Pleban Girls Party - We'll have a blue Christmas without U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mwah ha ha

I use you all for your opinions!

So....thoughts? Before I finish wiring everything in? We were having issues about final placements......and some yays or nays would be much apprecited. :)

IMG_0140wreath.jpg

:lol:
It's such a tiny pic!

how sad...you can't see how pretty the red ones are....

Last edited:
We bought way to much crap yesterday at the market. Mr. Cat knows how crap I've been feeling and how I hate this time of year so he let me have a free for all on crap yesterday. We even bought stuff to make hot buttered rum. I plan on getting plastered Christmas Day. :lol: I sure hope the girls don't get any toys that have to be assembled. :lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Mwah ha ha

I use you all for your opinions!

So....thoughts? Before I finish wiring everything in? We were having issues about final placements......and some yays or nays would be much apprecited. :)

IMG_0140wreath.jpg

:hmm: It's very pretty :up:

there seems to be a little bit of a bare spot on the bottom right side though. Not bad IMO; but I know you can be a bit of a perfectionist :wink:

^ thank you too! :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:hmm: It's very pretty :up:

there seems to be a little bit of a bare spot on the bottom right side though. Not bad IMO; but I know you can be a bit of a perfectionist :wink:

Thank you!

Actually, the bare spot is supposed to be on purpose. Kinda a C shape....
Our issues were actually how o make it look right. *le sigh*
See, my aunt made one for us years ago.....and her house has similar colours to ours, so we've been making a similar one for her.

Me? A perfectionist? nah...................:wink:

Oh, I suppose I should say hello to be polite. :tongue:

Hello ladies! :hug:s

~BrightestStar~ said:

Thank you!

Actually, the bare spot is supposed to be on purpose. Kinda a C shape....
Our issues were actually how o make it look right. *le sigh*
See, my aunt made one for us years ago.....and her house has similar colours to ours, so we've been making a similar one for her.

Me? A perfectionist? nah...................:wink:

Ok, like I said, it didn't look bad, but that was something that look a bit different from the overall so I thought I'd make sure you knew about it.

It really is a pretty wreath, I like the colors :up:

Sad_Girl said:

Ok, like I said, it didn't look bad, but that was something that look a bit different from the overall so I thought I'd make sure you knew about it.

It really is a pretty wreath, I like the colors :up:

We've been staring at it so long, it's entirely possible that even if it hadn't been on purpose it probably would have escaped our notice. :lol:

Remember the like 3 hrs searching for flowers?
Meet the fruit of our labors. :lol:

Thank you ladies! :hug:
I trust that females with such good eyes for the finer things in life :wink:..would also have worthy judgement for such materialistic things such as these.

Last edited:
Bri I really like it as well. It took me a minute I thought it said before you write everything in. :lol: Very pretty. :yes:

VintagePunk said:
Gorgeous, Bri!!! :heart:

When is mine going to be done? :wink:

Right after she is done with mine. :wink: :lol:

SG I swear I'm so loving every post you do now thanks to your signature. Do you have the larger version of it? There's just something about it. :drool:

Random Christmas poll: What do you guys eat for your big meal on Christmas Day?

I hate holidays for many depressing reasons and this year we are sort of doing the anti-holiday, it will probably just be Mr. Cat and I and the girls so I have to cook something for us cuz I don't think pizza will be delivered that day :lol: so I'm trying to come up with ideas. I'm tired of turkey.

Russty Cat said:
Random Christmas poll: What do you guys eat for your big meal on Christmas Day?

I hate holidays for many depressing reasons and this year we are sort of doing the anti-holiday, it will probably just be Mr. Cat and I and the girls so I have to cook something for us cuz I don't think pizza will be delivered that day :lol: so I'm trying to come up with ideas. I'm tired of turkey.

We almost always have a baked ham, and then a ton of appetizers and desserts. I make my traditional Crab Dip (One of the two things I can prepare for pot-luck style dinners :wink: ) and I make good and sure someone is bringing a chocolate silk pie :drool:

and here's the bigger version of my sig :D
VertigoU2OSCMP27.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ and ^^ :laugh:!

Clone!! *clings* :heart:

Thank you!

:lol:!

You write my psych exam on saturday, and I'll have you one for christmas. :D

Hmm...I could probably do that. Although I have to warn you - earlier tonight, one of Sarah's friends asked her on MSN where the motor cortex is located, and I had to look it up. :reject: :lol:

Russty, we typically do the whole turkey with all the trimmings thing. The one year we didn't was the year that my dad died. We weren't in the Christmas mood, so we went to a resort for a few days, and spent Christmas there. We had prime rib. :)

See you later Bri :hug: :heart: :clonelove:

THank you SG for the larger picture. I just love it for some reason. The textures and the colors in the picture are great.

As for Christmas, the closer it gets the sadder I get. Its just a really hard time of year for me and this one will probably be the worst. Its our first major holiday without Louise, my friend who passed away. And my mom has to have surgery 2 days before Christmas so she will be hospitalized Christmas day. If it doesn't go well I will have to drive 600 miles to be with her. But I'm trying to hold off on doing that at her request. And to top it off my brother recently over dosed on drugs yet again. So its going to be a banner Christmas here. :lol: :|

My nine year anniversary is also coming up 3 days before Christmas. I feel alot of drinking coming on in the next few weeks.

We might end up having ham for Christmas cuz its easy and the kids like it. But I was trying to get a bit into the spirit of it and was going to try to do some food that are traditions in other countries. And I'm going to get poppers or some people call them crackers that are popular over in Europe for Christmas.

Sorry I sort of dropped off the face of the earth for a little bit there girls. :lol: One of my friends was freaking out about our exam so we were going over some stuff. I think I'm going to call it a night though, hope everyone has a good sleep! :hug: :heart:

Russty - Two of my mom's friends just got fired this week. Merry Fucking Christmas, eh? :eyebrow: I just hope their boss gets a visit from three ghosts on Christmas eve.

:hug: I'm sorry that it's going to be a difficult Christmas for you. It's going to be very low-key here, not a lot of money for a celebration. It'll be alright, though, we know how to enjoy the time we get to be together; it definitely changes once you've lost a loved one. :heart:

It sounds like you've got some pretty good holiday plans, though. Enjoy your kids, have a nice (but simple :wink: ) meal and I like the idea of introducing other traditions :up:

:hug: Night Fly, sweet dreams :heart:

Night Fly...just remember, soon it'll be over. :hug:

Russty, sorry that Christmas conjures up so many negatives for you. :hug:

I read the thread about Christmas crackers recently, and was amazed that many Americans didn't seem to know what they are - they're all over the place here!! You can buy them in any department store or supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom