Pleban Girls Party - We're ready for OUR interviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_gal said:
I got a bit lost in VP's site there!

That really is excellent VP....just goes to show how a lot of it is rumoured.

Probably by anti-satanists who are so engrossed in god and everything that they spread rumours about all that stuff.

However.....sacrifice and the magic rituals. Yeah, theyre a tad freaky....which still gives me the impression that the people who follow the fait are a bit weird :lol:

"Young women generally wear sexually suggestive clothing; older women wear all black."

Is there a reason for this?

I'm not like extremly feministic or anythin.....not at all. But that seems silly. It also seems like a very modernised way for men to have sexual feelings for young girls at church! :huh:

The werid and wonderful path of faith and religion eh?

My understanding of it and interpretation of it (the clothing) would be that they are embracing their sexuality and their sexual feelings, as opposed to covering it up.

This is very simplistic, but they just sound like a bunch of hedonists. :lol:

I agree, BG - about so much of what people think they know being rumor and speculation. thanks VP - I'm always looking for good sources of information like that :up:

VintagePunk said:

Awesome Sami!! *sniff* *wipes away a tear of pride* :D

Funny that you say that about history teachers, because the entire history department at Sarah's school are a bunch of slackers. They show up late for class, leave early... :lol:

:lol: I had an INCREDIBLE history teacher last year, I loved him so much. Really great guy all-around, and awesome teacher. I had an A in there every quarter.

I love the teacher I have this year too, but he doesn't teach. He's the funny guy teacher who actually graduated from our school and now he teaches there :lol: He's hilarious but he will start lecturing and then he will go off on a tangent about potatoes or something for the rest of the period :| It's funny, but I need to learn this stuff!!! He really expects us to teach ourselves, and I know it's an AP class but he's gotta understand that we need some guidance, we aren't IN college yet! He's supposed to be preparing us for college, not acting like we're in it!

/rant

:reject:

sami0201 said:

:lol: in this case I think editing is wiping it out and starting over! :lmao:

isn't it really late there? :ohmy:

Not for me.....the local vampire around here :lol:

It's coming up to 2am here....and i will go to bed soon :wink:

:laugh: I'm good at editing my stuff! The problem with it though is that it takes me about a week to do...rather than two or three days :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

:yes: That's exactly it. He discusses a lot about the collective unconscious, as well.

:lol: Maybe they don't like him. :wink: His archetype stuff is my favourite, I don't know why...but I'm really drawn to it. I really like Caroline Myss' interpretations of it too and have done a few of her activities related to them.

Yeah, I think that's probably the case. Some of his theories are way out there, and there's no way of testing them, no empirical evidence for them, and so they've found better ways of explaining some of the phenomena that he promoted. However, it's still odd that he's not studied in a program like mine. Freud had some stuff that was pretty out there as well, but it all serves as the basis for research and learning that came later. They all contributed.

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, I think that's probably the case. Some of his theories are way out there, and there's no way of testing them, no empirical evidence for them, and so they've found better ways of explaining some of the phenomena that he promoted. However, it's still odd that he's not studied in a program like mine. Freud had some stuff that was pretty out there as well, but it all serves as the basis for research and learning that came later. They all contributed.

Yeah that's exactly it. No matter how "out there" some of the original thoughts and theories were, they were still essential to the whole picture. :up: My sex psych professor HATED Freud with a burning passion. It was so fun to get him going on the subject :lol:

bono_gal said:

Not for me.....the local vampire around here :lol:

It's coming up to 2am here....and i will go to bed soon :wink:

:laugh: I'm good at editing my stuff! The problem with it though is that it takes me about a week to do...rather than two or three days :lol:

:lol: what time do you have to get up for school?!

FlyYourKite said:

Yeah that's exactly it. No matter how "out there" some of the original thoughts and theories were, they were still essential to the whole picture. :up: My sex psych professor HATED Freud with a burning passion. It was so fun to get him going on the subject :lol:

There is so much that we know see is wrong or misguided about Freud, but coming from where he was coming from - which is like starting with less than nothing - he made leaps and bounds in a new direction, and thank God that he did, because look at what he started! :up:

My favorite Psych prof (from just last year, actually) is so funny when you get him talking about Freud :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

My understanding of it and interpretation of it (the clothing) would be that they are embracing their sexuality and their sexual feelings, as opposed to covering it up.

This is very simplistic, but they just sound like a bunch of hedonists. :lol:

Yeah....i think you could say that :lol:

I dont really have a faith/religion.

I know that sounds a bit weird but the whole thing just baffles me so much I dont know what to believe.

I'm christened a roman catholic but ive never read through the bible.....or practised the teachings of it.

Nor am i at mass often :shrug:

I think the purpose of it is to give people an answer to the ultimate questions in life. And it's our ancestors that have made up the answers, and now us being their children have to beleive it...because what other answer is there?

I dont particularly beleive in God either.

Just a spirit or a being that people have made to be this angel.

but what about the other "gods" people worship?....hindus have loads of them. Who's to say which God is infact the almighty?

Also, i think faith is something that people have to hold onto during the time of losing a loved one. Knowing that you are going to see them again in the after life is such a secure feeling.

Woah.....how much did i go off on one then?

sami0201 said:

:lol: I had an INCREDIBLE history teacher last year, I loved him so much. Really great guy all-around, and awesome teacher. I had an A in there every quarter.

I love the teacher I have this year too, but he doesn't teach. He's the funny guy teacher who actually graduated from our school and now he teaches there :lol: He's hilarious but he will start lecturing and then he will go off on a tangent about potatoes or something for the rest of the period :| It's funny, but I need to learn this stuff!!! He really expects us to teach ourselves, and I know it's an AP class but he's gotta understand that we need some guidance, we aren't IN college yet! He's supposed to be preparing us for college, not acting like we're in it!

/rant

:reject:

I think that part of the reason at Sarah's school could be that the two department heads are also heads of the gifted program that Sarah is in, and those kids are, for the most part, more studious, mature and trustworthy (in general, not in all cases, or course)...so teachers think it's okay to leave them on their own, or let them work independently, as opposed to babysitting them. And I think in her class this semester, about half of the classes have either been movies or library research periods. Of course, she daydreams during the movies and surfs the net or visits with friends in the library. :lol:

sami0201 said:

:lol: what time do you have to get up for school?!

Thats the beauty of a teachers strike Sami :drool:

Theyve all decided to protest tomorrow...and i dont fancy fighting my way through a picket line :lol:

Ordinarily Id have to be up at 8:30 though :yes:.....wednesday 11-1....not a bad day!

VintagePunk said:

I think that part of the reason at Sarah's school could be that the two department heads are also heads of the gifted program that Sarah is in, and those kids are, for the most part, more studious, mature and trustworthy (in general, not in all cases, or course)...so teachers think it's okay to leave them on their own, or let them work independently, as opposed to babysitting them. And I think in her class this semester, about half of the classes have either been movies or library research periods. Of course, she daydreams during the movies and surfs the net or visits with friends in the library. :lol:

:lol:

am I gonna get in trouble if my whole essay is only 2 typed pages double spaced :reject:

FlyYourKite said:

Most people in the field today hate Freud, but I admire him, and see where many of his theories have allowed us to advance our knowledge. As well, many of the things he believed in (hysterical illness in women, as he called it, now better known as psychosomatic symptomes)...some of that could have been valid, back in the Victorian Era! Women were definitely oppressed back then. There's no way of knowing, now...

bono_gal said:

Yeah....i think you could say that :lol:

I dont really have a faith/religion.

I know that sounds a bit weird but the whole thing just baffles me so much I dont know what to believe.

I'm christened a roman catholic but ive never read through the bible.....or practised the teachings of it.

Nor am i at mass often :shrug:

I think the purpose of it is to give people an answer to the ultimate questions in life. And it's our ancestors that have made up the answers, and now us being their children have to beleive it...because what other answer is there?

I dont particularly beleive in God either.

Just a spirit or a being that people have made to be this angel.

but what about the other "gods" people worship?....hindus have loads of them. Who's to say which God is infact the almighty?

Also, i think faith is something that people have to hold onto during the time of losing a loved one. Knowing that you are going to see them again in the after life is such a secure feeling.

Woah.....how much did i go off on one then?

I have the same questions and doubts that you do. :hug:

That site that I gave you...look up Universal Unitarianism. That's probably closest to my beliefs.

It's a Humanist religion, and right now, in this day and age, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

BG!!!

You ARE my daughter. :wink:
I think along the same lines as you do.
Mine stems from the fact that I studied so many religions in college and high school. After learning all the 'stories' and teachings and 'ways' it truely is hard to believe that one religion is better than another.
And I simply cannot stand for it when one religion makes little of or condems another belief just because it doesn't match their own.
When I do go to church, I sit in the front pew.
I take notes.
I make sure that the pastor gets the info when he or she has made a mistake or an accusation.
And I have gotten up and walked out in the middle of a sermon before, not being too shy about the fact that I am not pleased with the crap I have just heard.

BTW, my pastor loves me!!
We really are best buds.

I think everyone faces those questions, BG :hug: (and VP) :)

It's all up to you to decide, in the end.; and with something so big, so important, you want to ask a lot of questions, find out about a lot of things :yes:

My questions have brought me back to my faith and bound me to it even more, the more I seek, the the more I learn, the stronger my faith gets

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

:laugh:

That used to happen to me at my old school!

I was on the "Gifted & Talented" program apparantley and they used to basically say "yeah, your quite clever like so go play with a bunsen burner"

What did annoy about those things though was the little courses they would put you on.

They were stupid and pointless :angry:

Like, revison courses and stuff....basically a wasted day out of lessons.

So glad im not at school anymore :drool:

They have a post 16 education centre at my old high school and apparantley they still have the same programs!

VintagePunk said:

I have the same questions and doubts that you do. :hug:

That site that I gave you...look up Universal Unitarianism. That's probably closest to my beliefs.

It's a Humanist religion, and right now, in this day and age, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

me too! I took one of those online quiz things and I got that I am closest to Universal Unitarianism :yes:

My family is Jewish, but I really can't bring myself to be devoted to one religion. I just don't understand it- I can't explain it. It's probably partly because of my upbringing (we never go to temple or anything like that, and we don't even really celebrate any holidays- my dad doesn't believe in it) but I think you can believe whatever you want...I believe, and I have faith- I just don't know exactly in what (if that makes any sense :huh: )

Sad_Girl said:
I think everyone faces those questions, BG :hug: (and VP) :)

It's all up to you to decide, in the end.; and with something so big, so important, you want to ask a lot of questions, find out about a lot of things :yes:

My questions have brought me back to my faith and bound me to it even more, the more I seek, the the more I learn, the stronger my faith gets

Honestly, and I don't mean to offend anyone here - the more I learn about Christianity, the more I'm turned off. It wasn't till I started learning that I started having doubts.

I believe in a higher power. In fact, I believe that we are all worshipping the same higher power, we just call Him/Her by different names.

I believe that man has taken religion and bastardized it, and made it to suit his purposes, using to justify all sorts of evils, and wrong-doings against others.

I also believe that if you essentially do your best to live a good life, be fair and kind to others (do unto others...), help those in need...you'll be on the plus side for whatever, if anything, awaits us after this world. Certainly better than hypocrites who attend services, then spend the rest of their time living badly and selfishly, hurting others.

The Rev. who did my brother in law's service made a point of laughing about just that - he didn't attend church, but sought to help and touch the lives of others in so many ways. The Rev. said that there are people in his own congregation whose souls he fears for...but he was confident in the fate of my brother in law. :)

greeneyedgirl said:
BG!!!

You ARE my daughter. :wink:
I think along the same lines as you do.
Mine stems from the fact that I studied so many religions in college and high school. After learning all the 'stories' and teachings and 'ways' it truely is hard to believe that one religion is better than another.
And I simply cannot stand for it when one religion makes little of or condems another belief just because it doesn't match their own.
When I do go to church, I sit in the front pew.
I take notes.
I make sure that the pastor gets the info when he or she has made a mistake or an accusation.
And I have gotten up and walked out in the middle of a sermon before, not being too shy about the fact that I am not pleased with the crap I have just heard.

BTW, my pastor loves me!!
We really are best buds.

Hahaha.....my momma! :love:

Go you for walking out!

Id believe in the catholic church if the catholic church believed in itself.

My priest is basically an alocoholic with a title.

He drinks more than my dad!...and thats a lot!

Aswell as that, he curses and makes fun of people in the local pub. My dads told me about how he's had to calm him down cos he gets all ariated.

VP- I will look that up :yes:

SG- I know everyone faces them....but i do think we only really get the answer after death. Because I really do believe those questions can be answered :yes:

I also think i have my own faith :yes:

e.g. stupidity gets on my nerves.....but does that make me a satanist?

Nope!

I dont particularly believe in God......does that make me a non-believer?

Nope!

Maybe an athiest....but im not so sure :shrug:

VintagePunk said:

Honestly, and I don't mean to offend anyone here - the more I learn about Christianity, the more I'm turned off.

I feel the same VP. I was baptized, raised as a Catholic and went to a Catholic elementary school. But once I was able to think for myself and make my own decisions, I was turned off by it. I despised my religion classes in high school and couldn't stand my teacher and some of the real fundamentalists in my classes.

That being said, I certainly recognize it means a lot to many people. It just doesn't for me. :shrug:

Funerals.....
ever been to one for someone who wasn't a member of a church, but the pastor doing the service goes on and on about what a great person she was and all that crap, and you and your family/friends are looking at each other with that "WTF?" look?

:lmao: Sorry, its just something that happened to me.

sami0201 said:
VP that's freaky :ohmy: Everything you're saying is exactly how I feel about this kind of stuff

OMG, come up here and come to a Universal Unitarianism church with Sarah and I!! :hyper:

I swear that as soon as I find one with afternoon services (not morning :yawn: ), I am SO there. :wink: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom