PLEBAn Girls Party: We'll Go Crazy if We Don't Have Chicken Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Answerphone??

You've always wanted an Irishman to run after you :lol:

Just a shame it's the wrong one :lmao:

Ahh it'll be a huge laugh though....oh man....but still.....HOW DID I GET MYSELF INTO THIS!! And WHAT IF HE'S LISTENING???.....wait.....:drool: :combust:

Right I need to go and have my shower and make a couple of work calls :sad: But I'll do my best to be back ASAP!!! :hug:

I'm gonna head off again, I'm starting to get a really bad headache. School has started again, and I'm already behind on things. :(

I'll catch up with you all some other time :wave: :hug:

SHIT! I totally forgot about the thread! :scream: I was watching House and trying to make sense of the new timetable we got for school. It's ridiculous! It's not a regular one but now we get what days we have class and when. :huh: It's hard to explain, but let's just say it makes my life harder because I have to friggin construct my own schedule! :crack:

I'm almost wholly ignorant of Beyonce's work, I'm afraid... haven't heard that one.

Absolutely! :D

And that's great news... sounds like it improved pretty quickly! Glad you're nearly better. :up:

I can't see the comparison with the Beyonce lyrics myself. I just checked her song out. Its probably one of the worst songs ive seen from her. I mean im not a fan but it was very blah. :shrug:

Thanks. :hug: Im not great yet but am alot better. Im getting there. :D

Jem you do realise I'm the freak who played WITS consecutively for three months right? :wink :

:lmao : Oh gals, I got a storie for you!

My dad and me were downstairs, and after dinner he asked me about the U2 tour, when it was starting... so I told him the rumours I know, and he asked me where I was going. So I replied with Dublin, London and ofcourse Holland. So he started thinking, like, mmm if they time that right.....

I knew what was coming, so I told him I'm NOT taking you with me! :lol : I told him I'm planning to go with only females, and that I am NOT taking my dad with me on that!

:lmao : Can you imagine how it would look, if my friggin' DAD would come with me. Hell no. I wanna be able to gossip with you gals and have a good time, not have him with me! He doesn't even LIKE U2.

:lol: I forgot about your WITS marathon.

You should come to Manchester GG. We have an awesome stadium with great sounds which is so accessible from Manchester city centre. Its so close you can walk home to your hotel chanting U2 songs with other fans as you walk in your thousands. :drool:

My dad was disappointed i didn't get him a ticket for the Vertigo Tour :scratch :

I was like " You don't even like U2" :confused :

He said that he had heard they were good live

Maybe our dad's could go together :lmao :

:lol: Maybe your dad wanted to bond with you over and U2 was en excuse. :cute: Or maybe hes just a closet fan. :lol::shh:

You should do Manchester aswell. You never got to come last tour did you. It needs a Pleban invasion. :evil: Its the best placed stadium ever and there's an ASDA next door to get food/drink from while your in GA. Think there's a cafe in there too :up:

:wave : Jem - headphones are a wonderful thing... and I don't have to answer a phone! :lol:

:doh: Never thought of headphones. I couldn't get away with doing that at my work unfortunately. :wink:

I have a GOYB MP3 if anyone wants it:drool:

You sound like i did trying to pimp it out yesterday. :lmao:

I like!! I like very much!! :yippie :

Its awesome isn't it. :drool:

I must get some sexy boots for the tour :shifty :

I've got my sexy boots already. :drool::hyper: Bring the tour on. :drool:

I'm gonna head off again, I'm starting to get a really bad headache. School has started again, and I'm already behind on things. :(

I'll catch up with you all some other time :wave : :hug :

Aww. Hope the headache improves. :hug::wave:

SHIT! I totally forgot about the thread! :scream: I was watching House and trying to make sense of the new timetable we got for school. It's ridiculous! It's not a regular one but now we get what days we have class and when. :huh: It's hard to explain, but let's just say it makes my life harder because I have to friggin construct my own schedule! :crack:

Damn schedules. :madwife: I kinda understand the frustration. We just got told at work that we are to have scheduled breaks and work pick them out for us. So one day my afternoon break can be at 15.15 and the next at 16.50. WTF!!?! I eat on my morning and afternoon breaks so this mucks up my eating habits. :grumpy: They only thing i can do about it is move my lunch break later. still doesn't solve my eating in the morning problem. :|

:wave::wave::wave:

no one's aroind..............

hopfully I'll be in THIS AFTERNOON ---
just got off the train from :yippie::yippie: DC -
cafe is just a few blocks away~ :D

going to try & take a listen to the new song :hyper::hyper:
and bop into a few other threads. bbl

:hug:s take care every one :)

I can't see the comparison with the Beyonce lyrics myself. I just checked her song out. Its probably one of the worst songs ive seen from her. I mean im not a fan but it was very blah. :shrug:

Thanks. :hug: Im not great yet but am alot better. Im getting there. :D

:lol: I forgot about your WITS marathon.

You should come to Manchester GG. We have an awesome stadium with great sounds which is so accessible from Manchester city centre. Its so close you can walk home to your hotel chanting U2 songs with other fans as you walk in your thousands. :drool:

Me neither. The lyrics are actually very serious. If people want to compare it with Beyonce, fine. But at least read the lyrics and then judge again. It's no lighthearted poppy bullshit, it's a political statement!

:wink: Just be sure to be better before the tour!

:hmm: Manchester eh? Perhaps another date to add... :uhoh: not sure how I'm gonig to do that financially, how much money should I save per date? I have no clue about this since it'll be my first time!

Damn schedules. :madwife: I kinda understand the frustration. We just got told at work that we are to have scheduled breaks and work pick them out for us. So one day my afternoon break can be at 15.15 and the next at 16.50. WTF!!?! I eat on my morning and afternoon breaks so this mucks up my eating habits. :grumpy: They only thing i can do about it is move my lunch break later. still doesn't solve my eating in the morning problem. :|

Wow, that's pretty weird. I'd NEED a normal lunch break around the same time every day, otherwise I'll be hungry one day and not so hungry the next. :crack:

Well our schedule is now shown like
MONDAY
*class + date + time + classroom*
*class blablah
TUESDAY
for every class this, and for dates up to JUNE.
Our old one was a nice table with everything listed per day, like per date, not per DAY of the week.

OH MY GOD!!!

I just have to tell someone, and most of all I want to call my dad to have him come home before my mother gets back, but I don't know how appriciated that would be...

My little brother, who has autism and Aspbergers Syndrom (I don't know if that is spelled correctly, and I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but there you go) has been suspended from school, I'm not sure for how long... for threatening to kill one of his teachers!

He's seventeen, and although I've never actually been scared of him, he can get crazy mad and start hitting people for small things, like him not being able to watch the "right" TV channel. There's usually no problem for any of us at home to defend ourself, he gets scared himself when he's like that, so most of the time, he throws a punch and then runs away, and it very sporadic so most of the time he never manage to hit, or if he does, it's not in a "bad" place (although I'm not sure what would be a good place) so he never really hurts anyone. Still, as I said, he's seventeen, so it's still a pretty powerful punch and it's not really something you look forward to.

My mother was called in to try to come and get him, he refused to leave the school grounds when they asked him, and he's so upset that he just keeps threatening everyone. He's just broken up with his girlfriend, and he gets a little unstable when he's emotional, so that might have something to do with it. Understand that I'm not making excuses, I think what he did was terrible and inexcusable, and I'm not really looking forward to when they come home, 'cause even if he's calmed down, he'll be in a really bad mood... :sigh:

Wow, sorry to hear that Jez!
It's Asperger syndrom in English.
Does he have meds/therapy for that? It sounds like he's somehow in control of himself, and fears himself when losing control. Odd situation.
I'm agreeing that it's a terrible thing he did, but it can mainly be explained that he can't help himself.

He has high functioning autism, so most of the time he's "normal", maybe a bit childish and has no real concept of social boundaries, but he's not what I've seen other autistic kids be. It's like, he's aware of the real world, and he lives in the real world, but he's trying to match the real world with the world he has in his mind, and sometimes they just don't match, and that's when he gets frustrated and lashes out.

They're home now, and as I predicted, he's in a really bad mood. He wants mum to call the school and tell them he is never coming back, and he starts screaming when she tells him she can't and won't. Apparently, from what he says, he threatened to beat the crap out of his teacher if she wasn't honest with him, and he's only suspended for the rest of the week. He goes to a special school, so the teachers there are aware of his problems, and are trained to deal with kids like this, but none the less, what he did was too serious. Hopefully, he'll calm down enough during this time off to go back to school next week. He'll get nowhere in life if he doesn't finish school...

Oh, and he doesn't have meds/therapy, but maybe after this... :shrug:

: lmao: Can you imagine how it would look, if my friggin' DAD would come with me. Hell no. I wanna be able to gossip with you gals and have a good time, not have him with me! He doesn't even LIKE U2.
I don't get why people who don't like U2 still want to see their concerts... just takes tickets away from people who DO like them! :grumpy: Are people really silly enough to see it as a status symbol or something? :confused:

:wave:

:hug:

: hmm: Manchester eh? Perhaps another date to add... :uhoh: not sure how I'm gonig to do that financially, how much money should I save per date? I have no clue about this since it'll be my first time!
My advice would be, as much as possible!! I haven't exactly done the whole travelling to shows thing, but I stayed in a hotel for the two Melb shows, and across the whole weekend, I probably spent about $700. That was tickets/accomodation/food/merch/etc... I wasn't really trying to be budget-conscious. I was sharing the accomodation four to a room, though. Throw in some air fares and convert to however much things cost in the UK/Europe... :yikes:

Still... Manchester... :hmm:

I just have to tell someone, and most of all I want to call my dad to have him come home before my mother gets back, but I don't know how appriciated that would be...

Jez, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything goes okay when he gets home... It must be hard. :hug: Take care!

He has high functioning autism, so most of the time he's "normal", maybe a bit childish and has no real concept of social boundaries, but he's not what I've seen other autistic kids be. It's like, he's aware of the real world, and he lives in the real world, but he's trying to match the real world with the world he has in his mind, and sometimes they just don't match, and that's when he gets frustrated and lashes out.

They're home now, and as I predicted, he's in a really bad mood. He wants mum to call the school and tell them he is never coming back, and he starts screaming when she tells him she can't and won't. Apparently, from what he says, he threatened to beat the crap out of his teacher if she wasn't honest with him, and he's only suspended for the rest of the week. He goes to a special school, so the teachers there are aware of his problems, and are trained to deal with kids like this, but none the less, what he did was too serious. Hopefully, he'll calm down enough during this time off to go back to school next week. He'll get nowhere in life if he doesn't finish school...

Oh, and he doesn't have meds/therapy, but maybe after this... :shrug:

Yea after you posted it I read the article on wikipedia. And wow, I think the weird kid we've known for so many years has asperge. well, a different kind than your brother, because this guy flees the scene instead of going mad. but ALL the symptoms fit!

Hm, it sounds like he indeed cannot understand your mom's point, and we don't understand his. I hope he'll realise while he's off school that he really needs to go back there.

I don't get why people who don't like U2 still want to see their concerts... just takes tickets away from people who DO like them! :grumpy: Are people really silly enough to see it as a status symbol or something? :confused:

My advice would be, as much as possible!! I haven't exactly done the whole travelling to shows thing, but I stayed in a hotel for the two Melb shows, and across the whole weekend, I probably spent about $700. That was tickets/accomodation/food/merch/etc... I wasn't really trying to be budget-conscious. I was sharing the accomodation four to a room, though. Throw in some air fares and convert to however much things cost in the UK/Europe... :yikes:

!

Well I think my dad is mostly wanting to go to Dublin, and perhaps because we both want to go to Ireland, and my mom doesn't, so perhaps some kinda bonding thing?

:lol: Damn. I should save a lot more then! And check what times the concerts start, because our last trains leave around 00.30 and 1 am, so it'd be cheapergreat if I could catch the Dutch concerts and go home the same night.
:crack: I have about 1000 euros saved, and I fear that it won't be enough.
I need to buy a Wii too, and the bassplaying for dummies book, and schoolbooks ofcourse, and guitar hero... :crack: and the new album, and Bono's scarf...

Well I think my dad is mostly wanting to go to Dublin, and perhaps because we both want to go to Ireland, and my mom doesn't, so perhaps some kinda bonding thing?

:lol: Damn. I should save a lot more then! And check what times the concerts start, because our last trains leave around 00.30 and 1 am, so it'd be cheapergreat if I could catch the Dutch concerts and go home the same night.
:crack: I have about 1000 euros saved, and I fear that it won't be enough.
I need to buy a Wii too, and the bassplaying for dummies book, and schoolbooks ofcourse, and guitar hero... :crack: and the new album, and Bono's scarf...

Aw, bonding :cute:

I've got a fair bit saved up, but it's going to cost me over $3000 to go to Mexico for my friend's wedding, so that will eat away at a good chunk of it. Never thought I'd wish for another tour delay! (Although definitely not for the same reason as the last one.)

I know what you mean... so much stuff to buy! I wouldn't mind getting hold of that Bass Playing for Dummies book either. :giggle:

I gotta run... I should never turn this machine on before work in the morning! But I wanted to check the forecast... 34C and showers. :crack:

I see your name there, Dazz :wink:

:wave: :hug:

101 listens. Someone stop me. :crack:
:reject:

:lol: :hug:

I remember how many U2/Bono fans who had at that point seen them live were so amazed at Bono's voice on Miss Sarajevo. I was so intrigued to hear it for myself (they hadn't done it at their NYC May 05 show), butno that easy for e to acess that stuff.

THEN I heard about the British version of ABOY with Miss S on the B-side with one other.I finally found a copy in (RIP) Tower records Import section.
After my first listening I was like :shocked::shocked: and then proceded to play it about 53 or so times in a row over several hours. I was THAT stunned & amazed myself! :D

Just to update those of you who are interested...

We had a talk with my brother after dinner tonight, and he understands why he's suspended, he knows he was doing a bad thing, and he's ok with going back to school next week. He thinks the whole death threat thing is exaggerated (I don't know if that's spelled even remotely correct :lol: ) as he feels he only "warned" her that he was going to hit her. He firmly believes that threatening to do something, and warning is two completely different things, but after talking a bit about it, we got him to realize that in this case it's more about how the teacher understood what he said, and not really what he meant by it.

So, things are calmed down on this end, and now I'm off to take a shower and then I'm going to bed. I've longed for school to start again, but now that it has, I want some time off :lol:

Night! :wave: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom