Pleban Girls Party: We'd like to screw...with you too! (Courtesy of Bri)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CeeCee said:

Near Clone! :hug: :heart: How goes packing? I got your email but haven't the brain power to think up a response yet.

Thank you! SG gave it to me!

Well I managed to shove all my clothes in but now I have absolutely no space for any of my shoes. And I still need to find space for all the stuff that I'll be eating with, laundry stuff and all that other fun stuff. :huh: I think I'm going to have to take over some of my parents luggage space. It'll probably be the only way I'll be able to take everything.

Mucca said:

Well I managed to shove all my clothes in but now I have absolutely no space for any of my shoes. And I still need to find space for all the stuff that I'll be eating with, laundry stuff and all that other fun stuff. :huh: I think I'm going to have to take over some of my parents luggage space. It'll probably be the only way I'll be able to take everything.

What's on your list of things to bring with you? THen I can tell you what you wait and buy after you get up there and end up shipping home by mail during the last week of school.

CeeCee said:

SG! :hug: Yes, I caved to teh Blue Crack. The only productive things I did today was send a sorta fic to be betad by the other writer, print out a beta from another fic, buy and eat a double cheeseburger, apply at Target, and pick up some wonderful metalic lime green nail polish and a Dr. Pepper from Target. ;-)

Target. :drool:

Hi, Cindy! Hi, SG! Hi, TRE! Hi, Mucca! Hi, Drea!
Hugs all around! :hug:

Are Bri and/or VP also here?

CeeCee said:

Have there been any caps yet, this thread? Maybe I should do an Edgie cap for my Near Clone.

:hyper::hyper:

Just for me?? :flirt::heart:

Is there a new real here that there must at least one cap in each thread??? :drool:

SG - 3 days to go, my flight is on the 20th and then it's 3 days with no internet until I move into my dorm on the 24th.:huh:

Mucca said:

Is there a new real here that there must at least one cap in each thread??? :drool:

SG - 3 days to go, my flight is on the 20th and then it's 3 days with no internet until I move into my dorm on the 24th.:huh:

3 Days? :ohmy: :uhoh: It'll be like living in the dark ages! :yikes:

:laugh:

CeeCee said:

What's on your list of things to bring with you? THen I can tell you what you wait and buy after you get up there and end up shipping home by mail during the last week of school.

Alarm clock
batteries and charger
mug, plate, bowl
Hair dryer
Towels
Umbrella
Digicam
All the usual personal items
2 pairs of runners, a pair of dress shoes and sandals
I'm debating whether to bring two winter jackets or just one. I have a ski jacket and a down-filled jacket. I don't know if the ski jacket will be warm enough come winter. :huh: Bringing two would take up ALOT of space though....

Hmm....that's all that's coming to mind so far that I haven't been able to make space for.

Mucca said:

Of course!

Well, not rule per se. But it's much easier to do a cap if there aren't any competeing caps out there.

Do you have 2 days of orientation? I hated orientation. Or would have had I not gotten the guide that knew all the ghost stories.

Mucca said:

Mucca! :hug: Are you getting all :hyper: yet about McGill?

Why question this new one-cap-per-thread rule? It's a good thing. Really. :wink:

Three days with no Internet service? My God, girl! How will you ever manage with no PLEBA/Interference access? It'll be like you're back in the 20th century or something! Or like you went to college back in my day! :laugh:

Yeah, like I should make fun. I'm already wondering how I'll survive being away from here on vacation for the last weekend of August and over Labor Day.

Sad_Girl said:

3 Days? :ohmy: :uhoh: It'll be like living in the dark ages! :yikes:

:laugh:

Hopefully I'll be too busy with back to school shopping to notice, which probabyl isn't very likely!

Oh well, it's 3 days of quality time with my parents before I'm completely free :evil:

Mucca said:

Alarm clock
batteries and charger
mug, plate, bowl
Hair dryer
Towels
Umbrella
Digicam
I'm debating whether to bring two winter jackets or just one. I have a ski jacket and a down-filled jacket. I don't know if the ski jacket will be warm enough come winter. :huh: Bringing two would take up ALOT of space though....

Hmm....that's all that's coming to mind so far that I haven't been able to make space for.

I would just take the down-filled one, given what I've heard about Montreal winters *g* (Like I mentioned before, one of my coworkers' daughters goes to McGill :))

Mucca said:

Alarm clock
batteries and charger
mug, plate, bowl
Hair dryer
Towels
Umbrella
Digicam

Oh this is simple! If you have a bookbag, toss your digicam into it. Take your shoes. Take one jacket, if you need the second, call home for it. Buy everythign else at the dollar store or Target or al-Mart. You can ship it all home before you leave. Better yet, for your dishes, get those heavy duty ziplock microwaveable containers. You can use them all year long and toss them at the end of the year. YOu get your money's worth. They act as bowls so that's taken care of. You can use flatter ones for plates or do what I did and buy disposable plates and keep throwing them away. Mugs are important, but you can still buy one from the dollar store that's decent, then take a marker or soemthing to it to personalize it. SO if it breaks, you're not heartbroken.

CeeCee said:

Of course!

Well, not rule per se. But it's much easier to do a cap if there aren't any competeing caps out there.

Do you have 2 days of orientation? I hated orientation. Or would have had I not gotten the guide that knew all the ghost stories.

Awwwww :hug:

I have one day of orientation. I thought it's suppose to be really fun.....or at least that's how they made it look.

jobob said:

Mucca! :hug: Are you getting all :hyper: yet about McGill?

Why question this new one-cap-per-thread rule? It's a good thing. Really. :wink:

Three days with no Internet service? My God, girl! How will you ever manage with no PLEBA/Interference access? It'll be like you're back in the 20th century or something! Or like you went to college back in my day! :laugh:

Yeah, like I should make fun. I'm already wondering how I'll survive being away from here on vacation for the last weekend of August and over Labor Day.

Sort of but it still hasn't hit me yet. It probably won't until I get on the plane. I'm getting really excited about the white water rafting trip that I'll be going to the week after I move in!! :hyper::hyper:

Exactly! I won't be able to drool over all the yummy pics that are posted daily, caps and you crazy perverted girls! Plus I've been hunting for tix to the montreal shows so that'll be 3 days gone! :huh:

Drea said:

I would just take the down-filled one, given what I've heard about Montreal winters *g* (Like I mentioned before, one of my coworkers' daughters goes to McGill :))

:yes:

-30 degrees in January...:huh:

Night Tre! :wave:

CeeCee said:

Oh this is simple! If you have a bookbag, toss your digicam into it. Take your shoes. Take one jacket, if you need the second, call home for it. Buy everythign else at the dollar store or Target or al-Mart. You can ship it all home before you leave. Better yet, for your dishes, get those heavy duty ziplock microwaveable containers. You can use them all year long and toss them at the end of the year. YOu get your money's worth. They act as bowls so that's taken care of. You can use flatter ones for plates or do what I did and buy disposable plates and keep throwing them away. Mugs are important, but you can still buy one from the dollar store that's decent, then take a marker or soemthing to it to personalize it. SO if it breaks, you're not heartbroken.

Ziplock containers, I hadn't even thought of that! That's brilliant! Thanks.

How much clothes did you bring when you went?

Mucca said:

Awwwww :hug:

I have one day of orientation. I thought it's suppose to be really fun.....or at least that's how they made it look.

My undergrad orientation was pretty cool. We basically socialized in small groups of our fellow future students for a weekend (most of whom I never saw again) and toured campus. I also remember how they had to get us out on time so the dorms could be used to house people for a Republican National Convention.

As for my grad school orientation, it was okay. They basically just showed us around campus for a few hours and talked about the requirements of the program. My graduate program got to the point of threatning not to let people continue in the program if you didn't go to its orientation. Or if you couldn't at least prove you looked at their orientation web pages.

Back
Top Bottom