Pleban Girls Party - Two years and still going strong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, thanks, berlin :)

my sis has done prety well for herself. I've had a more difficult [not always] last 11 yrs. SHe decided she wanted to give a me a vaction for my 50th { almost 4 yrs agao}, but because of my severe fear of flying-- only flown till this vacation - 2xs as an adult ....with 12 yrs between both of those trips.

I HAD the money back then, but then i got too scared, again!
This WAS 12 yrs BEFORE 9-11 [ i am a NYC'r, and worked for 1 yr <80/81> in the South WT Tower]. SO THAT wasn't a factor!

i believe we haven't met yet.......welcome to the PGP!

are you a longer time or a newer fan?
I don't dump on newbies ........if you are.

OH, you're an aussie! :D

Drea said:
Good :) I'm jealous of your trip :lol: Glad you had such a good time :hug:

thanks! :hug:

and yeah, I can understand that!
My sis goes to all these places - traveling to interesting/beautiful places> sometimes with workshops and all<is one of her more fav things to do.

And if you think I haven't been very envoius on occasion [esp these last 12 yrs] ...then............I'm B's secret mistress.............

:wink:

I WISH I didn't have these envy spikes from time to time.......but I haven't made :angel: sainthood yet!

Anyway, I've wanted to see these waters for like, 30 yrs- and it finally happened!

The last semi-major vacation I had was in ?1998 - 3 days in the ealry summer in WAshington, DC.
I also did a day [train round trip] each in Balt/World Con 98 & Philly/World COn 2001.

I'm sure you'll get to go on a dream vacation within a few yrs! :crossesfingers:

Last edited:
Alisaura said:
That sounds like an incredible trip, Dazz! I'm so glad you had a great time :D :hug:

So many cool pics... :drool:

Aussie Aussie Aussie! :up:

hi alis!

Well Austrailia has SO MANY different kinds of landscapes/terrain/environments.....:love: :love:
I've seen soime great travel footage!

and The Great Barrier Reefs!!!!!!!!!

which I know are in trouble, too :sad: :sad:

Drea said:
Oy oy oy! :lol:

:lol: You get to be an honourary Aussie, just for that :D *smudges Vegemite on your forehead*

Dazz, I really want to see more of Australia... I've hardly seen any of it. I want to see the Reef before it dies... :(

Alisaura said:

:lol You get to be an honourary Aussie, just for that :D *smudges Vegemite on your forehead*

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

someone explained Vegimite to someone else last yesr in one of the threads!

Alisaura said:
Dazz, I really want to see more of Australia... I've hardly seen any of it. I want to see the Reef before it dies... :(

I sure hope you do/can. ANd that somehow more of the GBR WILL be saved than not! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Vegemite :yuck: I'll take the honourary Aussie title, but you can keep that horrible stuff! :lol: (When I was in grade 6, one of my teachers had just come back from a one year exchange in Australia, and brought us vegemite to taste... UGH!)

Drea said:
Vegemite :yuck: but you can keep that horrible stuff! :lol: (When I was in grade 6, one of my teachers had just come back from a one year exchange in Australia, and brought us vegemite to taste... UGH!)

:giggle:

yeah, THAT'S what I heard about it!

we'll take timtams, instead! :D :wink:

In fact when things quiet down a bit more in my life & the weather stays warmer. I'm OFF AGAIN on my HUNT FOR TimTams in NYC!

The point being........being IN NYC which has just about everything of a human-created catagory [that is]. SOME one someWHERE HAS to have TimTams!

I confess I didn't try posting in the last 10 minutes... SOMEONE gave me a link to Lord of the Peeps.com... *looks Canada-wards* :giggle:

Vegemite is probably one of those things you need to grow up on to appreciate... and my experience is that a lot of non-Australians think it looks like chocolate and put WAY too much on their bread or whatever... that would be :yuck: !

Okay how about this... *showers Honorary Aussie Drea in tim tams and Milo and lamingtons* :wink:

Good luck on the Tim Tam hunt, Dazz!

Last edited:
Alisaura said:
I confess I didn't try posting in the last 10 minutes... SOMEONE gave me a link to Lord of the Peeps.com... *looks Canada-wards* :giggle:

Vegemite is probably one of those things you need to grow up on to appreciate... and my experience is that a lot of non-Australians think it looks like chocolate and put WAY too much on their bread or whatever... that would be :yuck: !

Okay how about this... *showers Honorary Aussie Drea in tim tams and Milo and lamingtons* :wink:

:giggle: :angel: I merely gave you the link to show you what peeps look like... :angel:

Bedtime for me - since George Bush is an idiot and making me lose an hour of sleep two or three weeks early, I'd better get what I can :wink: (Yes I'm Canadian, but we're following the US in this because of our business links :madwife: I want my hour back! :madwife: )

Back
Top Bottom