Pleban Girls Party - Waiting under the misletoe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww JC you're sweet! I was feeling down today because I miss Dublin. Today and last night I had so many little experiences that reminded me of my time there. I'm here spending Christmas with my family, and although I love them, part of me wishes I could be spending it in Dublin. I really felt at home there, for the first time in my life.

Definitely mansions. Even castles!!!
IMG_0633.JPG

redhotswami said:
Aww JC you're sweet! I was feeling down today because I miss Dublin. Today and last night I had so many little experiences that reminded me of my time there. I'm here spending Christmas with my family, and although I love them, part of me wishes I could be spending it in Dublin. I really felt at home there, for the first time in my life.

Wow, that is really something how you feel. Are you ever going to go back and live there?

Yeah, I plan on it. Not sure how just yet :wink: I'm keeping my eye open for job vacancies though. I'm part of an organization that is having a conference in FL in spring, and there is actually a chapter in Dublin...so, I'm hoping to rub some elbows!

After my experience there, I wrote an article about it that appeared in an Irish newsletter. Mom read it and told me that she understands I have to go back. Which was hard for her to say because every mother wants her child to be nearby. But it was like she was giving me her blessing, and she felt it too. Even today she reminded me that I will go back in the future.

~BrightestStar~ said:

I can count to 10 and swear :happy:

:lol: why doesn't that surprise me? :wink:

I'm working on one of my novel projects which has been on the back burner for far too long. I was trying to name the main character, and there is a fairly large Dutch-American geneology in the area in which the story is set - I just wanted a good name or what could be a name

thank goodness for altavista babelfish! :happy:

That is very nice...I could imagine how she must feel, but she has to give you your wings, a moms job ya know. You'll go back one day, just have to wait until the time is right, patience is a virtue.
Then when you do go back, I have someone to visit!:wink:

redhotswami said:
Sorry I'm all :blahblah: tonight, JC thanks for listening :hug:

Hey there Bri! :hug: How did your exams go?

I said I was here for ya, no need for sorries!! Going to sleep now, I gotta get me some of those Bonoplums in my head to make me feel better. :hug: Chat later.

Nighty Night everyone & Bono wherever you are :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: why doesn't that surprise me? :wink:

I'm working on one of my novel projects which has been on the back burner for far too long. I was trying to name the main character, and there is a fairly large Dutch-American geneology in the area in which the story is set - I just wanted a good name or what could be a name

thank goodness for altavista babelfish! :happy:

:tongue: :lol:

Ooo! Nifty. Go Dutch! :dancing:

I could prob find a name or two....jus a sec...

~BrightestStar~ said:

:tongue: :lol:

Ooo! Nifty. Go Dutch! :dancing:

I could prob find a name or two....jus a sec...

I'm looking for something like 'North woods'

I've found one that means East woods - Osterhoudt

and as far as I can tell north woods would be Noorden houdt or hout

but I'm not sure about squeezing all of that into a name

Last edited:
Sugar-coated bonoplums :tongue: :wink:

that's ok, Bri - I'm in full research mode now I'll come up with something

got your PM btw - will need a bit to think on it :hmm:

^ :lol:!

Sad_Girl said:
Sugar-coated bonoplums :tongue: :wink:

I don't know whether to giggle hysterically or drool! :lol: :p