Pleban Girls Party- We miss you when you're not around!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rockin edge said:

yeah, i thought he played Cash really well and the singing was remarkable :)

i didn't like how it focused on the love story so much though :shifty: i wanted more music
:drool:

Yeah, they were great weren't they? They both did incredible acting and singing jobs. :love:

:lol: Of course I loved the love story. :wink: But it was frustrating that they wouldn't get together already! :laugh: :heart:

Sami, Johnny has some amazing songs. :drool: :drool: I have a lot of it downloaded (on the other computer, unfortunately), but I really need to get some of his cds. There have been some excellent box sets and greatest hits collections in recent years.

Loretta Lynn was really big in the 70's. She was this country hick who got married at like 13 or 14, had a zillion kids, but she wrote songs about topics that no one was writing back then - women's rights, birth control, female empowerment.

It's kinda sad that mainstream country ignored these older stars for years, and that what made them cool again was the acknowledgement they got from rock performers (eg: Jack White producing and performing on Lynn's Van Lear's Rose).

sami0201 said:

Yeah, they were great weren't they? They both did incredible acting and singing jobs. :love:

:lol: Of course I loved the love story. :wink: But it was frustrating that they wouldn't get together already! :laugh: :heart:

yeah, well i'm not a fan of movies about love stories:wink:

usually :shifty:

the music made up for it though:drool:

Sami, if you want to download some good songs, get Dolly Parton's "Jolene," and her original version of "I Will Always Love You." :drool: I HATE HATE HATE what Whitney Houston did to that song, and that her version became so popular, people think it was hers. Dolly's version is SO gorgeous and understated, not all shrill like that friggin R&B diva... :mad:

sami0201 said:
VP did you get the new Rolling Stone? I haven't read it yet but there's an article about the One campaign how Bono is getting more aid to Africa than Bush. :lol:

Oh the possible jokes about this statement :lmao:

"and how much bush is he getting?' :shifty:

Is that the one with that red-headed kid on the front cover? That's the most recent one we have, and I haven't read it yet.

Every issue, Sarah plays this game - how many U2/Bono mentions are in it. There are usually at least 6 or 7. :lol:

SG :hug:

Sorry sami - not laughing at you, really :hug:

Hi guys; I didn't plan on posting; I was just checking e-mail now that Jeffy's sleeping. I thought I had some clue what it was like to be a parent before... I was wrong! Three days and one little boy with a case of the sniffles and I realize I haven't got a clue as to just how hard it really is to be a mom

VintagePunk said:
Sami, if you want to download some good songs, get Dolly Parton's "Jolene," and her original version of "I Will Always Love You." :drool: I HATE HATE HATE what Whitney Houston did to that song, and that her version became so popular, people think it was hers. Dolly's version is SO gorgeous and understated, not all shrill like that friggin R&B diva... :mad:

Well...at least you are not alone in this...both my parents HATE Whitney's version too.

I don't think I slept more than one hour, in five minute incriments last night - I just lay beside him and watched him toss and turn and sniffle and snore.

He's a LOT better today, though. Which is obviously a blessing, but at the same time one of the reasons I'm extra tired tonight :lol: that kid can play non stop all day long :heart:

My friends and I used to howl when they played the Whitney version of I will always... at school dances or whatever... :crack: Dolly's original was incredible, she also re-recorded it later as a duet with Vince Gill :up: :up: I don't like most of his music, but the man has a beautiful voice

Sad_Girl said:

Hi guys; I didn't plan on posting; I was just checking e-mail now that Jeffy's sleeping. I thought I had some clue what it was like to be a parent before... I was wrong! Three days and one little boy with a case of the sniffles and I realize I haven't got a clue as to just how hard it really is to be a mom

:hug:

yeah, being a parent must be really tough

especially with kids like me

:shifty:

:hug: Well, I need to go tuck Jeffy in and then pass out :yawn:

His mom is coming home tomorrow - His brother Jacob took fourth at the State Wrestling conference this weekend

I expect I'll be around tomorrow night; catching up on what I missed... there better be a few pages done at least! :wink:

:hug: Hi/Bye everyone!

sami0201 said:
Wait, I thought you guys were talking about Whitney Houston? :confused: :lol:

I'm getting tired. :yawn: :shifty:

We were, but Weldy kinda veered off onto Prince, whom I really like, for the record. :lol:

Night SG, hope you get more sleep tonight. :hug: And congrats to your nephew! :)

Oh, Weldy, I've been meaning to tell you - I discovered that I like the new NIN single. :shocked: I didn't realize who it was at first. Trent's voice in it reminds me of older Lenny Kravitz (who I also like, although I'm not too fond of much of his newer stuff).

Back
Top Bottom