and are really interested in them, enjoy watching him play the role itself (which I suppose goes back to sexiness)

you could divide them, I suppose and make a list :wink:

also I was thinking of the movie itself factoring in there - how much you liked the overall show

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...I saw that part...it was cute :lol:

I was laughing a bit too...and I got a bit mad when Elizabeth kissed Jack :reject:

Hey, Weldy. :wave:

Oh, the last scene of Pirates? The stupid people I saw it with Friday night think it's stupid to stay to read the credits :huh:, and I had to go to the bathroom, so I didn't stay to see it ... but my friend stayed anyway and told me what happened. It was exactly what I thought happened.

:giggle:

And when Elizabeth kissed Jack? Whoa ... Hot ... and mean.

jobob said:

Hey, Weldy. :wave:

Oh, the last scene of Pirates? The stupid people I saw it with Friday night think it's stupid to stay to read the credits :huh:, and I had to go to the bathroom, so I didn't stay to see it ... but my friend stayed anyway and told me what happened. It was exactly what I thought happened.

:giggle:

And when Elizabeth kissed Jack? Whoa ... Hot ... and mean.

Ahh...that's ok :hug:

Yea...that kiss was kinda hot...but I was still a little mad :giggle:

Hey otherwise :wave:

Sad_Girl said:

Um I Guess what I was thinking of was a character he plays that you are particularly fond of in general - you believe the character (which goes to the good actor part) and are really interested in them, enjoy watching him play the role itself (which I suppose goes back to sexiness)

you could divide them, I suppose and make a list :wink:

also I was thinking of the movie itself factoring in there - how much you liked the overall show

Okay, in light of that, Sarah's choices:

Acting - Benny and Joon, Edward Scissorhands

Sexy - Benny and Joon, Chocolat, Don Juan DeMarco

Still thinking about mine... might take awhile... :shifty: :combust:

~BrightestStar~ said:

It's not letting you on? *pout*

Well, I was reading...but not what I had hoped to be reading. :shift y: I have to reload MS word because apparently it didn't load properly the other day ( : grumpy: ).
My poor sharpie was all excited too....
:lol :

I did finish 'New Rules' by Bill Maher today. So amusing.

How are you? :hug :

I'm alright other than the headache :) I read some more of 'Wicked' today - still in love with it :up: :up:

and it's ok that you didn't get to read the stuff I sent you - no hurry - I was just wondering. :) (and :madwife: I HAVE to have Word! It's one of the most vital programs for me. I can't even stand to use most other word processors)

Hi Weldy :hug: I think he did a GREAT job as Willie Wonka :yes:

SG, acting-wise, it's really difficult for me to say because I think he's brilliant in practically everything he's in. That's what I really admire and enjoy about him, the breadth of roles he takes on, the risks he takes by doing so, and how well he does ALL of them. I honestly think he's the most talented actor out there. :up:

Hotness? :ohmy: Where to start... :combust:

ETA - the only movie of his that I thought was sub-par was The Astronaut's Wife, and with a body of work as large as his, that's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom