PLEBAn Girls Party-Want To Trip Inside Our Heads....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that :sad: :heart:

there is little worse in this world than being sick and having someone missing in your life who would normally help so much :madwife: I'm glad to hear you had some help :heart: and that you're feeling a bit better

Ruff - the writing is going very very slowly :reject: but it is still going - and I'm sure we all have our slumps.

speaking of, have any of you seen the adds for the movie 'Stranger than fiction'? it looks SO funny! :laugh:

ruffian said:

the conference was fantastic. I usually attend strictly academic ones, but this one was interesting because there were not just professors, but lots of Africans who work in policy planning, health care organizations, for orphanages, as midwives...and it was a great chance to hear lots of perspectives on how to alleviate some of the problems the continent is facing (the focus was HIV/AIDS but of course we talked about malaria, TB, and women's issues, too). I worked hard on my presentation so it didn't suck too bad! :up:

Bono was going to try to come but he couldn't pull off the travel--but none of the Africans really even knew who he was, so no one cared :lol:

Is this the conference that was in Nashville?

Sad_Girl said:
Russty :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that :sad: :heart:

there is little worse in this world than being sick and having someone missing in your life who would normally help so much :madwife: I'm glad to hear you had some help :heart: and that you're feeling a bit better

Ruff - the writing is going very very slowly :reject: but it is still going - and I'm sure we all have our slumps.

speaking of, have any of you seen the adds for the movie 'Stranger than fiction'? it looks SO funny! :laugh:

Heck yes!! If Will Ferrell's in it...I'm there. This one looks :lmao: :lmao: funny. I can't wait. I love every movie he's done...including Talladega Nights...:reject: best movie I saw this summer. LOL

ruffian said:

the conference was fantastic. I usually attend strictly academic ones, but this one was interesting because there were not just professors, but lots of Africans who work in policy planning, health care organizations, for orphanages, as midwives...and it was a great chance to hear lots of perspectives on how to alleviate some of the problems the continent is facing (the focus was HIV/AIDS but of course we talked about malaria, TB, and women's issues, too). I worked hard on my presentation so it didn't suck too bad! :up:

Bono was going to try to come but he couldn't pull off the travel--but none of the Africans really even knew who he was, so no one cared :lol:

that sounds awesome! What a fulfilling thing to be involved with.

That's too funny about B :lol:

ruffian said:
Aww :eek: thanks Ruff :D

How've you been? Work the only thing keeping you busy, or have you been up to lots of other good stuff?

Work has been busy, but just got back from a pretty exciting conference on Africa, so that was fun. And I bought the horse that I took on trial :hyper: :hyper: he's proven to be such a GOOD boy! Just a baby but really willing, loves people, and has fallen madly in love with the barn cat, Mo:

navigatorandmo.jpg

I have to get up at the crack of dawn to make time for his training, but it's well worth it. He doesn't mind that i have chronic dark circles under my eyes :wink: [/B][/QUOTE]

Omg, that is too cute!! :love:

And he is just gorgous.

And ruff, when you have no makeup, are having a horrific hair day and have had no sleep for days you still look hot. :angry:

If I didn't love you, I'd hate you for it. :tongue:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I was just thinking of you like a half hour ago as I was reading an article for one of my classes about genetic mutations and Aids.

:nerd: that's the little girl genius I know and love.

and yes, did keep the horse. His "real" name (the one he came with) is Navigator, but his nickname is Lincoln. You can't tell from the pics, but he's huge and is going to get much bigger...so I figure the SUV play on the name works well! I swear, these are the last of the pics I'll post.

100_1013.jpg

lincoln.jpg

Russty, where are you moving? I forgot :reject: The new tattoo sounds very cool.

SG, even if it is going slowly, I give you so much credit for doing it--and I say that as someone who just hates to write. You just need a shot of inspiration and I'm sure you'll get over the slump. Are there ever writing workshops in your area? A friend of mine was really feeling stale and a workshop gave her a much-needed shot in the arm...

U2isthebest said:

Heck yes!! If Will Ferrell's in it...I'm there. This one looks :lmao: :lmao: funny. I can't wait. I love every movie he's done...including Talladega Nights...:reject: best movie I saw this summer. LOL

I had the great misfortune of being dragged to that movie :yuck: I just wish I could get those two hours back :madwife:

I usually can't stand him, but the premise of this movie looks truly hilarious

Ruff thankfully I have a good relationship with my doctor so when I knew it was getting bad I called him and asked if he could have some stuff delievered to me. Because I can give myself shots at home they delievered a bunch of stuff, but on the agreement that if I couldn't get out of bed today that I would go in and let them do some IV drips and chest x-rays. I can breathe a ton better though so I think its getting better. My fever is down to 100 when it was 104 for 3 days, so I consider it progress. I was just thankful really in a way that B wasn't here. He would have freaked and probably made me go to the hospital the first day. I didn't tell him what was going on till I'd already gotten the meds, so he couldn't really complain. :evil: He has threatened a beating though when we do see each other finally. I'm still not sure when that will be. Technically in 22 days we will all be homeless and on the road. So hopefully soon he will find us a house and a job otherwise this all could get really interesting. :lol:

HI Bri :hug:

The conference on AIDS and Africa sounds like it would be so interesting! I would have loved to have gone to that to hear all the speakers.

Sad_Girl said:

I had the great misfortune of being dragged to that movie :yuck: I just wish I could get those two hours back :madwife:

I usually can;t stand him, but the premise of this movie looks truly hilarious

i'm the only person I know who hated Anchor Man! Really, the only funny parts were all in the previews :tsk: but i know, i know, i'm a minority. (now i'm thinking of the Green Day song! :heart: )

Sad_Girl said:

I usually can;t stand him, but the premise of this movie looks truly hilarious

I usually love the more indie or dramatic movies...but on the opposite end of the spectrum..I love completely stupid humor. The new one looks awesome...I can't wait to see it.

Russty Cat said:
Ruff its really good to see you. :D I hope work and life has been treating you well. :heart:

Hi SG :hug: and Brittany :hug:

Sadly earlier this week I started feeling rather strange. Well being that I try not to over react to stuff I waited longer then I should before I got treatment for some bad infections. So I've been riding my bed for the last 4 days or so, drugged up, and sleeping pretty much all the time. It has really sucked hard. I still feel pretty nasty, but at least I can sit up right now and I've gotten two glasses of tea down and some jello. Thankfully my friend has come by and helped with the kids and brought me jello since B still isn't here. It made me realize how much he really does. It was hard being really bad when he wasn't here. :heart:

Aww hun. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon. :( :hug::heart:
At least you have your friend there, but it must be awful without B. Is he going to come back for a little bit?

ruffian said:

i'm the only person I know who hated Anchor Man! Really, the only funny parts were all in the previews :tsk: but i know, i know, i'm a minority. (now i'm thinking of the Green Day song! :heart: )

"Anchorman"...:lmao: I could quote from that movie all night long...I'll spare you..I'm such a loser...:wink:

Russty Cat said:
Ruff thankfully I have a good relationship with my doctor so when I knew it was getting bad I called him and asked if he could have some stuff delievered to me. Because I can give myself shots at home they delievered a bunch of stuff, but on the agreement that if I couldn't get out of bed today that I would go in and let them do some IV drips and chest x-rays. I can breathe a ton better though so I think its getting better. My fever is down to 100 when it was 104 for 3 days, so I consider it progress. I was just thankful really in a way that B wasn't here. He would have freaked and probably made me go to the hospital the first day. I didn't tell him what was going on till I'd already gotten the meds, so he couldn't really complain. :evil: He has threatened a beating though when we do see each other finally. I'm still not sure when that will be. Technically in 22 days we will all be homeless and on the road. So hopefully soon he will find us a house and a job otherwise this all could get really interesting. :lol:

HI Bri :hug:

The conference on AIDS and Africa sounds like it would be so interesting! I would have loved to have gone to that to hear all the speakers.

That sounds *really* scary, Russty--not to lecture you, but women so often put their own needs last (in front of their family members and everyone else). take care of yourself or you're heading for a spanking! :madwife:

Homeless could be interesting :hmm: but i have a feeling you'll land on your feet.

ruffian said:

and yes, did keep the horse. His "real" name (the one he came with) is Navigator, but his nickname is Lincoln. You can't tell from the pics, but he's huge and is going to get much bigger...so I figure the SUV play on the name works well! I swear, these are the last of the pics I'll post.

SG, even if it is going slowly, I give you so much credit for doing it--and I say that as someone who just hates to write. You just need a shot of inspiration and I'm sure you'll get over the slump. Are there ever writing workshops in your area? A friend of mine was really feeling stale and a workshop gave her a much-needed shot in the arm...

Nobody would complain about pics of such a beautiful horse :love:

and there are different groups and things which come up from time to time around here - and my sister is an english teacher and aspiring novelist, so she's very helpful as well :yes:

I'm just at a major turning point for the main character and I have more things to accomplish than I know quite how to achieve - but I've been working on the timeline a lot lately, so I should be back on my game soon

ruffian said:

That's awesome! It would have been great if Bono could've been there too. Someone posted in PLEBA that there was a USA Today article on Thurs. that said U2 is rehearsing right now...I believe it was in the "Life" section...and called "Rocking The Church"

ruffian said:

:uhoh: if you're in the minority, so am I :lol:
at least I'm in good company :D

great song :rockon:

U2isthebest said:

That's awesome! It would have been great if Bono could've been there soon. Someone posted in PLEBA that there was a USA Today article on Thurs. that said U2 is rehearsing right now...I believe it was in the "Life" section...and called "Rocking The Church"

yes, it would have been great for him to show up--i think he would have loved the audience, in that it definitely wasn't the regular collection! I heard they were going to rehearse right before the tour in Dublin, but who knows...I know they have also been in London and will be at an awards ceremony there Monday.

SG, hope it all works out with the character. I can't imagine trying to plan out the logistics of a plot and character development AND having to worry about being creative, as well :yikes:

ruffian said:

Wow, that sounds amazing!
When that AIDs conference was going on in TO, it was just...I can't describe it, when you got to hear some of the people's expereinces. Those who actually live it.

And I'm sure you did a kickass job, as always.

ruffian said:

100_1013.jpg

lincoln.jpg

Russty, where are you moving? I forgot :reject: The new tattoo sounds very cool.

Don't stop posting pics! :love:

He really is gorgeous! He looks like a sweetheart! :heart:

ruffian said:

I wish you were closer so I could come see Lincoln in person. He is just beautiful. I could totall fall in love with him. :drool: How many hands is he? Every girl needs a handsome, strong, gallant man in their life. :wink:

You may have not heard the whole saga that has played out in Catville the last few months. B lost his job here and there really aren't anymore to speak of. The economy is so bad here and we have been barely hanging on for the last few years. So when he lost his job I freaked and called my mom. She was really sweet and said that it was time to just give in and come home already. So we talked it over and we have sold our house and he is down in Southern California looking for a job. I give him so much credit he has been living with my parents for the last 2 weeks and not complaining a bit. My parents are being really helpful though, so I know its all going to work out. Hopefully they can find a rental house that will take pets, since we have 2 dogs and a cat. I don't care where we end up as long as I'm near my family again and I'm with B. :heart: He's looking even hotter then Bono at this point. :laugh:

ruffian said:

yes, it would have been great for him to show up--i think he would have loved the audience, in that it definitely wasn't the regular collection! I heard they were going to rehearse right before the tour in Dublin, but who knows...I know they have also been in London and will be at an awards ceremony there Monday.

SG, hope it all works out with the character. I can't imagine trying to plan out the logistics of a plot and character development AND having to worry about being creative, as well :yikes:

Well there were also pics of him and Ali at a children's benefit in Monaco last night with Prince Albert :shrug:, so I doubt the USA story is accurate...I can't keep up with that man anymore...but I can try...:drool:

Russty - how close are you to Idelwild (sp) ? My heart just aches for the families of those firefighters :sad:

I remember being very grateful that I lived in Michigan when I was going though my wildfire training, because they are so dangerous and unpredictable. The thought that someone is purposefully setting these fires makes me sick to my stomach

Russty Cat said:

I wish you were closer so I could come see Lincoln in person. He is just beautiful. I could totall fall in love with him. :drool: How many hands is he? Every girl needs a handsome, strong, gallant man in their life. :wink:

You may have not heard the whole saga that has played out in Catville the last few months. B lost his job here and there really aren't anymore to speak of. The economy is so bad here and we have been barely hanging on for the last few years. So when he lost his job I freaked and called my mom. She was really sweet and said that it was time to just give in and come home already. So we talked it over and we have sold our house and he is down in Southern California looking for a job. I give him so much credit he has been living with my parents for the last 2 weeks and not complaining a bit. My parents are being really helpful though, so I know its all going to work out. Hopefully they can find a rental house that will take pets, since we have 2 dogs and a cat. I don't care where we end up as long as I'm near my family again and I'm with B. :heart: He's looking even hotter then Bono at this point. :laugh:

Russty!:sad: I'm sorry! I hope B finds a job really soon, and you guys can get settled. *hotter than Bono?* :ohmy:

Russty Cat said:

wow, that sounds incredibly stressful, and I know So. Cal is so expensive...but it sounds like you have lots of support and the stress is bringing everyone together rather than working the other way, so that's great. I hope it all falls into place for you :hug:

Lincoln is 16.2 at 3 years old, and because he's an American Warmblood (a breed that is a cross of Thoroughbred and Percheron, which is a draft horse) he'll grow till he's 5 or 6. I think he'll top out at 17 hands, though his brother is 17.2 :yikes:

Sad_Girl said:
Russty - how close are you to Idelwild (sp) ? My heart just aches for the families of those firefighters :sad:

I remember being very grateful that I lived in Michigan when I was going though my wildfire training, because they are so dangerous and unpredictable. The thought that someone is purposefully setting these fires makes me sick to my stomach

You lived in Michigan? Which part, if you don't mind me asking..

Back
Top Bottom