Pleban Girls Party - thanking U2 for an amazing 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm alright Bri. Just have a icky night, I guess. Struggling with depression. It happens. I know all of the stuff I have to do to get over it and get back 'up'. It's just easier to let myself cry and pull the covers over my head. :lol:

Ok, obviously, thats not true or I'd still be in bed. Depression is a serious bitch that way. You feel too sad and icky to really do much, but you also feel so anxious and jittery that you can't rest either

:hug: and Dazz, too. thanks you guys

Last edited:
Even with my procrastinators ethic. Pressure does my art no good. While it's hard to avoid, specially when it is a factor in your livlihood...I think you've got to try and leave it behind when you're doing it.
And fear of failure kinda goes with that.
If I let it get to me, not a single one of my u2 watercolours would have ever gotten finished. I sat there many a time and thought, if I mess this part up, then all my hard work up to this point is ruined, etc.....in the end I just didn't think about it, and jumped on in.

Sad_Girl said:

Ok, obviously, thats not true or I'd still be in bed. Depression is a serious bitch that way. You feel too sad and icky to really do much, but you also feel so anxious and jittery that you can't rest either

:hug: and Dazz, too. thanks you guys

:hug: sg
yeah....in my case it's also been thye anxiety aspect getting me so wired that I can't sleep well at all and the anx alone also wears you down and makes you tired, but you caN'T sleep well. THEN that made my more anxious and TH#EN deprerssed b/c I could hardly do anything.
it was a cycle like that that got me into so much trouble......with other factors...in the first place.

I know :heart: I hope you realize how much that helps, because it means the world to me :hug:

I just need to focus my mind on something, to set some new goals for myself, yadda yadda... Nothing I need to talk about really. Just having someone to chat with about whatever nonsense entertains me helps most :lol:

and a copy of Bass Player magazine would be nice :p

~BrightestStar~ said:
Even with my procrastinators ethic. Pressure does my art no good. While it's hard to avoid, specially when it is a factor in your livlihood...I think you've got to try and leave it behind when you're doing it.
And fear of failure kinda goes with that.
If I let it get to me, not a single one of my u2 watercolours would have ever gotten finished. I sat there many a time and thought, if I mess this part up, then all my hard work up to this point is ruined, etc.....in the end I just didn't think about it, and jumped on in.

:yes: again good observations, bri

WHAT i want to try and capture........is turning the devotion, high energy, focus and Fun I had during my 11 day u2 'week'..........toWARDS my art.
And that does require i try to let go more of the fears stuff......

Hi Sami :hug: how are you?

Dazz :hug: it's always nice to know other people really do understand what it's like; that we're never really as alone as it can feel sometimes :heart: and that depression and anxiety are burdens that we can bear without breaking

Sad_Girl said:
I

and a copy of Bass Player magazine would be nice :p

a special Adam article out? or just in general...

I went to GutaIR Center{ for their Brooklyn store} opening 3 weeks ago :drool: :drool:

the truth is I when I get a gutair in my hands I do BOTH lead runs {hah in slo-mo :lol: }, chording {in the past....i've forgotten them now, but i'm sure if i looked at some charts I'd remember a few right away} and I've ALSO often played BassLines as well :lol: .

It's Allllllll :drool: worthy!!!!!:drool:

Hi everyone!! :wave: :hug:

SG :hug: :hug: :hug:. I'm so sorry you're feeling sad. I've been there. Being around people, on the Internet or in person, can be a help. :hug:

Dazz, I'm listening to the new Iggy Pop anthology right now! It's really good, and reminds me that Iggy was the first real "punk" artist I listened to.

Hi Bri, Sami! :hug: :hug:

sami0201 said:
Bri can I come stay at your house until Saturday? :happy:

Sure :happy:

Just knock on the door 3 times, and the password is "how now brown cow" :shifty:

:lol:
Why?
Cousins still not letting you get any sleep?

Hi Diane! :hug:

Blue crack really is the best medicine..no matter how sad or upset one feels, you girls are impossible not to laugh at.
errr......I mean with :shifty:
:heart:

Oh, btw SG...when I caught up I saw the Sims stuff. I'd forgotten how much I missed it! :heart: It's always a laugh!...even when poor sim me stands there forever waiting to talk to B while he's being hogged by VP :angry: :lol: It was also nice to see sim me out and about a bit..I'd hate to be the hermit sim. :lol:
Thanks for doing it :love:

j94rdd.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:
Oh, btw SG...when I caught up I saw the Sims stuff. I'd forgotten how much I missed it! :heart: It's always a laugh!...even when poor sim me stands there forever waiting to talk to B while he's being hogged by VP :angry: :lol: It was also nice to see sim me out and about a bit..I'd hate to be the hermit sim. :lol:

:D My pleasure

I haven't gotten much done with it today... though I did add two houses to the neighborhood

H4.jpg

PDH.jpg

and so I only need two more houses for all the sims. Until I add different era U2 guys, anyway. :wink:

neighboehood.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:

Sure :happy :

Just knock on the door 3 times, and the password is "how now brown cow" : shifty:

:lol :
Why?
Cousins still not letting you get any sleep?

Hi Diane! : hug:

Blue crack really is the best medicine..no matter how sad or upset one feels, you girls are impossible not to laugh at.
errr......I mean with :shifty :
:heart :

hi Dazz, Diane :hug:

:lol: Bri

yeah, but I made both of them sleep over so they'll sleep together in the other room and wake each other up in the morning and I get my own bed :) :laugh: Why can't they stay at my grandparents house with their parents :scream:

the little one is running around the house with ice cream screaming "who wants a scoop of banella bagina!? pistachio (sp?) penis!? turquoise tushie!!" OMG :banghead: :lmao: :reject:

hopefully they'll wear themselves out and calm down soon :|

geez, I was happy they switched their flight to Saturday, now I'm not too sure! :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol: I'm the hermit sim!!!

I wasn't here for the last time but it is fun to see! :yes: thanks SG! :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:

H4.jpg

PDH.jpg

and so I only need two more houses for all the sims. Until I add different era U2 guys, anyway. :wink:

neighboehood.jpg

OMG:eeklaugh: :hyper: :hyper: SIMses! :drool: :drool:

I only saw that you were actually trying it out again, sg...last night!
So i haven't since any of the start up yet!
I have a second window open so I'm ctaching up on the threads I missed b/c of tyhe strike & holiday vacation!

neighboehood.jpg

1 U2
2 VP, Sarah, Bri and SG
3 Sami, DG, Ruff
4 Wild, Jem, BG
5. Paul McG and Dallas
6. Drea, Diane, Fly

Which leaves two empty lots for
Weldy, Dis and GG
And
Jo, Mucca, Dazz and Russty

Back