Pleban Girls Party - Wishing we were in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greeneyedgirl said:
*one day GG will grow up and actually "use" her computer*

Nah :wink:

But you do use it! To talk to us! :wink:

There's way too many cool uses for the Internet. Online shopping, streaming video, reading news online, iTunes and Internet radio. And then there's the Blue Crack! :happy:

How did people ever get along without the Internet, really? :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
Drea :sad: You're like an hour early! :shifty: are you going to read you book? :sexywink:

:hug: good night Sweet Dreams

No, it's hot, I'm tired and work is kicking my ass :lol: I'm seriously counting down till July now, though I don't know my official end date yet for the summmer...

Thora!! :hug: :wave:

Bri :hug: Thanks, hon. We'll see. It's a circulation clerk job, and I've heard from people who know patrons at that library that the clerks don't smile and pretty well ignore them as they walk in. I hope I don't step on any toes if I smile and say hi (it's a small branch library).

Sad_Girl said:
Diane :hug: I'm glad to hear you will finally have benefits :yes: what a difference they make!

Benefits. :yes: They're half the reason why I've kept my job for nearly eight years. 'Cause I need my medical benefits, and I've built up some retirement savings there as well.

Yes, I had a very nice weekend. I'm a bit tired though.

Diane, so you have a new job? I'll have to read back in the thread... still haven't finished catching up from this weekend.

jobob said:

They, like, left their houses and used the mail and telephones and faxes to do stuff. Or so I vaguely remember. :scratch: :laugh:

Back when I was young, and dinosaurs roamed the earth, you had to plan in advance to make deadlines. If something was due, say, on Friday, you had to figure out how long it would take for the mail to arrive at its destination. You'd have to mail it on Monday or Tuesday! Now with Express Mail, FedEx, faxes, etc., etc., it's a lot easier.

it's so weird, when I write a story set just fifteen or twenty years ago the changes that have come about, Cell phones, the internet, Digital music, Etc... it's mind boggling

~BrightestStar~ said:

There was a time when people lived without it? :shocked:

It gets worse, young Bri. When I was your age, we didn't have VCR's. Or cell phones, either. And only computer sci majors had PC's.

And I walked five miles to school. Uphill, both ways, in the snow. :wink:

That last paragraph was b.s., of course.

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

Luckily, I can borrow the money from my mom. :|

There was all this family drama earlier in the week. My mom was SO pissed that she called him. He told her he'd try to put me back on...then the next day he called me and said he wouldn't. The end result is, now my mom is so angry, she's written him off and says she'll never speak to him again.

I just sat around watching/listening all week like this:

:corn:

Sad_Girl said:
it's so weird, when I write a story set just fifteen or twenty years ago the changes that have come about, Cell phones, the internet, Digital music, Etc... it's mind boggling

About 13 years ago I temped in the main office of A&S, a department store chain that got bought out by Macy's. The honchos had car phones, and I thought that was the most amazing thing...a phone in a car! :lmao:

jobob said:

It gets worse, young Bri. When I was your age, we didn't have VCR's. Or cell phones, either. And only computer sci majors had PC's.

And I walked five miles to school. Uphill, both ways, in the snow. :wink:

That last paragraph was b.s., of course.

:shocked:

The stone age!!!

:lol:

When my uncle was in university, he did some courses with computers...back when they were rather large and all that.

:lol: We had one of the very first cell phones when they first came out. It was this large case that you carried that had a pretty big phone attached. Nothing like the little phones we have today. :lmao: If you could see how giant it was, you'd wonder why anyone would bother with the stupid thing.

Diane L said:
Thora!! :hug: :wave:

Bri :hug: Thanks, hon. We'll see. It's a circulation clerk job, and I've heard from people who know patrons at that library that the clerks don't smile and pretty well ignore them as they walk in.

The clerks don't smile and greet their patrons? WTF? :ohmy:

I hope I don't step on any toes if I smile and say hi (it's a small branch library).

Oooh, that's a tough one. IMO, the clerks ought to be friendly. Yet, you should fit in with the rest of the branch.

:hmm:

Sounds like an issue for your supervisor.

Back
Top Bottom