Pleban Girls Party - We Just can't get enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is the sammy i would love to be in
passengers-bonoliam01.jpg

Russty Cat said:
I love that pic with Oprah! I hadn't seen that one before! Too cute with her wearing his glasses! :lol:

36772474-L.jpg

I'd love to be the meat in this sandwich! :lmao:

:sigh: The question is - is that TO4 with Eddie joining U2, or the PJ show two days later with Bono joining Eddie?

I haven't read much fiction for several years now, mostly because of school. But the one book I've read recently that blew me away was Love in The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Wow. So thought-provoking and beautiful.

VintagePunk said:
I haven't read much fiction for several years now, mostly because of school. But the one book I've read recently that blew me away was Love in The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Wow. So thought-provoking and beautiful.

he is amazing
simply gorgeous...

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah; I think we have :lol: I know I talk about both of them a lot, at least.

And actually there is one Horror writer I actually admire as much and whose work I enjoy even more than King or Rice and that's Dean Koontz :up: :up:

I've never read Koontz. He's one of those authors I've always meant to look up, though.

I couldn't survive without literature. For most people it's Sleep, eat and breathe....

for me it's sleep, eat, breathe and read :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I've never read Koontz. He's one of those authors I've always meant to look up, though.

Ooh! start with Odd Thomas! :hyper: I Loved that one! And/or the new Frankenstein series he did (I read the first two in two days ... and am anxiously waiting for the third to come out this summer)

i read whispers by dean koontz and one about birds that timothy hutton played the part in the movie version of but that is about it

Molly Bloom said:

have you read the sil? or the hobbit?
there are also 12 histories of middle earth to dig through...
so many things to read :wink:

I read the hobbit many years ago. I never got around to Sil, but I think we might have a copy here or up at our place in Oregon. I'm a book whore. I have way to many. :giggle: I love to read. :drool: And I'm sure I'll come home with a bunch more after my trip next week. My mother is the original book whore who loves supplying me with good ones. :lol:

I'd love to see pictures of your tats sometime. I am a huge perve for tattoos. I :heart: them. I have 6 of my own. :drool: I have 2 U2 related, a celtic cross, a St. Bridgets cross, and an anatomically correct heart with wings and needle and thread through it on my chest. Its sort of a bastarized version of a sacred heart.

Sad_Girl said:
I couldn't survive without literature. For most people it's Sleep, eat and breathe....

for me it's sleep, eat, breathe and read :lol:

That's the way I used to be, but there's nothing like having to read 300+ pages of scientific journals a week, along with other textbooks to kill the joy. :happy:

:|

I used to read several novels a week. :drool:

Russty Cat said:

I read the hobbit many years ago. I never got around to Sil, but I think we might have a copy here or up at our place in Oregon. I'm a book whore. I have way to many. :giggle: I love to read. :drool: And I'm sure I'll come home with a bunch more after my trip next week. My mother is the original book whore who loves supplying me with good ones. :lol:

I'd love to see pictures of your tats sometime. I am a huge perve for tattoos. I :heart: them. I have 6 of my own. :drool: I have 2 U2 related, a celtic cross, a St. Bridgets cross, and an anatomically correct heart with wings and needle and thread through it on my chest. Its sort of a bastarized version of a sacred heart.

oh i love books too
i am trying to learn french
but instead i am reading a lady caro bio, a book about the princes in the tower and one on egyptian mythology

Drea said:

:sigh: The question is - is that TO4 with Eddie joining U2, or the PJ show two days later with Bono joining Eddie?

I think that is from the Pearl Jam show where B came out to join them and play a tamborine. He shakes a mean tamborine. :wink:

Molly that picture of the two of them makes me :lol: but is also incredibly hot at the same time. :giggle:

VintagePunk said:

That book was so moving. It stayed with me long after I read it.

Have you read One Hundred Years of Solitude?

yes... it just made me sob ... but in a positive way...
i also really adore margret atwood and neil gaiman too

Molly Bloom said:

yes... it just made me sob ... but in a positive way...
i also really adore margret atwood and neil gaiman too

I really like Atwood's work, as well. I had The Handmaid's Tale here a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to start it, and then I think Sarah had to return it to the school library. I should see if I can get it again. Atwood herself bugs the hell out of me though. I've read some of her literary critiques, and have her Negotiating With the Dead: A Writer on Writing, and I find her personally pretentious.

I've never read Gaiman.

VintagePunk said:

I really like Atwood's work, as well. I had The Handmaid's Tale here a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to start it, and then I think Sarah had to return it to the school library. I should see if I can get it again. Atwood herself bugs the hell out of me though. I've read some of her literary critiques, and have her Negotiating With the Dead: A Writer on Writing, and I find her personally pretentious.

I've never read Gaiman.

yes she is rather full of herself.. sigh
i try to avoid reading anything but her own fiction
the robber bride is brilliant and alias grace is just chilling!

VintagePunk said:

I've never read Gaiman.

Atwood is incredible!!! :bow: Oryx and Crake :up: :up: the Handmaids Tale :up: :up: two of the best books I've ever read :bow:

:lol: I stay away from anything but her fiction, too though

You don't have to like the writer to like the writing :wink:

I'm back now, was on the phone with a friend.

All this talk of reading! :drool: I used to be a voracious reader, but have not been doing much of that lately. I really need to read more. I enjoy it so much.

Sad_Girl said:
I have a long day tomorrow, but I don't want to go to bed yet!

Eh, how needs sleep, anyway? :wink:

What do you have planned tomorrow? We shall sleep when we are dead. ;) I thought of you today when I was at the park with the kids. I was sitting there thinking damn it would be so much better if SG and Jeffy were here with us! :(

Molly Bloom said:
so, do you know the luthien legend or is that pic of my just silly to you ?

Luthien and Beren, right? From the Sil?

The Handmaid's Tale :love: I started reading it in high school when it came out in the hardcover version when it arrived in the library - didn't get to finish it till a while later when I ended up with the paperback version *g* I still have it, though it's in rough shape :wink:

Drea said:

Luthien and Beren, right? From the Sil?

The Handmaid's Tale :love: I started reading it in high school when it came out in the hardcover version when it arrived in the library - didn't get to finish it till a while later when I ended up with the paperback version *g* I still have it, though it's in rough shape :wink:

YES :D
i made the dress and had someone make the crown for me... i adore that story
tolkien based luthien on his wife

Sad_Girl said:

Atwood is incredible!!! :bow: Oryx and Crake :up: :up: the Handmaids Tale :up: :up : two of the best books I've ever read :bow:

:lol : I stay away from anything but her fiction, too though

You don't have to like the writer to like the writing : wink:

Those are two of hers that I've never read. :lol: I think I've read a great deal of the rest, though. I should go on a novel orgy. :drool:

Of course, that would mean less time here. :sad: :lol:

And yeah SG, Molly, anything I've read by her that's non-fiction causes me to loathe the woman. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom