Pleban Girls Party - we're here through thick and thin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
file003.jpg

Jeffy says it's time for bed :wave:

I'll be back after he falls asleep :) :heart:

sami0201 said:

She's going to be exhausted! :lol: But I'm so excited for her, and so jealous! :laugh: :wink:

I wish Bri could help, but this lab is so complex and there's so many numbers, I don't think it would be possible to do it over the internet. :sigh: :lol: I'm going to copy my friend's in the morning if I have time (I hope I do) but she might have completely different numbers than me because the labs are based on our measurements. I'm just praying that she got something around the same numbers as me.

Now I'm watching Larry sing :happy: :lol:

You should talk your parents into taking you. :wink: Several close friends from her inner circle are also going, so I'm happy about that - I hope they keep her too busy to get homesick. :)

Sorry that chem is so hard. Teachers :madwife:

Hi, Diane! :hug:

I think I'm the only sim in history who waited until after her wedding to ... well, you know.

and thank you for the compliment.

Last edited:
jobob said:
Hi, Diane! :hug:

I think I'm the only sim in history who waited until after her wedding to ... well, you know.

Now, I'm no prude...but I think that's kind of sweet, actually!

I just hope SimDiane isn't using Britney Spears as a role model, having two babies in a little over a year! :giggle:

circa1992 said:
I hate Hemingway! :grumpy:

Now, I'd be the first to say Hemingway was a man's man, very macho. Ran with the bulls and all that. But, he was an excellent writer.

What's your problem with Hemingway, Sarah?

jobob said:

Now, I'd be the first to say Hemingway was a man's man, very macho. Ran with the bulls and all that. But, he was an excellent writer.

What's your problem with Hemingway, Sarah?

His book that I have to read and do projects on for school is putting me asleep :yawn: :grumpy:

circa1992 said:

:yes: For every 10 pages, we are supposed to write 3 things from the book that we didn't understand or found interesting. The we have to write out reaction to that, and get a friend to write a reaction to our reaction. :rant:

My mom told me to write in the my reaction part, "I believe that this is a dumb/stupid, worthless assignment on a boring/meaningless book. I think that it is wroiong that you are making us do this. That is my reaction to this book." :lmao: But I'm too good a student to do that :wink:

I had to read a lot of Hemingway novels and short stories when I was in high school and college (my bachelors degree's in English): The Old Man and The Sea, The Sun Also Rises, The Snows Of Kilmanjaro, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and the Nick Adams stories. They didn't ever put me to sleep. :wink:

But I remember the teachers and profs talking about Hemingway's code of manhood, and how he thought bullfighting was the best sport -- and his very tight and short sentence structures. Maybe those sentences are what's putting you to sleep. :wink:

Last edited:
Hemingway in grade 8? :eyebrow:

*remembers reading The Outsiders (loved) and Shane (*HATED*, and the movie was worse... "Come back Shane!" *shudder*) in grade 8...*

Drea said:
Hemingway in grade 8? :eyebrow:

*remembers reading The Outsiders (loved) and Shane (*HATED*, and the movie was worse... "Come back Shane!" *shudder*) in grade 8...*

OMG, Shane was the worst!!!!! That was the last book we read and we had to watch the movie as well....:yuck: It was horrible!!!!!!

Diane L said:
Sarah, what your mom said is terrific!! :lmao:

This is my parody of Hemingway:

The man caught a fish.

It was a big fish.

He ate the fish.

THE END

:lmao: A kid in my class said that to my teacher and he got in trouble...and yet, that's exactly what I see in that book. :lol:

circa1992 said:

OMG, Shane was the worst!!!!! That was the last book we read and we had to watch the movie as well....:yuck: It was horrible!!!!!!

You poor poor thing! :hug: I can't believe they're still subjecting innocent kids to that :censored: book (Not to mention that horrible movie)! I think about that "Come back Shane!" in that whiny voice and I want to push that kid into a wall :lmao:

Drea said:

You poor poor thing! :hug: I can't believe they're still subjecting innocent kids to that :censored: book (Not to mention that horrible movie)! I think about that "Come back Shane!" in that whiny voice and I want to push that kid into a wall :lmao:

:lmao:
Exactly :wink:

I think this book might be worse though...I hope not :uhoh:

:hug:

Diane L said:
Sarah, what your mom said is terrific!! :lmao:

This is my parody of Hemingway:

The man caught a fish.

It was a big fish.

He ate the fish.

THE END

Let's just say The Old Man and The Sea is also my least favorite Hemingway novel and probably his weakest book. Why do they still insist on teaching it to high schoolers? :shrug:

jobob said:

Let's just say The Old Man and The Sea is also my least favorite Hemingway novel and probably his weakest book. Why do they still insist on teaching it to high schoolers? :shrug:

:yawn: I'm not even in highschool yet...I have to read this in 8th grade! :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom