PLEBAn Girls Party: We'll Go Crazy if We Don't Have Chicken Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are others who aren't at the site listening in through cell phones or are they just reacting to what they're being told? Sorry, I'm still confused. I wasn't on Interference for the last tour AND I'm a bit dense (visual learner and all that :rolleyes: )

Yea I can understand the confusion but it's really a bit of both really.

So are others who aren't at the site listening in through cell phones or are they just reacting to what they're being told? Sorry, I'm still confused. I wasn't on Interference for the last tour AND I'm a bit dense (visual learner and all that :rolleyes: )

Sometimes people who attended the concert would arrange to text the setlist as it happened to someone who was on Interference at the time, and they'd post it as it was happening in the thread. Other times, especially later in the tour, people figured out how to call someone and have the show play through their phone, and the person receiving the call would set up a feed and broadcast it live online (not sure how they did this, I'm technologically impaired when it comes to cell phones, I know how to make calls, text, and that's about it), and give the rest of us a link so that we could listen in. Sometimes the sound quality was quite murky, sometimes it was decent, but it was better than nothing. It was really cool and a lot of fun. :)

Sometimes people who attended the concert would arrange to text the setlist as it happened to someone who was on Interference at the time, and they'd post it as it was happening in the thread. Other times, especially later in the tour, people figured out how to call someone and have the show play through their phone, and the person receiving the call would set up a feed and broadcast it live online (not sure how they did this, I'm technologically impaired when it comes to cell phones, I know how to make calls, text, and that's about it), and give the rest of us a link so that we could listen in. Sometimes the sound quality was quite murky, sometimes it was decent, but it was better than nothing. It was really cool and a lot of fun. :)

I couldn't have explained it better VP :up:

Dumb question that y'all may or may not be able to answer (too bad GG and Drea aren't around still): What's a setlist party (in EYKIW)? I figure it's people simultaneously listening to and commenting on a concert, but how can that happen during a tour? Do people actually, oh I don't know, somehow broadcast what's going on live? Or is it just for recorded events like what just happened? :reject:

It's like the former - usually there's someone being the feed for the show to one person at home, who types in the song titles/weird happenings/lyric changes/people getting pulled up on stage, etc. What you may want to do is go back through the archives here for the setlist parties that happened during Vertigo to get an idea of what goes on :)

(Yes you did lose me to YouTube temporarily, my puter loads that stuff slow! :lol:)

dreaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....................

i set a knit/crochet challenge for myself........... :hyper: :hyper:

wanna know what it is>>>>>>>>> ?????

you'll :giggle: for sure!!!

:( you left.............

i'll be looking at the You Tube posts in the Set list then I'll be back to see if you want to know...........

I promised you girls some NYE pics, and I'm about to deliver :wink: (I just got the pics from Craig tonight :))

What I look like after 2+ sets of dancing:
ElevationNYEMeMel2.jpg

Elevation in action (full band):
ElevationNYEfullband.jpg

Kevin ("Edge") and John ("Larry"):
ElevationNYEKevJohn.jpg

Kevin, Brady ("Bono") and Mick ("Adam"):
ElevationNYEKevBradyMick.jpg

John in action:
ElevationNYEJohn.jpg

*waits to hear*

I haz returned!!

oh, man, :huh: some one took a very violent, vicious swipe at me in the setlist........so I had to respond to that......

esp 1) they don't know a thing about wheree my beleifs have come from.....listening to inteligent radio, thoughtful writings, etc........
2) i didn't say anything really terrrible (ok that is a opinion to some people. Trust me on this! :yes:

nice outfit drea!

ok......and boy I better get outta here if I want to accomplish anything!!!! LOL!!!

posting this then ETA about my projects.......

so someone I know asked me (she's very excited I'm going to the Inguration- swearing in ceremony).
Are you going to where a dress??

I said.......no! it's TOO Cold...ESP this time!

I thnk when me & sib were down in DC for Pres Clinton's (the last real USA pres) inaugural it was like 45F or so.....i was :heart: "warmish"!!!

but now with this :madwife: artic dip still affecting us it'll be closer to mid 30's F ............

SO I thot what am I going to wear and what could I make special...............

so I decided I'd wear .........black, Turquoise & royal blue,
with some kind of JEWELRY: silver wire and TQ or silver wire & beads in TQ , royal blue & and a touch of red... ( red, silver {subbing for white :D } & blue --- i hafta do a wash tomorrow around NOON! :lol: :crack:

SO the special stuff has to be aother accessorries

it was a sort of on the fly ( pause to :drool: here :D) iu've been trying to decide first what to wear.

so I grabbed a Lion Brand Thick & Quick black......now i happen to :love: black clothing but I'm really also doing for Barack's heritage....

and I plan to thinnish scartrf about ? 8 rows i think in crochet ---i've already done this yarn in ? 12 ( ort 14) and 10 stitches wide so i can make an educated guess...

then I THINK...I'm going to do thinner yarn LB - vana's Glamour Platinum either white or pale-grey with mettalic "silver" overlaid in either small chian stitch probably, (maaayyybbbeee) small single crochett or both.......
inb some kind of spiral & swirl patterns for the fancy paret.

then seprately I'm gong to either knit or crochett not sure which a very open turquoise a scarve/shawl

that will go under the black & platinum one but outside....

if I really have ANY TIME lefct :lmao::Lmao: after the jewelry making too, I thought I might use the rest of the platinum to make an ear warmer headband with a flower ot so crochetted............

SO........whatcha think drea!!!??!! :hyper:

i'tll be MY FIRST unofficial knit/crohett Olymics....iof I I make at east 2 silver, one- bronze.....all three??!?? ........ Gold, baby, golllddddddd!!! LOL

i have to leave in 5 mins so maybe i'll check in tomorrow before going to my sib's...........

sleep over so we can get to the train on time on Tues!!!

If I'm understanding right what you're doing it should work, as long as the yarns are close to the same thickness (or you double the thinner yarn to make it as thick as the thicker one) :)

It's like the former - usually there's someone being the feed for the show to one person at home, who types in the song titles/weird happenings/lyric changes/people getting pulled up on stage, etc. What you may want to do is go back through the archives here for the setlist parties that happened during Vertigo to get an idea of what goes on :)

(Yes you did lose me to YouTube temporarily, my puter loads that stuff slow! :lol:)

Got it. Thx.

Weldy is right. Normally before the gig someone here will offer to provide a live feed via there cellphone. The call is relayed to someone who has the skills to put it up on the net for everyone to listen too. If we can't get someone here to sort it out normally someone from the Zoo or another site has a contact. :)

During the live feed people discuss ( or often bitch :lmao: ) about the setlist. Its fun though. :)

Yep that's right. But it's not all discussing, we also keep track of the Setlist, like I did in the pleba thread last night, and me and Phillyfan and pepo did in EYKIW. So we have a setlist ready to add and usually Axver is the one doing that, since he works for U2gigs.com as the resident setlistarian. :wink:
Overall it's a HUGE bunch of adrenalin in that thread, so try to get in early otherwise you totally can't catch up! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom