Pleban Girls Party - Sweet Sixteen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mucca said:

Hey I actually was! Well not exactly a scout, I quit after getting all my pretty badges when I was a cub. :lol:

If you ever want to go camping and explore some of natures finest species just give me a shout :wink:
We'll have tons of fun in the wild :sexywink:

I'm more of a 5-star hotel girl. :sexywink:

You were a cub?? Weren't you a Girl Guide?? :lol:

Do you think I'd get their attention waving this poster at the concert?

posteridea.jpg

"The first night Edge was in a cloud of dry ice when he got out of the lemon and I couldn't see him, but I knew he wasn't playing his guitar when he should have been. And I didn't know what to do exactly. And then I just heard this giggling. He was laughing his head off. I caught him through the fog. There is just a smidgen of (Spinal Tap's) Derek Smalls about him at the moment. But listen, that's balls." (Bono on PopMart)

I just love this! The fact that they are in front of thousands of people and Edge is laughing his bum off, having a go at Bono. The idea of the fact that after all these years their still mates who love taking the piss out of each other is just fantastic. :heart:

Russty Cat said:

I just love this! The fact that they are in front of thousands of people and Edge is laughing his bum off, having a go at Bono. The idea of the fact that after all these years their still mates who love taking the piss out of each other is just fantastic. :heart:

I love that! :lol: thats is just so cute and funny and aggravating and everything a good friend should be :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

I'm more of a 5-star hotel girl. :sexywink:

You were a cub?? Weren't you a Girl Guide?? :lol:

Well aren't you high maintenance :huh:

Nope I was a cub. There were 4 other girls with me, but it was all good cause when we go camping we got a huge family sized tent while the boys got the tiny ones for two people and when we were in cabins, we got the bunk beds and the boys slept on the floor :D

CeeCee said:

Really? What caused you to suspect such a thing?

Who else in the first seven months of this year:

*was nominated, yet again, for the Nobel Peace Prize.

*was considered for the World Bank presidency (and should have been appointed to it, IMHO).

*was one of the first people consulted by the man who was nominated to the World Bank presidency.

*delivered the most memorable quote about the death of Pope John Paul II ("He was the best front man the Catholic Church ever had").

*convinced Bob Geldof to put on Live 8.

*saw his years of lobbying American and European governments pay off earlier this summer when several nations agreed to forgive an astounding $40 billion in African debt.

*opened London Live 8 with McCartney and the rest of U2.

*went to the G8 Summit to talk to the G8 leaders.

*and had his name in People Magazine almost everytime jobob bought an issue.

I probably left something out.

:wink:

Mucca said:

Well aren't you high maintenance :huh:

Nope I was a cub. There were 4 other girls with me, but it was all good cause when we go camping we got a huge family sized tent while the boys got the tiny ones for two people and when we were in cabins, we got the bunk beds and the boys slept on the floor :D

So you were a cub?? *wipes away a tear of pride* Brownies are lame. :lol:

Yes, I am high maintenance. Are you up for it? :flirt:

SG, I find that when I write, I need to almost adopt another mindset....that I almost need to be absorbed by the characters, enter their world...and then when real world things pull me back, I sort of become resentful...and then to return to the writing world again, it takes time, effort...

Am I crazy? Do you ever experience anything like this?

I think that's why I haven't written lately, I haven't had the time/concentration required to enter into that world. :huh:

VintagePunk said:

Dammit, VP, *I* was a Brownie. Are you saying *I* was lame? :wink:

I'm not at all surprised to learn our VP is high maintenance.

Is it new thread time?

VintagePunk said:

Yup, I was a cub. You know the shirts that we had to wear for scouts has become very fashionable for some odd reason. Alot of people wore in my school this year. :hmm:

Of course I am! I ready for anything!
I guess instead of rolling around in the mud we'll be rolling around on a king size bed. :drool:

Mucca said:

Russty in a skin art mag :drool:
Well I'm definately buying a copy!

Have any plans for you back yet?

I'm leaning towards some sort of 50's pinup girl type thing combined with some sort of super hero. I was thinking maybe wearing like a catwoman costume with pink hair. :lol: V and I have been talking about it. We're still working on batting ideas around.

I'm seriously thinking I may need to just break down and do a U2/PJ/Beatles tattoo as well someplace. I feel like I'm denying something if I don't. :shrug:

jobob said:

Dammit, VP, *I* was a Brownie. Are you saying *I* was lame? :wink:

I'm not at all surprised to learn our VP is high maintenance.

Is it new thread time?

No, all Brownies but you are lame!! :shifty:

Dammit, I don't know!! I was just saying that cause Mucca chose an alternative to Brownies, and....and...

*VP mumbles incoherently, then has a mental breakdown*

:wink:

VintagePunk said:
SG, I find that when I write, I need to almost adopt another mindset....that I almost need to be absorbed by the characters, enter their world...and then when real world things pull me back, I sort of become resentful...and then to return to the writing world again, it takes time, effort...

Am I crazy? Do you ever experience anything like this?

I think that's why I haven't written lately, I haven't had the time/concentration required to enter into that world. :huh:

Thats exactly what it's like. the world around you fades away and you get tunnel vision. It's why I haven't gotten anything written when I'm online chatting :lol: I keep getting pulled out of the story.

One of my very favorite quotes ever is from Ernest Hemmingway:
"Writing is an easy thing. You simply sit down at the typewriter and bleed."

You live and breathe inside of your writing, when the real world allows it. And when you can do that, whatever you're writing will reflect that depth. It makes it real to the reader

Sad_Girl said:

Thats exactly what it's like. the world around you fades away and you get tunnel vision. It's why I haven't gotten anything written when I'm online chatting :lol: I keep getting pulled out of the story.

One of my very favorite quotes ever is from Ernest Hemmingway:
"Writing is an easy thing. You simply sit down at the typewriter and bleed."

You live and breathe inside of your writing, when the real world allows it. And when you can do that, whatever you're writing will reflect that depth. It makes it real to the reader

Shit. :( I don't do the transition thing well...to accomplish anything I need to ummmm....despite sounding insane...go into that world for days at a time. Just an hour or two at a time is no good.

And when I was writing, I would get in a serious funk when I had other things to do, and I was "pulled out." :huh:

Russty Cat said:

I'm leaning towards some sort of 50's pinup girl type thing combined with some sort of super hero. I was thinking maybe wearing like a catwoman costume with pink hair. :lol: V and I have been talking about it. We're still working on batting ideas around.

I'm seriously thinking I may need to just break down and do a U2/PJ/Beatles tattoo as well someplace. I feel like I'm denying something if I don't. :shrug:

Some place? That is if there's any space left! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom