Pleban Girls Party: Watching Beckham's Balls.....Football ones of course.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
susanp6 said:
Night clone :heart: :hug:

Who would you share the box with Weldy if you got in?

Just noticed i'm almost at 9,500 posts!

Well....one of my dad's coworker for sure....and I think a couple of other people from another company

Another reason why I'm a bit skepical is that the last time I was there....the girls from the other company got really :hyper: and rowdy....and climed the partions between the seats.....and opening the bar when it wasn't supposed to be opened.

Most of these girls weren't U2 fans...so that's why I'm a bit on the uneasy side.

I'm going to go take a shower and go to bed. First day of school tomorrow and we have a liturgy too. Woot. :|

Night everyone! :hug: I'll probably be on here in the morning if anyone is up at around 6:30 am. :wink: :lol:

Dazz, we have caught a MAJOR MAJOR break with the weather!!!! It has been phenomenal!!!! It makes up for those horrible muggy days and nights of July and August.

I haven't gotten a chance to run around Manhattan lately...I try to make it over to a rare book dealer to make some extra money on days when I'm not at the library. But I'll be there within the next couple of weeks, and hope to make some time to wander around. There's nothing better than a nice fall day in Manhattan. I'll let you know when I come in...I hope I can meet you!

Diane L said:
Hi Sami! How's school?

hi Diane! :hug: it's going pretty good..I have some great teachers this year. But I don't think I'm going tomorrow because I don't feel right (I've not been feeling well all week) and we only have half a day anyway... how are you?

DG- :hug: have a good day tomorrow, I probably won't be on tomorrow morning but I'll talk to ya when you get back!

i dspend so much time keeping up with PGP i don't get to read the fics much anymore.......

some day when i have more money, then i can get the 20$ 2 week pass and come and spend more time on the fic while not losing much PGP time....AND THEN I cna ask for all the "exxxtended" versions :lol: :wink: :drool:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Sami...I hope you feel better very soon. :hug:

Things are the same here, nothing really new. I am happy that I'll be visiting my sister the week after this...my mom is up from Florida and visiting her in New Jersey, so I'll get to see her for the first time in five months. And THAT also means I'll get to see my ultimate rock 'n' rock doggie and his sister in person!!!

Diane L said:
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Sami...I hope you feel better very soon. :hug:

Things are the same here, nothing really new. I am happy that I'll be visiting my sister the week after this...my mom is up from Florida and visiting her in New Jersey, so I'll get to see her for the first time in five months. And THAT also means I'll get to see my ultimate rock 'n' rock doggie and his sister in person!!!

that's exciting to see your family! :hug:

and thanks, I hope I feel better soon too :huh: I've never felt like this before, it's really weird. I hope nothing bad is wrong

Diane L said:
Dazz, we have caught a MAJOR MAJOR break with the weather!!!! It has been phenomenal!!!! It makes up for those horrible muggy days and nights of July and August.

I haven't gotten a chance to run around Manhattan lately...I try to make it over to a rare book dealer to make some extra money on days when I'm not at the library. But I'll be there within the next couple of weeks, and hope to make some time to wander around. There's nothing better than a nice fall day in Manhattan. I'll let you know when I come in...I hope I can meet you!

that would be fun, Diane! You have my e-m addy.... right. but also post in PLEBA or here in PGP of you see me around....

so we don't miss on contacting each other to see if we can make plans...One thing I can FINALLY do [once i find where i just moved it to :rolleyes: a few days ago] i got an increase in my modest credit card...and i can finally get my BROOKLYN U2 photos done!!!

See they need special handling sicne 2/3rds of it was dayshots and the last thrid is at night. The film has to be split up , and last third "pushed" {exposed in chems longer for the details to come up}. Then a print of the n3egatives is made....a contact sheet.
It's labor intensive so it costa aroune 30$ to have it done.

Then i can decide if i want any enlarged. Or I can save up and rent darkroom space to do it myslrf.... LIke I used :sad: to ...for my WHO, BRUCE, Patti Smith. TElevsi0on photos etc....

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: BESIDES the actaul Brklyn Concert photos...

I was in the smaller city park....much closer to the Manhattan Bridge they came over on....We were waiting to see if we could get in, after being told at theat time they were all filled up.

SO when i heard a growing !!!! commotion behind me I turned to where their attention seemed to be going and THERE WAS U2 on the Mahattan Bridge coming over!!!!

I took a pic with my normal SLR and thn the old habits kicked innicelky I was able to unscrew my reg lens and screw on the telephoto lens and get a photo or 2 of them "closer Up' on the bridge...

It was a gray day....with the tele I could see that Edge was playing a yellowish gutair......

and my poor camera dosen't work that well so I'mnot sure WHAT will come out. I'm not thrilled to have to pay 30$ for thge gamble but, if they do come out... :hyper: :drool: :drool:
After 21 yrs off & on.... of seeing them in concert {all far, faaaar away seats}.

dazzledbylight said:

that would be fun, Diane! You have my e-m addy.... right. but also post in PLEBA or here in PGP of you see me around....

so we don't miss on contacting each other to see if we can make plans...One thing I can FINALLY do [once i find where i just moved it to :rolleyes: a few days ago] i got an increase in my modest credit card...and i can finally get my BROOKLYN U2 photos done!!!

See they need special handling sicne 2/3rds of it was dayshots and the last thrid is at night. The film has to be split up , and last third "pushed" {exposed in chems longer for the details to come up}. Then a print of the n3egatives is made....a contact sheet.
It's labor intensive so it costa aroune 30$ to have it done.

Then i can decide if i want any enlarged. Or I can save up and rent darkroom space to do it myslrf.... LIke I used :sad: to ...for my WHO, BRUCE, Patti Smith. TElevsi0on photos etc....

I used to love working in a darkroom. When I was in college, I had to take a photography course as part of my major. So, I had to spend time developing film, prints, etc. I really enjoyed it.

Digital is faster and a lot easier, but I think the world will lose something if that's the only form of photography that's left.

Diane L said:

I used to love working in a darkroom. When I was in college, I had to take a photography course as part of my major. So, I had to spend time developing film, prints, etc. I really enjoyed it.

Digital is faster and a lot easier, but I think the world will lose something if that's the only form of photography that's left.

oh that's cool you did, DL!

Yeah, I kinda feel that way to about losing all the "analog" processes....!

In fact there was a brief blurb that I dhould go try and google....some one saying something related psssibly to Music's effects {healing etc} is dimisnhed>>>>? subtlely by Digital..... will have to search thT OUT.......:| HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!

Back to the Darkroom....... I love seeing the image start to emerge!!!!
I KNOW how it's done...but it STILL feels/looks like magic to me!!!!!!! :D :love:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
I'm still so glad you got to witness that first hand, Dazz! :hyper: what an amazing moment to be a U2 fan :heart:

aaawwww thanks SG..... yeah it was an amazing u2/NYC moment!!!!!

Hopefully the photos will come out and i'll be hugging the sheet while you all are living it up in TO/or CHi !!!! :| :sad: :wink:

i hope they'be be some net acess at the hotel so you all can chime in a bit before after the show? next day etc....so we can feel "the love"..... :wink:

dazzledbylight said:

aaawwww thanks SG..... yeah it was an amazing u2/NYC moment!!!!!

Hopefully the photos will come out and i'll be hugging the sheet while you all are living it up in TO/or CHi !!!! :| :sad: :wink:

i hope they'be be some net acess at the hotel so you all can chime in a bit before after the show? next day etc....so we can feel "the love"..... :wink:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there will be :D

Back
Top Bottom