Pleban Girls Party - Where old acquaintances are not forgot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
adebttrt012.jpg

adamcclayton146.jpg

acc69.jpg

Ok, here's a joke I heard on the radio the other day:

A woman and her daughter spent the day shopping together for the perfect dress for her to wear as mother-of-the bride at the daughter's wedding next month. They had wonderful luck and emerged from the day ecstatic over the purchase, having found "the perfect dress".

The next weekend the daughter visited her dad and the woman he was dating (who was, of course, considerably younger than her mother). She was appalled when her father's girlfriend showed her the dress she was planning to wear to the wedding. It was identical to the one they had just bought for her mother!

The daughter tells the girlfriend what has happened and asks her to return it to the store and choose something else. "I certainly will NOT", the girlfriend replied, "I look absolutely stunning in this dress...it shows off my fabulous figure and the color accentuates my suntan perfectly. No way am I taking it back!"

Heartsick, the daughter broke the bad news to her mother, who responded, "No problem, honey, I'll wear something else. This will be the most special day of your life, and I want it to be absolutely perfect for you."

"Mom, you're the greatest . . . so understanding and supportive. I sure hope you don't have any trouble getting a refund on the dress."

"Oh, I'm not returning the dress", the mother answered. "I'll just wear it to the rehearsal dinner!"

:evil:

Sad_Girl said:
Ok, here's a joke I heard on the radio the other day:

A woman and her daughter spent the day shopping together for the perfect dress for her to wear as mother-of-the bride at the daughter's wedding next month. They had wonderful luck and emerged from the day ecstatic over the purchase, having found "the perfect dress".

The next weekend the daughter visited her dad and the woman he was dating (who was, of course, considerably younger than her mother). She was appalled when her father's girlfriend showed her the dress she was planning to wear to the wedding. It was identical to the one they had just bought for her mother!

The daughter tells the girlfriend what has happened and asks her to return it to the store and choose something else. "I certainly will NOT", the girlfriend replied, "I look absolutely stunning in this dress...it shows off my fabulous figure and the color accentuates my suntan perfectly. No way am I taking it back!"

Heartsick, the daughter broke the bad news to her mother, who responded, "No problem, honey, I'll wear something else. This will be the most special day of your life, and I want it to be absolutely perfect for you."

"Mom, you're the greatest . . . so understanding and supportive. I sure hope you don't have any trouble getting a refund on the dress."

"Oh, I'm not returning the dress", the mother answered. "I'll just wear it to the rehearsal dinner!"

:evil:

:lmao:!

I'm all right :heart: Tired :yawn:

for no good reason, I've been pretty lazy today :reject: :lol:

You only have one more test on Wednesday, right? :cool:

Will you be checking a PO box while there? :shifty:

1.gif

Last edited:
I had another nap earlier today, as if I didn't sleeep enough on the weekend!....it's was so sad. I got up, did some stuff, went to watch tv, and ended up falling asleep on the couch. :reject::lol:

Yes, thank god. The end is coming. I couldn't be happier.

Actually, I could be. I can't wait to check my PO. box.:hyper: Seriously.
I figured it wouldn't probably get here till around this week, but that didn't stop me from checking early last week. :lol:
I'm so easily excited.

:sexywink:

1.gif

^ that's so cute!!

Sorry, was distracted by The Daily Show :drool: Haha, I haven't had a tv in ages...this is interesting :hmm: I'm gonna go reap the benefits of my parents' middle class lifestyle while I can :wink: Goodnight everyone! :hug: :wave:

~BrightestStar~ said:
I had another nap earlier today, as if I didn't sleeep enough on the weekend!....it's was so sad. I got up, did some stuff, went to watch tv, and ended up falling asleep on the couch. : reject::lol :

Yes, thank god. The end is coming. I couldn't be happier.

Actually, I could be. I can't wait to check my PO. box.:hyper: Seriously.
I figured it wouldn't probably get here till around this week, but that didn't stop me from checking early last week. : lol:
I'm so easily excited.

well, some of the stuff I sent out the same day to people here in the states has already arrived, and I sent a couple of packages to Canada about two days before I sent yours out, and I know at least one of those has arrived soooo.... :wink:

like I said it's really nothing much :shrug: My heart must've done the grinch thing and grown two sizes that day :wink: :p

I'm the same way about getting mail :lol:

My Aunt sent me our family tree that she's been working on, and I got it in the mail today I was so excited :dance:

:hug: goodnight Mia, sweet Dreams!

:giggle: I don't know if anyone will get this, but I'm looking at SG's sig and thinking "I'm gonna eat you little fishy!" *hopes someone will get that though*

Bri :wave:

Sad_Girl said:

well, some of the stuff I sent out the same day to people here in the states has already arrived, and I sent a couple of packages to Canada about two days before I sent yours out, and I know at least one of those has arrived soooo.... :wink

like I said it's really nothing much :shrug: My heart must've done the grinch thing and grown two sizes that day :wink :p

I'm the same way about getting mail :lol

My Aunt sent me our family tree that she's been working on, and I got it in the mail today I was so excited :dance

:hug goodnight Mia, sweet Dreams!

:hmm:
Are you green and hairy too?
You don't sound suspiciously like Jim Carrey do you?
:ohmy:

:tongue:

Nothing much...pft.
I'd look forward to it even if it was a framed picture of you winking and posing like Fonzy.

Actually, that would be pretty funny.....:lol:

Ooo! A family tree? Those are so fascinating. When I went to a family reunion thing during the summer, there was a guy there who was workin on putting a tree together. Very cool. :up:

And mail is excitiing!! :hyper:

Or mayybe we're weird.
Perhaps a bit of both. :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol:!

:bono: (inside box) :blahblah:

Postal worker :crack:

:lol: they would be begging for ear plugs!

Sorry I left so abruptly earlier finally got into touch with my friend that I have been playing phone tag with all week. Im off to bed now but I will be here tomorrow :).

Hope everyone has a great night :hug:

Back
Top Bottom