Pleban Girls Party - Where old acquaintances are not forgot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
Oh yeah ! I was weened on Star Wars :lol: I saw ep 4 in the drive in (Although I was less than a year old) and The first movie I can remember seeing in the theatre is Return of the Jedi :heart:

Plus I had one dark haired brother and one light haired brother growing up - it made it perfect to play Luke, Leia and Han Solo :giggle:

Oh I remember when Return of the Jedi was in the theatre! Kept begging my brother's tell me what had happened to the Emperor since they had gone and seen the movie :lol:

How cute that you had all the characters right in your family lol

Ooh Empire scarred an entire generation of movie goers :lol:

There was nothing quite like that moment when you realized the movie was over and the bad guys had won :shocked: and if/when there would be another Star Wars :yikes:

that was groundbreaking :yes:

I don't think I could really choose a favorite - even the new ones, which some fans were disappointed with were great imo

Hi BD :wave:

What's wrong?

I saw Empire *and* Return of the Jedi at the drive-in, which should tell you how old I am :lol: I've never seen the new trilogy and never wanted to - give me the original three, that's all I need :D

Hi Shannon and SG! :hug:

Nothing is hugely wrong, just that I feel a little under the weather. Have a bad sore throat and head cold... started since I got back from Hawaii, I think it's prolly a combination of extreme temperature changes, stress and exhaustion!

How are you lovely ladies tonight?

Drea said:
I saw Empire *and* Return of the Jedi at the drive-in, which should tell you how old I am :lol: I've never seen the new trilogy and never wanted to - give me the original three, that's all I need :D

there is a lot of good stuff in the pre-quels; though each trilogy stands really well on its own. I love that about them

I love Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, they did an incredible job in the films :heart:

Babydoll said:

Nothing is hugely wrong, just that I feel a little under the weather. Have a bad sore throat and head cold... started since I got back from Hawaii, I think it's prolly a combination of extreme temperature changes, stress and exhaustion!

Aww :hug: I hope you feel better soon! I got sick too when I returned. But I'm getting better. The temp change isn't nearly as drastic as yours though :ohmy:

I'm doing pretty good! I had a really nice day today. :)

Babydoll said:

Awwww hope you feel better soon :hug: The weather has really been crazy! When does your break from school start?

Btw Im fine thanks :hug:

redhotswami said:
I do appreciate Jedi, but Jabba really scarred me as a child. I had nightmares. It was awhile ebfore I could see that movie in its entirety.

OMG When Jeffy was just a really little baby; maybe a year old, his brother gave him some hand me down toys, amongst them was a Jar-Jar Binks doll :lmao: Jeffy was so scared of it, woke up from ightmares about it - and wouldn't even rest until his father had 'fed it to the dog' so he knew it wouldn't be coming back :ohmy: :lol:

even now He loves Episode 2 and 3 but won't watch episode 1 :lol: :cute:

Shannon, break started on Friday, but since I took a week off during finals week to go to Hawaii, :)reject: ) I was told today that I got an F in one of my classes. :| I've never had an F before, I feel awful...

I'm still completing work for other classes too. :|

redhotswami said:
Shannon - I'm with ya on the Ewoks though. I actually once wrote out the lyrics to the song. Nub nub. echop a nooooooooooooooah.

:lol: yeah I was that cool :cool:

:lol: that song was the best!

My youngest brother used to have the Ewok Village that he got for Christmas one year. Oh how we used to fight over who would play with it :lol:

:lol: You guys just reminded me of something...

Back in university one year (my second or third I think), think it was the spring res semi-formal... in the afternoon before everyone started getting ready for dinner they had Star Wars on and came up with a drinking game - pick a character, and every time they came onscreen you had to drink. If I remember right, the person who had Darth Vader also had to chug while he was choking that guy :lol:

Ah university - breeding ground of any possible drinking game known to man :wink: *remembers a night in fourth year and a game called "Gilmour" during HNIC :lol:*

BD is this your first year of college? If so...maybe you can talk to an advisor. My college has this thing called "freshman rule" where you are allowed to drop a total of 6 credits from your freshman year. To this day there is no record of me failing that awful chem class :wink:

Babydoll said:
Shannon, break started on Friday, but since I took a week off during finals week to go to Hawaii, :)reject:) I was told today that I got an F in one of my classes. :| I've never had an F before, I feel awful...

I'm still completing work for other classes too. :|

Awwwww Im so sorry :hug: Know that has to be pretty tough to deal with :(. Hope things start looking up for you soon.

Drea said:
:lol: You guys just reminded me of something...

Back in university one year (my second or third I think), think it was the spring res semi-formal... in the afternoon before everyone started getting ready for dinner they had Star Wars on and came up with a drinking game - pick a character, and every time they came onscreen you had to drink. If I remember right, the person who had Darth Vader also had to chug while he was choking that guy :lol:

Ah university - breeding ground of any possible drinking game known to man :wink: *remembers a night in fourth year and a game called "Gilmour" during HNIC :lol:*

:lol: amazing what you can learn outside of the classroom

^:lol:

Not to mention the drinking age in Ontario is 19, so unlike the States you could be legally drinking in first year - in fact, I turned 19 the May of my last year of high school, so I was legal when I got there :wink:

Mind you, I've still never been drunk, though I did actually consciously attempt to get to that state once (after I'd graduated and was working, mind you)... discovered I have a very high alcohol tolerance - the most I got was buzzed, amazing considering I'd drunk a decent amount - and have since NOT attempted to test it *g*

Back
Top Bottom