Pleban Girls Party - Worldwide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank God my parents weren't into true crime novels! I have read a few of Ann Rule's true crime books as an adult. Fascinating stuff, usually about ex-spouses stalking and killing each other.

I only read one Reader's Digest article about Jack the Ripper as a kid. Even that was enough. :yikes:

there are a few other people in my area jobob, but not all of them have the same timetables - i guess it's just a matter of finding a balance - this always seems to happen at the start of the year while everyone's still sorting their timetables out :crazy:

Sad_Girl said:
Yeah, I tend to like the gory stories - I know they aren't for everyone :yes:

Criminal Minds is a Jack the Ripper copycat tonight, for example. I've been fascinated with Jack the Ripper since I was like 11 or 12 (I was a strange child :shifty: ) so I am enjoying the show, but I certainly understand and respect that it's not entertainment to some people

jobob said:
SG, I read about Jack the Ripper when I was a kid, too. :shifty:

< bookworm who read anything she got her hands on when she was a kid :nerd:

*feels less weird*

jobob said:
Thank God my parents weren't into true crime novels! I have read a few of Ann Rule's true crime books as an adult. Fascinating stuff, usually about ex-spouses stalking and killing each other.

I only read one Reader's Digest article about Jack the Ripper as a kid. Even that was enough. :yikes:

The worst ones were the psychological investigations of multiple personality disorders - they were about the horrors that the children suffered that caused the disorders in the first place, usually as children
*shudders at the memory of 'when rabbit howls'*

I wasn't freaked out, SG. :wink:

< now listening to ATYCLB because I was listening to my iPod on shuffle at work after 5 p.m. tonight and In A Little While started playing just as the phone rang :grumpy: ... so now I'm going to listen to the album before I go to bed. :wink:

andberlin said:
not at all! i was just thinking at what similar gory taste i have :reject:

It's a gory world, if you ask me. I kind of look at it as having my eyes wide open :wink:

Dean Koontz is my favorite author now; he combines horrors unimaginable with humor and a sense of balance and goodness that I've rarely (if ever) found in fiction

Sad_Girl said:

It's a gory world, if you ask me. I kind of look at it as having my eyes wide open :wink:

:now watching somewhat gory scene in Lost:

Sometimes I open my eyes, sometimes I shut them. It depends.

okay, I'm going to sign off and get ready for bed. Another busy day at work tomorrow. :sigh:

At least today was payday. :wink:

Goodnight, everyone. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom