Pleban Girls Party - Together again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Are you familiar with them? The Full title is Take off Your Pants and Jacket. And if you don't get it right away, say it to yourself a few times. :wink:

am i familiar with blink 182? or taking off my pants & jacket? :shifty:

they were on the simpsons once, does that count. :wink:

i'm gonna make a music trip to the library website soon, i'll put them on my list :up:

BabyfaceU2osc416.jpg

:lol: Larry looks a little frightened of Adam's hair :lmao:

Good night Drea :hug: have fun with your parents this weekend :)

the rockin edge said:

am i familiar with blink 182? or taking off my pants & jacket? :shifty:

they were on the simpsons once, does that count. :wink:

i'm gonna make a music trip to the library website soon, i'll put them on my list :up:

I don't think you'll like them, and I'll be devestated. :sad: :lol:

Let me recommend stuff you should get! :hyper: Or tomorrow, I can upload stuff from one of my burned cds. :shifty:

VintagePunk said:
Night Drea :hug:

Joanne, it's a great song! And the video was awesome and goofy and immature, and that's what I love about them. I think that's the problem, many of their hits were of that ilk, and people just wrote them off without exploring their other music. I always say they help me unleash my inner-14 year old boy. :wink:

See, that's the thing, VP, they have/had that rep as immature punkers. Either that, or most other people my age wouldn't even know who they were (unless they had kids or young relatives who listened to them). If you're my age around here, you listen to classic rock, :up:

country, :yuck: for the most part

or you keep listening to the stuff you listened to back in high school.

jobob said:

See, that's the thing, VP, they have/had that rep as immature punkers. Either that, or most other people my age wouldn't even know who they were (unless they had kids or young relatives who listened to them). If you're my age around here, you listen to classic rock, :up:

country, :yuck: for the most part

or you keep listening to the stuff you listened to back in high school.

See, that's funny, because Sarah listens to far more classic rock than I do. And we'd be listening to modern rock/alt rock stations, and she'd have to ask me who was playing. :lol: On their earlier albums, they always put one kind of joke/gross/extremely vulgar song on them, and I even liked those. That inner 14 y/o boy thing. :wink: But they've also done songs about suicide (actually, that one's called Adam's song :ohmy: ), families breaking up, love/lust/heartbreak, the pain of growing up...they're all over the place, musically.

the rockin edge said:

actually i just put a request in for their greatest hits :p

maybe i will like them :angry:

:wink:

I just looked at their greatest hits on Amazon, and there are a bunch of songs that you need other than that! I'll get them for you tomorrow. :yes:

VintagePunk said:

See, that's funny, because Sarah listens to far more classic rock than I do. And we'd be listening to modern rock/alt rock stations, and she'd have to ask me who was playing. :lol:

There's supposedly this whole big group of teenage classic rock fans like her and sami, about to save classic rock from dying out. Rolling Stone's written about it a few times; I've heard dj's and talk radio hosts here talk about it too.

Sad_Girl said:
I've been working at getting jobs for at least one adult in each household - I can't remember them all, but I know Edge is in the science field and Dallas has started his life of crime; I believe he's a bookie at the moment :lol:

Edge has brains as well as looks :love:

Dallas is a bookie :lmao:, if NI used him he'd make a fortune

Hey, Wild :hug:

Sorry I missed you on Wednesday afternoon when I was home sick. :(

Silly me, writing in my Interference journal when I should have chosen the Pleba party instead. :wink:

jobob said:

There's supposedly this whole big group of teenage classic rock fans like her and sami, about to save classic rock from dying out. Rolling Stone's written about it a few times; I've heard dj's and talk radio hosts here talk about it too.

Yeah, I saw that. She's been into it for years, though. And it seems to me that there's a segment of kids in every generation for whom classic rock holds a lot of appeal.

:lol: My cat just jumped up on my lap, meowed, jumped down and went over to the bed and curled up to go to sleep... I think she may be trying to tell me something :lol:

:hug: night guys! Talk to you later

Okay, I just remembered, while I was sleeping earlier, I had a dream where I was at some vacation place with my family, and Sami was there with us. Her and my niece (the one close to my age) were hanging out, looking for a field where they could plant flowers. :lol: And I had a laptop so I could get online. I found a quiz on another site that someone had submitted - it was one of those "what type of _____ are you" quizzes, but it was really long, over 300 questions. One of the questions said something to the effect of "Is your post count as high as VintagePunk's in such a short period of time?" I knew then that it was someone from Interference who made up the quiz and was being mean. :angry:

:lmao:

:yawn:

Good God, it's almost 3 a.m.! :crazy:

Well, that's what it is here (and for SG and VP) anyway. It's not like I have to be anywhere tomorrow morning ... but I could use some sleep, so I'm going to bed. :wave:

Good night, all. See you again soon.

Back
Top Bottom