Pleban Girls Party - Worldwide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to miss you, Jem. :hug:

It seems like whenever I have a bit of time these days, this thread is pretty quiet. Oh well. Hopefully I'll run into more of you later.

I'm actually going out tonight. :ohmy: :lol: I haven't been out to do something fun in a while, so I'm looking forward to it. I just gotta muster up the energy. :D

bonoishot said:
Do you all have lifes? :sad:

No. :sigh: I have one on lay-away :happy: I'm scheduled to get it in September :wink:

Sorry I missed you :hug: I was finishing a book I've been reading and listening to the wind howl outside - we're having the worst winter storm of the year. :yikes: County Government closed down today, as well as the schools and meals-on-wheels and even the hospital closed to anything but absolute vital emergencies. It's been snowing and drifting all day and since the early afternoon it's been freezing rain glazing everything over with a sheet of ice.
4.gif

bonoishot said:
My dad called back before. :)

Hes calling back tommorow to arrange a time to meet up on saturday. :hyper::crazy::D:uhoh:

Yeah! :applaud: :happy: :hug: I'll be saying an extra prayer for everything to go smoothly for you hon. :heart: I'm so glad it's finally happening.

Yup :yuck: Started sometime after 2pm and is still going... What's usually a 15 min bus trip took just under an hour, then the subway ride home (plus a 5 min stop at the variety store in the gas station next to my apt building :lol: )

Drea said:
Yup :yuck: Started sometime after 2pm and is still going... What's usually a 15 min bus trip took just under an hour, then the subway ride home (plus a 5 min stop at the variety store in the gas station next to my apt building :lol: )

It started before I got up this morning and hasn't stopped all day :crack:

I want it to be SPRING!!!! :scream:

Actually, I want it to be September, :shifty: but I'll settle for Spring :wink:

Actually, am eating shepherd's pie and on the phone with the 'rents :lol:

My apt is really warm - in fact, my living room window is open nearly a foot (it opens side to side ;))

Last edited:
it's raining/icing hard here - the Northern and Eastern sides of the house are taking a serious pelting and the wind is crazy :yikes: but my dad has been keeping the fire going in the wood furnace, so it isn't horribly cold inside, at least

my sister just called to say that they've canceled school for tomorrow :dance:

Drea said:
Yay snow day! :D Too bad I won't be getting one :lol:

EVERYTHING was closed today - government buildings, the hospital/dr.'s office ... even Ferris closed down!

I have NEVER known of a time when Ferris closed :no: and I think it's the first time the hospital has, too

The 'rents are coming up Sat morning *grumble* There goes my plans to sleep in.. plus I have to clean up the apt :madspit: (Of course, if the weather's still like this tomorrow then they won't come up - they ARE sensible, after all - but if it's cleared up...)

Drea said:
The 'rents are coming up Sat morning *grumble* There goes my plans to sleep in.. plus I have to clean up the apt :madspit: (Of course, if the weather's still like this tomorrow then they won't come up - they ARE sensible, after all - but if it's cleared up...)

:lol: I'm hoping it's cleared up here - I need to get some stuff done and plenty of miles to travel in order to do it all. Saturday is Jake's 18th birthday party (His actual birthday is Sunday) and I was supposed to go to the movies with Matt (my middle nephew)

don't look at it as having to clean the apartment, think of it as preparing for the groceries your parents will probably bring you :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

EVERYTHING was closed today - government buildings, the hospital/dr.'s office ... even Ferris closed down!

I have NEVER known of a time when Ferris closed :no: and I think it's the first time the hospital has, too

Megan's stunned - I just told her that Ferris was closed today :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

don't look at it as having to clean the apartment, think of it as preparing for the groceries your parents will probably bring you :wink:

:lol:! The funniest part about that is that Mom asked if I wanted to pick up groceries after she and Dad take Megan and I out for breakfast (Megan has to be at work at 12:30, I'm supposed to meet them at her apt at 9:30) :giggle:

Drea said:

Megan's stunned - I just told her that Ferris was closed today :lol:

:lol: I told you - it's unheard of! My dad called at noon to tell me that they were closing down - his crew was one of the only ones that had to stay the full day (maintenance / carpentry)

Drea said:

:lol:! The funniest part about that is that Mom asked if I wanted to pick up groceries after she and Dad take Megan and I out for breakfast (Megan has to be at work at 12:30, I'm supposed to meet them at her apt at 9:30) :giggle:

Gotta love parents :wink: they never stop taking care of you :heart:

Hey Drea/SG/Jem et al. :wave:

I sometimes can't understand why human beings settled in such inhospitable climates... but then I suppose it all looks harmless enough in summer :rolleyes:
:wink:

Yay Jem! :hug: I hope everything goes well when you see your father :)

Alisaura said:
Hey Drea/SG/Jem et al. :wave:

I sometimes can't understand why human beings settled in such inhospitable climates... but then I suppose it all looks harmless enough in summer :rolleyes:
:wink:

Weren't you the one recently talking about brush fires and unbearable heat? :p :wink:

:wave: how are you?

Ali - TO doesn't have a *real* winter, compared to where SG is or where I went to school (Thunder Bay Ontario, on the north shore of Lake Superior), but we do get winter *g* It's not really "inhospitable" - of course, I may change that thought when it's 34C with a humidex 42C, but that's summer in southern Ontario :lol:

Drea said:
Ali - TO doesn't have a *real* winter, compared to where SG is or where I went to school (Thunder Bay Ontario, on the north shore of Lake Superior)

We don't even get winter as compared to the folks on Lake Superior (North shore or South) that's a winter wonderland *shivers*

Sad_Girl said:

We don't even get winter as compared to the folks on Lake Superior (North shore or South) that's a winter wonderland *shivers*

And right now around Detroit, we have freezing rain. That's March in Michigan for you. :huh:

Hello out there. :wave:

Tonight's Grey's Anatomy is a rerun, so I'm gonna be here tonight while I watch it. :wink:

*g* But in summer :drool: I miss Thunder Bay in the summer - no humidity, reasonable temperatures... granted there wasn't as much going on there as in TO in the summer, but still :) Sunrises over Superior :drool:

jobob said:

And right now around Detroit, we have freezing rain. That's March in Michigan for you. :huh:

Go back and read the past couple of pages and see what it's like in TO and Up north here tonight :wink::lol:

:hug: how are you dear?

Back
Top Bottom