Pleban Girls' Party - Taking a drive in the dirty rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Thanks. :hug: I'm whining like a big baby, and I'm sure your back's no better. :reject:

btw, congrats on the good interview, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Aww don't worry VP! We all go through hard times and need to vent. That's what we're here for!:hug: By the way, did you hear the new news about my mom? I think I mentioned she had cancer...

Aww thora, you've hurt your back too? I didn't catch that before...:( :hug:

We're all just falling apart lately, aren't we.....:|

VintagePunk said:

I think that probably has something to do with it, too. I feel like I'm being pulled in like 8,000 different directions right now, and I'm not being particularly effective at any of them. :|

I'll see how I am tomorrow, and if I'm no better, maybe give her a call. I'm trying to avoid it, because I don't want to spend the $75 it'll cost.

:bleh: I'm such a downer. :wink:

Looks like we've discovered someone's halloween costume!

debbiedowner.jpg

:happy:

:hug:

Glad you're having a relatively good period, Thora. :up: I almost always have a small degree of tightness/pain, but you get used to it, and it becomes normal. I only go through something like this maybe a couple of times a year, thank goodness.

Grumpy people rock :love: :rockon: :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

debbiedowner.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :bow: That is one of my all-time fav. SNL skits. The Lindsay Lohan one where everyone started cracking up in the middle was classic. "Feline AIDS is the number one killer o domestic cats." LOL. (That's good news for Larry. LOL)

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

Aww don't worry VP! We all go through hard times and need to vent. That's what we're here for!:hug: By the way, did you hear the new news about my mom? I think I mentioned she had cancer...

I read that when I was catching up! That is SUCH great news, and I'm so happy for you and your mom, what a relief that must be! :hug:

VintagePunk said:
Glad you're having a relatively good period, Thora. :up: I almost always have a small degree of tightness/pain, but you get used to it, and it becomes normal. I only go through something like this maybe a couple of times a year, thank goodness.

Heck yes they do!! :grumpy: is something I've been in a permanent state of since the beginning of the summer.

Currently Listening: "Rejoice"/U2 (Wow, my Media Player shuffler sure likes to deal me the irony. :giggle:

~BrightestStar~ said:

debbiedowner.jpg

OMG!!! :lmao:

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but when I was at my cousin's in the summer, she told me not to let her one cat out because it's FIV positive. Sarah and I may have made that Debbie Downer sound a few times that weekend. :shifty: :reject:

~BrightestStar~ said:

It's more of a solution I got. I've been having almost constant back pain for 11 years. I didn't ever talk about it too much, since it was just a normal facet of life for me, but finally the pain got too unbearable, so I went to a Dr. Turns out I have scoliosis, so I've begun going to a physiotherapist and a chiropractor to help me manage the pain, and prevent the scoliosis from getting worse. This has been very helpful, so I am feeling better, but am still in pain a lot.

Originally posted by Vintage Punk

Hell yeah! :D

VintagePunk said:

I read that when I was catching up! That is SUCH great news, and I'm so happy for you and your mom, what a relief that must be! :hug:

It is, Thank you for your well wishes!:hug: That's been one of the biggest stresses in my life this year. I hope things get less stressful for you soon:yes: :heart:

VintagePunk said:
Thanks Britt :hug: I have school deadlines hanging over my head, and then I've got a bunch of family issues going on too, at the moment. I'm sure it'll ease eventually.

Anytime! I have the same thing..school and more family stuff. I know how you feel! Anytime you need/want feel to talk just let me know!:hug:

VintagePunk said:

OMG!!! :lmao:

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but when I was at my cousin's in the summer, she told me not to let her one cat out because it's FIV positive. Sarah and I may have made that Debbie Downer sound a few times that weekend. :shifty: :reject:

I love that sound. Ahh Classic!! I'd type it, but I'm not sure where to start:huh:

Currently Listening: "Waterfalls"/TLC

VintagePunk said:
I don't think I mentioned this either, but Sarah's graduation is Saturday.

Apparently, till yesterday, the only person I'd told was my mom. :reject: :lol:

I feel quite stupid for asking this, but is Sarah your daughter? And she's graduating in October? I'm sorry, I have much to catch up on..:reject:

Currently Listening: "Cry Me A River"/Justin Timberlake

~BrightestStar~ said:

:ohmy:! Wow!

Does she get a cap? :hyper:

I didn't get a cap!

Damn those people who came before me who voted nay to caps. :madwife:

Take lots of embarassing pictures! :cute:

I SO got a cap:wink: We even got to throw them in the air when we were "pronounced" graduated. We were actually told specifically by our prinicpals not to, but obviously we didn't listen..what were they gonna do? Suspend us?:lol: Congrats To Sarah:applaud:

Britt, yes, she's my daughter. I don't know why, but for some insane reason, up here, graduation ceremonies are generally held in October, for the previous year's graduating class.

Bri, they get caps to wear, and I guess they can also buy them and keep them pretty cheap? She said she didn't know about it till after the deadline for paying for them, because she goes right to co-op mornings, so she doesn't get to hear morning announcements.

Her camera broke a few days ago. :angry: I'm going to have to find my old-school 35 mm camera, I don't even know where it is. I keep meaning to post in the tech thread to see if anyone has any suggestions for it.

That's awesome for Sarah!

And I think it's hilarious that you haven't told anyone! :lol: When I graduated from high school and then university, my parents made such a huge deal about it - it was embarassing. I know they're big accomplishments, but they were treating me like I'd discovered the moon or something. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Britt, yes, she's my daughter. I don't know why, but for some insane reason, up here, graduation ceremonies are generally held in October, for the previous year's graduating class.

Bri, they get caps to wear, and I guess they can also buy them and keep them pretty cheap? She said she didn't know about it till after the deadline for paying for them, because she goes right to co-op mornings, so she doesn't get to hear morning announcements.

Her camera broke a few days ago. :angry: I'm going to have to find my old-school 35 mm camera, I don't even know where it is. I keep meaning to post in the tech thread to see if anyone has any suggestions for it.

Ok great!! Tell her congratulations! Graduating in the fall sounds cool (no pun intended. LOL) It's always so hot in June whether it's inside or in my class' case (because we're so amazingly lucky) outside because it wasn't raining. That's awesome though!!

Currently Listening: "I Love You"/Martina McBride

ThoraSEB said:
That's awesome for Sarah!

And I think it's hilarious that you haven't told anyone! :lol: When I graduated from high school and then university, my parents made such a huge deal about it - it was embarassing. I know they're big accomplishments, but they were treating me like I'd discovered the moon or something. :lol:

I should be ashamed, I know...I've been so scattered lately, with a million things on my mind. :reject: :lol:

Part of it too, is that we were waiting to hear about ticket info. They're holding the ceremony at a theatre downtown, and the way it was supposed to go is that each family gets two tickets, and then had to request extras. Again, because she misses the announcements, she didn't find out till a few days ago that this year there are no tickets, it's first come, first served. So, I didn't know how many I was allowed to invited. Hell, I'm going to invite everyone I know, now. Wanna come? :wink:

VintagePunk said:

I should be ashamed, I know...I've been so scattered lately, with a million things on my mind. :reject: :lol:

Part of it too, is that we were waiting to hear about ticket info. They're holding the ceremony at a theatre downtown, and the way it was supposed to go is that each family gets two tickets, and then had to request extras. Again, because she misses the announcements, she didn't find out till a few days ago that this year there are no tickets, it's first come, first served. So, I didn't know how many I was allowed to invited. Hell, I'm going to invite everyone I know, now. Wanna come? :wink:

No, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure that Sarah understands. :)

Sure, I'd love to come! :lol:

U2isthebest said:

Ok great!! Tell her congratulations! Graduating in the fall sounds cool (no pun intended. LOL) It's always so hot in June whether it's inside or in my class' case (because we're so amazingly lucky) outside because it wasn't raining. That's awesome though!!

Currently Listening: "I Love You"/Martina McBride

Yes, the cooler weather is an advantage, but otherwise it makes no sense. Sarah went back for another year to do a co-op, and take a few classes she wanted to take but didn't have room in her schedule for before, but almost all of her friends are away at university, and I feel bad for people who are far away and have to make a special trip home just for this.

I'm going to head off for now ladies!! You all have awesome nights and sleep well! I'll talk to you later!!:hug: :hug:

Currently Listening: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"/U2

VintagePunk said:

I know my mom's friends kids all got to keep thier caps. And I'm pretty sure it was cheap if not free.

I cannot fully describe my disappoitment at not getting a cap. The geeky gown just isn't worth it without a cool ass cap :sad:

Maybe you can borrow a camera off someone? B maybe?

And tell Sarah Congrats! :)

I hate to leave you Bri, but I've got a conversation going on IM that really needs all my attention right now. Needy friends. :tsk: :lol:

I hope you have a good night! :hug: Sweet dreams. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom